The Stax Thread III
Nov 2, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #16,561 of 25,425
I know, right!? That's why Head-Case is such a scary place...

It's not scary, you just have to be open minded and willing to have some of your illusions shattered by some shocking truths with actual facts to back them up. Oh and it's not the place to go seeking recommendations (do that here), they only want to discuss technical aspects of Stax related products and some high end headphone amps. Very insightful place.

Nov 2, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #16,562 of 25,425
It's not scary, you just have to be open minded and willing to have some of your illusions shattered by some shocking truths with actual facts to back them up. Oh and it's not the place to go seeking recommendations (do that here), they only want to discuss technical aspects of Stax related products and some high end headphone amps. Very insightful place.

Agreed. Leave your ego and audio misconceptions behind, lurk for awhile before asking a considered on topic question and one can learn a lot there.

Nov 2, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #16,563 of 25,425
Oh yea and the stax extension cables are totally non micro phonic. I have the long one to reach the chairs in the back of my office and when walking from there to my computer and back while dragging the thing on carpet, no problem. Funny how so many high-end cable brands have issues with this..

Nov 2, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #16,564 of 25,425
Anyone know why the ear well on the Omega 2 pads seems to be designed to face with the flat part against the curved part of the ear and the curved part near the flat part of the ear?

I.e.:

pqIHXDp.png

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #16,565 of 25,425
The pads are thin in the front, and quite thick in the back.

With the back of the ear pad filled in behind the ear (in your first drawing) it helps in minimizing the total air volume.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #16,566 of 25,425
It is good, so that clueless people knows to step back. The majority of time, clueless people are ignorant with super high Ego. So, once their Ego is touched, they will back out, which is why they are clueless. The wiser people usually put their Ego aside, and keep heading on the right directions, the knowledge that they aim to achieve.

Being grumpy is a good way to collectively direct wise people to Stax :wink:

It would not be so bad if they had a clear and concise welcome message. They did not know their own welcome message years ago and I'm very confident that they still don't. They also break their own welcome message rules all the time so their is zero point in lurking. I lurked for two whole years before I posted. Did not do me any good. They also gang up on new members and can not fight their own battles. Seriously cowardly. The biggest bunch of audio cowards I have ever met by a long shot.

Nov 4, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #16,567 of 25,425
I had no idea any of these places have welcome messages. I also never bother to lurk, but I have rather thick skin. Honestly I hate the idea of safe spaces. This PC nonsense will be the death of western society.

The pads are thin in the front, and quite thick in the back.

With the back of the ear pad filled in behind the ear (in your first drawing) it helps in minimizing the total air volume.

+1

The management of this space is the most under reported part of headphones covered by reviewers and probably the least understood by the community. From a 2 channel perspective this is your room. Now look up that topic in that community.. It's covered ad nauseam.

I am not a headphone designer so I admit I have little understanding of it other than doing it right can make or break a product.

Nov 4, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #16,569 of 25,425
Now, I found the excuse for why I should have mid-Fi beside my Stax...I could gone numb at how good Stax and T2 sounds like and that I no longer feel to appreciate. Only until I listen to mid-tier for a bit and get back at Stax :D....LOL

What an evil hobby

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #16,570 of 25,425
Hi, I just got the new Stax SRM D10. I was looking for the battery capacity and I didn't seem to find it, I am wondering how long does the battery last and what is it's capacity.

Nov 4, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #16,571 of 25,425
Hi, I just got the new Stax SRM D10. I was looking for the battery capacity and I didn't seem to find it, I am wondering how long does the battery last and what is it's capacity.
3.5-4.5h duration

Nov 5, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #16,574 of 25,425
Dear All, may I ask if you keep the amp on 24/7 to constantly charge the Stax headphone?

If that is not necessary, then how long would it take for the Stax to reach optimal performance after you turn on the amp?

Thanks!

Charging is nearly instantaneous. Optimal performance would be when the capacitors are fully charged, which typically takes a second or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back