The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
May 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #451 of 750
+1  

Would be an interesting review with the Millenia. Looking forward to it!  I wonder if you wouldn't need any resistor network with the HE-6. 

I hear ya in terms of not bothering Jan. I can't tell you how many emails and phone calls happened before I even purchased the amp. My assumption is that he'd want things to be working out for you. But whether you contact him or not is of course up to you. 

May 25, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #452 of 750
I wondered the same and I asked Jan if I could damage the Millenia not using the resistor network. As his answer was positive (after a couple of emails because he did not agree that it should sound better) I will try with and without it.

I already interchanged lots of mails with Jan and I will send him more, but only when I receive he HE-6 that should arrive before the Paradox. I did not want to bother him much when I am still using/testing with headphones that I do not intent to use with the Millenia. The flood of mails will come...  :)

Cheers

May 25, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #453 of 750
Understood.

Sounds like a plan. 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #456 of 750
Yep 
smile.gif

If LFF's future headphone will not be a clear upgrade, of course 
biggrin.gif

Nice I have the stock t50rp, used to dislike the sound but yesterday I listened to it again with my dx100 for the first time and it sounded really good imo and it doesn't have the harshness of my Sony z1000 or Beyer dt990. I can only imagine the paradox and the mad dog to be a lot better :)

May 27, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #459 of 750
Is there anyone on here that has the paradox as his end game can?

Yes, its my end game headphones. I haven't heard a better full sized headphone than the Paradox.

My Review:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633956/the-t50rp-paradox-reviews-discussion-mini-tour-impressions-index-in-second-post/405#post_9421543

May 27, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #460 of 750
Yes, its my end game headphones. I haven't heard a better full sized headphone than the Paradox.

My Review:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633956/the-t50rp-paradox-reviews-discussion-mini-tour-impressions-index-in-second-post/405#post_9421543

Aight will check it out, will post back if I have questions

Edit: already read it before actually and just reread it, nice review though I hope you would be able to compare it more with the stock t50rp sound too since I personally have the stock t50rp, so it would be easier for me to guess how the paradox sounds like. Nonetheless nice writeup

May 29, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #461 of 750
Never got to audition the lcd2 but isn't it a bit treble shy and overall dark and smooth sounding? I'm just basing it on what I read since I have never listened to it

The LCD-2's technically are but maybe because I'm young (22) I don't find the dark sound signature as lacking. It sounds quite natural bar the peakiness in the treble which will emphasize different things in the mix and slightly mask others.

In terms of treble, I prefer the Paradox. In terms of bass, Audeze is still where its at for me.

May 29, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #462 of 750
The LCD-2's technically are but maybe because I'm young (22) I don't find the dark sound signature as lacking. It sounds quite natural bar the peakiness in the treble which will emphasize different things in the mix and slightly mask others.

In terms of treble, I prefer the Paradox. In terms of bass, Audeze is still where its at for me.

I see, hey I'm 21, nice to see I'm not the only younger ones here killing my wallet lol

May 29, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #465 of 750
Quote:

wow lol, now a question for you guys, do your parents ever nag you about all the gears you buy?

Parents should get used to it 
smile.gif
 My father was shocked at first, but I offered him to listen 
evil_smiley.gif
... And now he doensn't even ask about price - I waste my earned money for whatever I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back