The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
Jun 12, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #526 of 750
My Paradox was one of the earlier pairs made by LFF.. this was before he had (what now looks like) a better way to secure the pads to the cup housing.  That being said, the more recent pairs (with the more seamless pad attachments) don't sound any better (or worse) than my Paradox.  Luis individually tunes these and has mentioned before that there has been no (acoustic) changes made to Paradox' sound & tuning between Paradox serial #1 and whatever they're up to now.

In regards to trying Alpha Pads on the Paradox.. they'll probably fit.. but I doubt it would benefit/improve the sound.. most likely the opposite, actually.. b/c Luis tuned the Paradox to be used, specifically, with the FA-003 pads.. and the pads are an important part of preserving the tuning.

Jun 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #528 of 750
Quote:
My Paradox was one of the earlier pairs made by LFF.. this was before he had (what looks like) a better way (now) to secure the pads to the cup housing.  That being said, the more recent pairs (with cleaner pad attachments) don't sound any better (or worse) than my Paradox.  Luis individually tunes these and has mentioned before that there has been no (acoustic) changes made to Paradox' sound & tuning between Paradox serial #1 and whatever they're up to now.

In regards to trying Alpha Pads on the Paradox.. they'll probably fit.. but I doubt it would benefit/improve the sound.. most likely the opposite, actually.. b/c Luis tuned the Paradox to be used, specifically, with the FA-003 pads.. and the pads are an important part of preserving the tuning.

Thank you for that insight. I was just more curious if anyone got experimental not for any other reason then to just hear what that sounds like. 

Would anyone happen to have any insight as to how the pairing of the Benchmark DAC1 and the paradox sounds?

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #529 of 750
FA pads are not angled...vs alphapads angled. 

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #531 of 750
Quote:
My Paradox was one of the earlier pairs made by LFF.. this was before he had (what now looks like) a better way to secure the pads to the cup housing.  That being said, the more recent pairs (with the more seamless pad attachments) don't sound any better (or worse) than my Paradox.  Luis individually tunes these and has mentioned before that there has been no (acoustic) changes made to Paradox' sound & tuning between Paradox serial #1 and whatever they're up to now.

Mine is #66(bought it a week or a week and a half ago) Thats just basic Paradox's though. He said he's somewhere in the hundred's if you combine the upper-tier Paradox's.

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #532 of 750
Someone has any leads for another cable, the v-moda one is starting to fall apart :frowning2: 

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #534 of 750
Yeah I know about their stress tests and unicorn made housing but I've been using it for perhaps 3 months and it holds up worst than most cables I've used. I'm quite upset by this.

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #536 of 750
I received these headphones today - I mean, the loaner headphones, I didn't buy a pair.
wink.gif
They'll be at the upcoming Denver CO meet this Saturday, along with my MrSpeakers Mad Dog 3.2. I'm looking forward to Head-Fier impressions at the meet....

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #537 of 750
Quote:
I received these headphones today - I mean, the loaner headphones, I didn't buy a pair.
wink.gif
They'll be at the upcoming Denver CO meet this Saturday, along with my MrSpeakers Mad Dog 3.2. I'm looking forward to Head-Fier impressions at the meet....

And what are your first impression about them?

On the meet I predict impressions like 'Yeah, paradox is technically better than mad dogs, but..." etc. Paradox doesn't have enough wow-effect in my opinion to be a star of such meets - all its advantages become more clear after a couple of days with them and A/B through comparison with other headphones... When I received my first pair and listened to it for the first time I thought "they sound ok", there was no instantaneous rapture. BUT when I turn back to my former HE-500 I realized that hifimans sound not right for me :))

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #538 of 750
Quote:
wink.gif

Be sure to post impressions here (or link the Denver CO thread or something :wink:)

Thanks.

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #539 of 750
If Paradox impressions from the CO meet don't get posted here (i.e. in a meet impressions thread, instead), I'll link to the relevant posts from the other thread in the index here (second post of this thread).

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #540 of 750
My Paradox arrive tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back