The Stax thread
Aug 8, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #2,671 of 2,694
STAX new product--SR-507 will come in September!
smily_headphones1.gif

Here are some pics  (amp is SRM-600LTD)
and the last pic shows the MSRP will be around USD 1200

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #2,675 of 2,694

Quote:
Just realized it is not the new thread, why this hasn't been locked yet? 
confused_face_2.gif

Or even better merged with the The Stax thread (New) one. As the bug leading to the new thread had to be started was resolved some three years back.

Oct 1, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #2,676 of 2,694
I would reactivate this thread :wink:
Does anyone have experience with the Stax Lambda Classic Pro and amplifier SRD-7 Professional? Can this set be recommended?
I'm thinking about buying this set in good used condition. It should cost $ 300.
He came on the market in 1992, is about 30 years old. It's still a lot of money for such an old part, but the sound should be great. Only, what if he is broken? Is it easy to fix? Are there any spare parts in the market?
I've had a SR60 before. He was also very good.
But I think that the Stax Lambda Classic Pro is a number better?

Dec 22, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #2,677 of 2,694
I would reactivate this thread :wink:
Does anyone have experience with the Stax Lambda Classic Pro and amplifier SRD-7 Professional? Can this set be recommended?
I'm thinking about buying this set in good used condition. It should cost $ 300.
He came on the market in 1992, is about 30 years old. It's still a lot of money for such an old part, but the sound should be great. Only, what if he is broken? Is it easy to fix? Are there any spare parts in the market?
I've had a SR60 before. He was also very good.
But I think that the Stax Lambda Classic Pro is a number better?
Indeed :wink:

Oct 18, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #2,678 of 2,694
Any opinions on SR-Alpha Pro? How does it compare to Lambdas?

Oct 18, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #2,679 of 2,694
Does anyone know how to replace a cable on the old Lambda series? I think my bias cabling got bent too much and is cutting out signal unless I position the cables very specifically (the volume just gets reduced; the actual audio signal sounds fine).

I know there's screws on the metal plate that holds the earpads, but I'm not sure about the actual soldered sections where the cables are.

Oct 6, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #2,680 of 2,694
Hello! This is a perennial question but the answers have changed... I have a pair of Stax SR-202 with one intermittent channel. I changed to the other output jack on my SRM-T1W but the symptoms are unchanged. The issue is extremely sensitive to the position of the rightmost cable where it enters the headphone; nothing else seems to matter. I can solder but I'm a but wary of tearing into these things. I tried the link in earlier threads to a person who repaired electrostatics, but that link does not work. So, if anyone can please recommend a repair place, preferably in the western USA, I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #2,681 of 2,694
Mar 13, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #2,682 of 2,694
Quick question for those in the know: I bought a pair of SR-Lambdas a while ago, both drivers sound fine with no imbalance but the previous owner shortened and resoldered the cable, and now the left side is intermittently going out (whiggling the cable brings it back but it's getting worse). How hard is it to open and resolder for someone with basic soldering skills (enough for a few DIY projects some years ago)? Anything I should be careful about, apart from the cruddy foam which I'll clean out once I open them.

PS - I really love the lambdas and my SR-5, any suggestions on what other normal bias models to look for? SR-5 gold? My wallet is trying to delay my switch to pro bias for as long as possible...

Mar 13, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #2,683 of 2,694
It's no problem to open a Lambdas. Just unscrew the 4 screws in the corners under the pads. You even don't have to remove the whole pad.
Just don't touch the dustcovers of the drivers!

Mar 15, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #2,684 of 2,694
Second SR-Lambda question in a matter of days.

I received a new pair I bought very cheap locally (100 euros), and the previous owner had replaced the plug (and SRD-6 socket) with a 5-pin XLR.... Listening to the phones, both drivers sound fine with zero imbalance, but sound was a bit off, so I did a left/right test: they are cabled in mono....

So now I need a Stax normal bias plug and wiring diagram: anyone knows where to source one?

What is up with Italian audiophiles and Lambdas, I don't know: my other pair had left/right channels swapped, this one was reterminated to mono. It's almost like they were actively trying to harm any Stax headphone passing through their hands...

PXL_20230315_121303903.jpg

Mar 15, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #2,685 of 2,694

Users who are viewing this thread

Back