The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
Oct 30, 2012 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 750

FlySweep

Headphoneus Supremus
UPDATE - AUGUST, 2013

The CONUS tour is finished.  I anticipate organizing another tour after I spend some time with my Paradox.  I appreciate everyone's participation and impressions.  While the tour is over, I would love to keep the discussion going here.  I will keep the index updated with useful, relevant posts in this thread, as well as links to Paradox impressions from meets, other threads, and other sites on the web.
------
If you've heard, own(ed), or have questions about the Paradox, please feel free to post impressions, questions, reviews, etc. here, as well.  I'd like to create a centralized thread for reviews and discussion.  In the next post, I'll maintain an index of impressions, reviews, and other useful information.

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 750
So nice to see this thread! I'll get my paradox this evening, really excited about it! I'll post my initial impressions in a couple of days, if you don't mind 
smile.gif

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 750
So nice to see this thread! I'll get my paradox this evening, really excited about it! I'll post my initial impressions in a couple of days, if you don't mind 
smile.gif

That would be fantastic, remilio.

For clarification.. this thread isn't just for reviews & impressions from the tour members.. anyone who has (or has heard) the Paradox is more than welcome (and encouraged) to contribute.  I find the Paradox to be very special phones.. LFF has hand crafted a beauty and I hope more people get to hear them.

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #6 of 750
@FlySweep, how old is your Paradox? Is it the most recent revision (and thus impressions of it would be representative of the product)?

Also for any of you posting impressions or reviews, please put a good bit of focus on relative comparisons with other well-known "reference" headphones.

Anyway, I did hear a very old Paradox (one of the first made with that name in fact) a few months ago, the thing that really shocked me was the holographic 3D imaging qualities it had, despite it being perfectly isolating closed headphones. It did sound a tad dry but that's the nature of a very very neutral sound.

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #7 of 750
@FlySweep, how old is your Paradox? Is it the most recent revision (and thus impressions of it would be representative of the product)?

Also for any of you posting impressions or reviews, please put a good bit of focus on relative comparisons with other well-known "reference" headphones.

Anyway, I did hear a very old Paradox (one of the first made with that name in fact) a few months ago, the thing that really shocked me was the holographic 3D imaging qualities it had, despite it being perfectly isolating closed headphones. It did sound a tad dry but that's the nature of a very very neutral sound.

I'm not sure exactly how old it is (I'll dig out the COA and find the serial #).. but it's certainly one of the first twenty that were made.  I spoke with Luis today and he stated that since my pair was made, there has not been any changes to the tuning/sound.  Obviously, he's prettied them up with custom paint jobs, recabling, and stuff.  My Paradox have the Fischer Audio 003 pads.  Per LFF, these are the best pads (that he's found thus far) to maintain the integrity & accuracy (neutrality) of the tuning.

Most all the tour members own reference grade cans (amps, and sources), possess trusted ears, and can offer detailed comparisons (I think there's a couple of Stax owners in there as well).  I'll provide comparisons with the HE-500, HD600, and KNS8400.  Each member will have them for two weeks.. plenty of time for the 'new toy' fascination to wear off.  I trust they'll be be very honest in their assessment of the Paradox, too.

When I first heard the Paradox, the imaging ability was one of the most impressive aspects that immediately caught my attention.  On top of that, it sounds surprisingly spacious for a closed phone. While the phones are very revealing, the slightly dry tonality helps with keeping fatigue at a minimum with poorly recorded material.

I highly recommend listening to the Paradox with the ODAC+Objective 2.  Luis actually used the O2 when tuning the Paradox.. so you can expect the synergy to be good.  I don't think I've ever heard as black a background (for the money) as I heard from that rig.

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #8 of 750
Subbed.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #9 of 750
I'm very interested in this thread too.. Looking forward to some reading :D

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #10 of 750
A word to the wise.  Unlike myself.

To all new and old owners of Paradox:  DO NOT OPEN THESE HEADPHONES:  

Luis told me not to.  I was hard headed.  Before Luis offered the re cabling and custom paint job, I decided to "well you know"  get mine re cabled and painted.  So I sent them off to - "I'll call him AS for now"  I sent them off to AS to have them re cabled and custom painted as I did my BMFs.  The BMF's turned out good.  However, I got a call from AS - he said when I opened the cups on the Paradox things just broke.  I was like OMG, WTH, and any other acronym you can think of.  So we got in contact with Luis, told him what I did.  I want to make it clear this was all my fault AS was just doing a job that I paid him for - he had no idea.  

Luis the great person his is - told me to just send them back to him and hell take care of it.  Soon after that Luis made it known to the public that he was offering re cable and custom paint jobs.  I ask Luis was this because of me.  Luis replied back and said "no" this has been in the works for some time now because you was not the first and wont be the last to open the cups.  That made me fell a lot better.

I sent them back to Luis - this has been some time ago.  Happy to say they are now ready and will be shipped out to me on Friday.  

Thank you Luis for being forgiving and understanding.

The moral of the story is.  DO NOT OPEN THESE HEADPHONES 
blink.gif

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #12 of 750
Quote:
A word to the wise.  Unlike myself.

To all new and old owners of Paradox:  DO NOT OPEN THESE HEADPHONES:

Luis told me not to.  I was hard headed.  Before Luis offered the re cabling and custom paint job, I decided to "well you know"  get mine re cabled and painted.  So I sent them off to - "I'll call him AS for now"  I sent them off to AS to have them re cabled and custom painted as I did my BMFs.  The BMF's turned out good.  However, I got a call from AS - he said when I opened the cups on the Paradox things just broke.  I was like OMG, WTH, and any other acronym you can think of.  So we got in contact with Luis, told him what I did.  I want to make it clear this was all my fault AS was just doing a job that I paid him for - he had no idea.  

Luis the great person his is - told me to just send them back to him and hell take care of it.  Soon after that Luis made it known to the public that he was offering re cable and custom paint jobs.  I ask Luis was this because of me.  Luis replied back and said "no" this has been in the works for some time now because you was not the first and wont be the last to open the cups.  That made me fell a lot better.

I sent them back to Luis - this has been some time ago.  Happy to say they are now ready and will be shipped out to me on Friday.  

Thank you Luis for being forgiving and understanding.

The moral of the story is.  DO NOT OPEN THESE HEADPHONES 
blink.gif

So you're saying all Paradoxes are jerry-rigged to blow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back