Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post) - Page 47

post #691 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodeefex View Post

For those of you looking for an amp pairing, the Vali is really amazing for $120. I tried it with my ODAC, gamma2, and x-sabre and it really scales as I move up the source chain. Great value.

Nice to hear it!

post #692 of 732

Hey guys, thought I'd post this in here. My Alpha Dog vs Paradox shootout just went live

post #693 of 732
Thread Starter 

Thanks DF.. I've added it to the index.

post #694 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

Hey guys, thought I'd post this in here. My Alpha Dog vs Paradox shootout just went live

Long-awaited video comparison indeed! Thanks!

post #695 of 732

where is everybody... snowed in? Its been a month since the last post, or is there a new thread?  :P

 

watching the vid i cant help feeling that the paradox won by a whisker ...tonalityyyyyy thats a biggie..for me at least...when it comes to vocals..

 

Or should that be soundstage when i listen to classicals...the alpha takes the cake then. 

Geez...

 

 

( meanwhile my Mikros90 is in the mail... let me work that thru my setup n see if it slays the HE-6..then i will hv some$$ for any one of the above...or both :P )

post #696 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

where is everybody... snowed in? Its been a month since the last post, or is there a new thread?  :P

 

watching the vid i cant help feeling that the paradox won by a whisker ...tonalityyyyyy thats a biggie..for me at least...when it comes to vocals..

 

Or should that be soundstage when i listen to classicals...the alpha takes the cake then. 

Geez...

 

 

( meanwhile my Mikros90 is in the mail... let me work that thru my setup n see if it slays the HE-6..then i will hv some$$ for any one of the above...or both :P )


You want to talk soundstage wait until I do my 3 way shootout with the AD vs the Paradox vs the Audeze XC. The Audeze really images well

post #697 of 732
That's double///tripled the price? !
How about throwing in a Mikros90 that's mounting a resurgence..100bucks on amazon..the other end of the price spectrum tongue.gif
post #698 of 732
Thread Starter 

We're all still here, Lors.. it's been quiet cause Paradox owners are probably enjoying their cans instead of hanging out in our nerdy forum :tongue_smile:.

 

Luis actually let me hog one of his beautifully painted Paradox Slants for the past month or so.. and I absolutely LOVE how it sounds.  I'll have more thoughts up on it this weekend.  IMO, I think it's a truer upgrade (or otho version) of the 650 than the LCD-2.  It's a "fun/musical" can done right.  The custom pads Luis uses for his Paradox' (and Code-X) are simply terrific.. I want a pair on every one of my full sized phones now.  Heck, I might've hung onto the HE-500 if I had these pads!

post #699 of 732
A new custom pad? Does it fit the lcd2....ior its more he6size?
s it kiwi lamb ...what's the cost?
biggrin.gif
post #700 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

 

Luis actually let me hog one of his beautifully painted Paradox Slants for the past month or so.. and I absolutely LOVE how it sounds.

The only difference between the Slants and the original version is their pads, right? As I understand, Slants have custom made angled pads. Do they affect sound or just a comfort? 

post #701 of 732
Comfort wise, the original Paradox is one of the most comfortable I've ever worn. Can anyone post up a few pics of the Slants cups?
post #702 of 732
Thread Starter 
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

A new custom pad? Does it fit the lcd2....ior its more he6size?
s it kiwi lamb ...what's the cost?
biggrin.gif

 

I'll check with Luis..

 

Originally Posted by remilio View Post
 

The only difference between the Slants and the original version is their pads, right? As I understand, Slants have custom made angled pads. Do they affect sound or just a comfort? 

 

I believe the pads are different (the Slant's pads are angled) and.. there's a gentle tuning change that renders the Slant slightly less neutral than the original Paradox.  The Slants, when driven ably, sound remarkably open, too.

 
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Comfort wise, the original Paradox is one of the most comfortable I've ever worn. Can anyone post up a few pics of the Slants cups?

 

Yep.. the original Paradox' pads are awesome.. I love how they seal, but your ears don't get warm or sweaty.

post #703 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post
 

 

I'll check with Luis..

 

 

I believe the pads are different (the Slant's pads are angled) and.. there's a gentle tuning change that renders the Slant slightly less neutral than the original Paradox.  The Slants, when driven ably, sound remarkably open, too.

 

After speaking with Luis when I purchased the Slants, I can confirm this. The tuning change is a slight bass boost, providing some additional oomph in the lower end. Additionally, the tuning change expanded the soundstage so that it's larger than the original Paradox. Without listening to any sine sweeps and without seeing measurements, I estimate the bass boost is around 3-5 dB above neutral.

post #704 of 732

is there a pic of the slantpads in this thread? front n back fotos...anyone?

how much is it...if its not too expensive, i can imagine alot of people will be keen to get a pair for their other cans too.

post #705 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C.S. View Post
 

 

After speaking with Luis when I purchased the Slants, I can confirm this. The tuning change is a slight bass boost, providing some additional oomph in the lower end. Additionally, the tuning change expanded the soundstage so that it's larger than the original Paradox. Without listening to any sine sweeps and without seeing measurements, I estimate the bass boost is around 3-5 dB above neutral.

Well, expanded soundstage is defintily a good good. Bass boost? IMHO original version has just right amount of bass, especially when it comes to mid bass section. Slight increase in 20-30Hz area could be OK though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)