1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Stax Thread III

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by currawong, Aug 20, 2013.
Tags:
  1. Rhamnetin
    It's not scary, you just have to be open minded and willing to have some of your illusions shattered by some shocking truths with actual facts to back them up. Oh and it's not the place to go seeking recommendations (do that here), they only want to discuss technical aspects of Stax related products and some high end headphone amps. Very insightful place.

2. Jones Bob
    Agreed. Leave your ego and audio misconceptions behind, lurk for awhile before asking a considered on topic question and one can learn a lot there.

billqs and Thaudiophile like this.
  3. SeaWo|f
    Oh yea and the stax extension cables are totally non micro phonic. I have the long one to reach the chairs in the back of my office and when walking from there to my computer and back while dragging the thing on carpet, no problem. Funny how so many high-end cable brands have issues with this..

Zoide likes this.
  4. PointyFox
    Anyone know why the ear well on the Omega 2 pads seems to be designed to face with the flat part against the curved part of the ear and the curved part near the flat part of the ear?

I.e.:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  5. Jones Bob
    The pads are thin in the front, and quite thick in the back.

With the back of the ear pad filled in behind the ear (in your first drawing) it helps in minimizing the total air volume.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  6. 336881
    It would not be so bad if they had a clear and concise welcome message. They did not know their own welcome message years ago and I'm very confident that they still don't. They also break their own welcome message rules all the time so their is zero point in lurking. I lurked for two whole years before I posted. Did not do me any good. They also gang up on new members and can not fight their own battles. Seriously cowardly. The biggest bunch of audio cowards I have ever met by a long shot.

7. SeaWo|f
    I had no idea any of these places have welcome messages. I also never bother to lurk, but I have rather thick skin. Honestly I hate the idea of safe spaces. This PC nonsense will be the death of western society.

+1

The management of this space is the most under reported part of headphones covered by reviewers and probably the least understood by the community. From a 2 channel perspective this is your room. Now look up that topic in that community.. It's covered ad nauseam.

I am not a headphone designer so I admit I have little understanding of it other than doing it right can make or break a product.

Jones Bob likes this.
  8. PointyFox
    I get it that you want thin in front and thick in back, but if that is the case, why does the 'D' shape seem to be backwards?

Zoide likes this.
  9. Whitigir
    Now, I found the excuse for why I should have mid-Fi beside my Stax...I could gone numb at how good Stax and T2 sounds like and that I no longer feel to appreciate. Only until I listen to mid-tier for a bit and get back at Stax :D....LOL

What an evil hobby

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Jones Bob, Rhamnetin and Mozartaudio like this.
  10. Mozartaudio
    Hi, I just got the new Stax SRM D10. I was looking for the battery capacity and I didn't seem to find it, I am wondering how long does the battery last and what is it's capacity.

11. miko64
    3.5-4.5h duration

Mozartaudio likes this.
  12. biscottino
    I play for 5 hour with Line in, I have not tested well with usb input yet.

Mozartaudio likes this.
  13. thekong
    Dear All, may I ask if you keep the amp on 24/7 to constantly charge the Stax headphone?

If that is not necessary, then how long would it take for the Stax to reach optimal performance after you turn on the amp?

Thanks!

Zoide likes this.
  14. PointyFox
    Charging is nearly instantaneous. Optimal performance would be when the capacitors are fully charged, which typically takes a second or two.

15. Velomane
    With Black Friday around the corner, I'm inclined to ask about the odds of there being any deals on the new 009S. Would a 20% off deal be possible? Does Stax ever go on deal?