The Stax Thread III
Oct 26, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #16,531 of 25,541
Whatttt ? Lol that is for 009S ? Woaaa.

Does that means you advices to call up your distributors or dealers and let them buy in that you are using it with Stax amp ? :wink:

surely it can not be a cheap repair, the price refers to a pair of drivers for 009, not 009s, unfortunately both channels are dead.
The Stax did not ask what was the amplifier used, but only because the 009 were not under warranty.

Oct 26, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #16,532 of 25,541
surely it can not be a cheap repair, the price refers to a pair of drivers for 009, not 009s, unfortunately both channels are dead.
The Stax did not ask what was the amplifier used, but only because the 009 were not under warranty.

If you are willing to DIY, repairing the headphones isn't that difficult.

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #16,534 of 25,541
People are not serious about Stax enough, not only the headphones itself, but the amplifier and then the DAC and the Source of transport :D. I have disappeared because I am loving my Stax rig too much! A little more than Too too much!

I am sorry to hear this, and this is 009S and not regular one ? I am lucky to have my 009S healthy out of the box.

I think Woo is on the unknown-unsafe list of thing as far as Stax direction is ? I could be wrong, but I think since last years Stax has officially announced that if any Stax headphones is damaged by 3rd party amp (unknown-unsafe), will not fall in the warranties conditions

you caught my naming error........i was using 009s as the plural of 009 (as in headphones, plural) and forgot there was an animal called 009s.........oops
i went back and changed/fixed the original post

I am not using a Woo amp, but wondering if they were an authorized repair facility for Stax.
as for warranty, i am long out of warranty period so that is not an issue.

i will try some of the solutions suggested for dust/etc and see if that helps.
there is NO channel imbalance at all, just occasional intermittent static and crackling/distortion.
sometimes I tap it or move the phones and it goes away and bliss returns

keeping my fingers crossed as I love the sound of 009/BHSE.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #16,537 of 25,541
repairing the headphones is not my game, having a carbon and now the srm dm10, I think I sleep peacefully ...

What do u think of the D10?

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #16,538 of 25,541
What do u think of the D10?

has incredible, grainy superfine, reconstruction headstage very wide, a nice low range and an excellent output volume, at hour 12 the volume is already very high, certainly in combo with Hugo2 using a Audioquest cable 30€, does not disfigure near the combo Merging Nadac + Carbon, if I think only the Acrolink xlr cable costs as much as the srm d10, I can really think wrong

Oct 30, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #16,541 of 25,541
I saw someone fixed his faulty driver by taking the diaphragm out and wash it under running water. That 009 is once sent back for dust-cleaning but imbalance still persist. So cleaning the driver yourself is really something feasible.
remember that thread, he actually just cleaned the dust cover. pretty surprising he didn't destroy it. It is not easy to clean the driver at all (unless you know what you're doing of course)

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #16,542 of 25,541
remember that thread, he actually just cleaned the dust cover. pretty surprising he didn't destroy it. It is not easy to clean the driver at all (unless you know what you're doing of course)
I saw him posting pictures of the actual smooth, uniform diaphragm , not the wrinkled , semi-transparent dust cover , perhaps he didn't post it on head-fi , or maybe more than one person that are doing the same......

Oct 31, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #16,543 of 25,541
What is the current warranty period in the EU for Stax headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back