The Stax thread
Feb 16, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #2,626 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by JecklinStax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, thanks a lot, Krmathis. It really hurts, but then I couldn't keep myself from asking for it. Now I'll pump up the bass on my amp and pretend my SR-X is an Omega
basshead.gif

I agree with Krmathis too regarding the SR-X vs Omega II. The Omega II outright better. With a bit of EQ though the SR-X is still very capable and is not embarased in the comparison. If I had to give up my Omega IIs forever tomorrow I would be very upset, but my SR-X Mk3 would certainly blunt the pain substantially.

Feb 17, 2007 at 11:52 AM Post #2,627 of 2,694
Okay, so I've finally stopped being lazy and started a new thread. Here's the link:

The Stax thread (New)

If a moderator happens to be reading this, could you please lock this thread? It'll stop confusion caused by someone posting in this thread rather than the active one.

See you all in the new thread.

Feb 18, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #2,628 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, so I've finally stopped being lazy and started a new thread. Here's the link:

The Stax thread (New)

If a moderator happens to be reading this, could you please lock this thread? It'll stop confusion caused by someone posting in this thread rather than the active one.

See you all in the new thread.

Not been locked so far!

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #2,630 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slackers
tongue.gif

Hmm.

My prediction is that in 10 years or so, people will realize that the new thread, while quite good in many ways, fails to capture some of the magic represented by the old, discontinued and no longer serviced and "locked" thread. There will be those who praise the vibrancy of the old thread, and newcomers to the new thread will be amazed and wonder about the life that the old thread offers.

The value of the old thread will rise - there will be noticeable appreciation on ebay. People will revisit the old posts and enjoy what had once been lost.

Scammers on ebay will claim to have 100% NOS posts from the old thread. There will be those who call for an unlocking of the old thread, so that people could enjoy again, at non-inflated prices, what the old thread had to offer.

And when finally, as new head-fi'ers are enjoying posts that are older than they are, there will be a reappreciation for the new thread - perhaps there will be new internet browsers that truly show the potential that the new posts have. And all will be good in the world, as those who wish can try and access the old thread, and the current offerings in the new thread will be enjoyed by all.

biggrin.gif

Best regards,

-Jason

Feb 18, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #2,631 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm.

My prediction is that in 10 years or so, people will realize that the new thread, while quite good in many ways, fails to capture some of the magic represented by the old, discontinued and no longer serviced and "locked" thread. There will be those who praise the vibrancy of the old thread, and newcomers to the new thread will be amazed and wonder about the life that the old thread offers.

The value of the old thread will rise - there will be noticeable appreciation on ebay. People will revisit the old posts and enjoy what had once been lost.

Scammers on ebay will claim to have 100% NOS posts from the old thread. There will be those who call for an unlocking of the old thread, so that people could enjoy again, at non-inflated prices, what the old thread had to offer.

And when finally, as new head-fi'ers are enjoying posts that are older than they are, there will be a reappreciation for the new thread - perhaps there will be new internet browsers that truly show the potential that the new posts have. And all will be good in the world, as those who wish can try and access the old thread, and the current offerings in the new thread will be enjoyed by all.

biggrin.gif

Best regards,

-Jason

Priceless.
I'm gonna have that printed and framed
icon10.gif

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #2,632 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrstein /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm actually looking for one right now. If I find one, we can compare notes. Or, if you plan to sell yours please let me know!

eBay is your friend!
wink.gif

There is actually an ED-1 for sale there at the moment. And if you really want one it has a "Buy It Now" price as well.

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #2,633 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm.

biggrin.gif

Best regards,

-Jason

praise our old wise man
tongue.gif

oh lord moderator please move this thread to where it belong,
so that the goodness of this vintage thread can be once again
be enjoyed by our young seeker of the truth

May 17, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #2,638 of 2,694
Has anyone tried using a McIntosh Labs MX 135 Preamp with a SRM007t or a SRM007ta while utilizing some of the Stax Pro Heaphones.  I recently did this and have found improved results in sound quality.  I will report further about my improved listening experience at a later date.  Scottsmrnyc

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #2,640 of 2,694
I would say that they are more of a tease than a "good" starting point. They will give you an idea of what stax "could" sound like. But they are not good enough to say whether or not you would like the full electrostatic sound. They are ok sounding though, but the vintage lambdas are a good starting point, and may be good enough to even stop there. But if your looking to spending the least amount possible to test the waters, then they might be a good bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back