The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
May 29, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #466 of 750
Quote:
Parents should get used to it 
smile.gif
 My father was shocked at first, but I offered him to listen 
evil_smiley.gif
... And now he doensn't even ask about price - I waste my earned money for whatever I like.

my parents often say you only have 2 ears, why need multiple headphones lol... still i keep on getting 1 after the other... now im aiming higher so that means i wont be getting gears as often and my parents also complain less now so its all good lol

May 29, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #467 of 750
Quote:
wow lol, now a question for you guys, do your parents ever nag you about all the gears you buy? sorry for the derailment...

I moved to the other side of the country when I was 18 and don't keep in touch with my parents so they don't have an opportunity to nag. I think I'm at the end of my "audiophile" journey now, as I've experienced enough hyped products to finally feel some balance. Before there was this never ending hunger for better sound and now I've realized that it's probably not going to get much better than this. I'm content with my TG!334's and DX100, my Paradox and LCD-2's, O2 amp and HRT Music Streamer II DAC. I feel like I've wasted a lot of money to get to this stage but experience is the best teacher. I'm finally enjoying music like I wanted and not chasing the latest gear in the naive belief that it will blow my mind all over again.

May 29, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #468 of 750
Quote:

I moved to the other side of the country when I was 18 and don't keep in touch with my parents so they don't have an opportunity to nag. I think I'm at the end of my "audiophile" journey now, as I've experienced enough hyped products to finally feel some balance. Before there was this never ending hunger for better sound and now I've realized that it's probably not going to get much better than this. I'm content with my TG!334's and DX100, my Paradox and LCD-2's, O2 amp and HRT Music Streamer II DAC. I feel like I've wasted a lot of money to get to this stage but experience is the best teacher. I'm finally enjoying music like I wanted and not chasing the latest gear in the naive belief that it will blow my mind all over again.

thats good to hear, im glad you are close to end game. for me, i dont even know if i want to end game on headphones or iems lol... i have the dx100 though, so at least i have taken care of the dap part

May 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #472 of 750
Quote:
Quote:

wow lol, now a question for you guys, do your parents ever nag you about all the gears you buy?

Parents should get used to it 
smile.gif
 My father was shocked at first, but I offered him to listen 
evil_smiley.gif
... And now he doensn't even ask about price - I waste my earned money for whatever I like.

Same.
Quote:
Quote:
I see, hey I'm 21, nice to see I'm not the only younger ones here killing my wallet lol

19 year old reporting in.
smily_headphones1.gif

14 year old here.

May 29, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #476 of 750
Quote:
I'm still working on it. Don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet...

I want to make sure that they are sounding the best they can with what I have in mind.

Sooo... Luis, can you tell us if this new one will be closed-back or open back??!? :wink:

Also, did you get to post the pics of the other "colors" for the Paradox?
(I haven't visited your store page in a while).

Thanks.

May 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #479 of 750
Just wanted to throw up some quick impressions from my audition.  First off, a big thank you to Flysweep for the opportunity to have a listen.  

Fit and comfort:  I found the Paradox to be very comfortable.  The headband and ear pads are very supple and the headphones were light and the weight did not fatigue me one bit.  A+ on comfort.  

Sound impressions were very positive for me.  I tend to get into a lot of the FOTM gear and do not get to listen to something like the Paradox very often.  The closet headphone I can compare it to was the T70P I owned.  The main difference was that the treble region on the Paradox was cleaner without the fatigue that the Beyers possess.  Treble reminded me of the RE272 which I find to this day one of the best I've heard.  Midrange was also something special on the Paradox.  Vocals sounded clean and very smooth.  The treble and midrange to me is simply fantastic and I wouldn't change a thing.  Bass also is very good but there wasn't enough for EDM and hip hop.  I felt that it hit in the lower octaves but it needed a little more quantity.  All other genres of music I tested worked very well with the bass.  Overall, this is a fine sounding headphone and in my book, it's a reference sounding headphone.  

Also, I found that the O2 and ODAC sounded best with what I have but everything else from DragonFly, DX100, Studio V 3rd, Audinst MX2 all drove it fine and sounded quite good.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back