The Stax SR-507 Thread
Oct 27, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #286 of 361
  Just got an email from Airbow in Japanese. So I tried google translation, but unfortunately I still can't really understand what are they trying to say:

Sorry would be multiplied by the worry.

SC- SR21 But I was able to finish the last diaphragm replacement.
Today, so that we can ship tomorrow and I think that it can deliver.

This time does not apologize.
This situation is conventional, the diaphragm and has had been working to integrate the headphone unit in the cryo process incorporating the headphones have occurred a phenomenon that abnormal sound occurs below.

Had been suffering from the delivery date to work to determine the cause whether such things that would take place during a certain thing or cryo treatment failure improvement to the original vibration plate.

What you want to send it to complete this summary it is proposed that there are no and do therefore first problem to choose the ones with no abnormality is carefully selected a vibration plate.
Excuse me Once I arrived, but I think you'll confirm.

Sorry Thank you or not it would be multiplied by the great inconvenience and worry in any event.
Apologize.

Also Please tell us If you have any any questions future .
Humbly thank you.

Take a look at PriceJapan's reply on my case:

Their explanation on Airbow repair:

His saying can be summarized that he changed almost all of parts, and did all thing they can do.

Please note that we can do our role as a middleman.
Please do not expect us Superman's role.
It may be endless game of the same process.

My reply to them:

base on your email and supplier explanation, I conclude that there is nothing that can be done further. So, I woud like to request for a full refund. I will pay for the shipment of the headphone back to you, considering my losses of payment 3 shipments for the repair freight charges.

I hope you understand my situation and would appreciate if you can honour this suggestion.

Finally, look at their reply :

Please note that we can do our role as a middleman. Please do not expect us Superman's role such as refund.
Though your trouble is ongoing, we have done our best as a middleman's role.
If you ask us to do superman's role, we will not reply any more.

Kaneda

I have never even thought that Japanese business is so ridiculous. I am really running out of options on how to deal with them. This is an expensive lesson learnt. If you even need to buy from them, think twice again.

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #287 of 361
Was the shipping insured? Maybe it can be blamed on shipping damage? Else, if you can't return them, nor listen to them, the headphones are without value, so you might as well open them up and see if you can fix it yourself. Or maybe you can contact Spritzer, who might be interested in the set, even if they're broken, or especially if they're broken... (don't know)

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #288 of 361

[COLOR=222222]His saying can be summarized that he changed almost all of parts, and did all thing they can do.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Please note that we can do our role as a middleman.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Please do not expect us Superman's role.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]It may be endless game of the same process.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]My reply to them:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]
[COLOR=222222]base on your email and supplier explanation, I conclude that there is nothing that can be done further. So, I woud like to request for a full refund. I will pay for the shipment of the headphone back to you, considering my losses of payment 3 shipments for the repair freight charges.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]I hope you understand my situation and would appreciate if you can honour this suggestion.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Finally, look at their reply :[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222][COLOR=500050]Please note that we can do our role as a middleman.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Please do not expect us Superman's role such as refund.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Though your trouble is ongoing, we have done our best as a middleman's role.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]If you ask us to do superman's role, we will not reply any more.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Kaneda[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

I have never even thought that Japanese business is so ridiculous. I am really running out of options on how to deal with them. This is an expensive lesson learnt. If you even need to buy from them, think twice again.

It doesn't sound like they are saying that they will not help you,just that they are not in the business of refunding purchases. Not sure what airbow is saying, but it seems they are willing to repair if there are still problems. I get it though, the shipping back and forth can add up, and diminish your savings in going through PJ in the first place. But don't expect a refund from PJ under any circumstances.

Oct 28, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #289 of 361

His saying can be summarized that he changed almost all of parts, and did all thing they can do.

Please note that we can do our role as a middleman.
Please do not expect us Superman's role.
It may be endless game of the same process.

My reply to them:

base on your email and supplier explanation, I conclude that there is nothing that can be done further. So, I woud like to request for a full refund. I will pay for the shipment of the headphone back to you, considering my losses of payment 3 shipments for the repair freight charges.

I hope you understand my situation and would appreciate if you can honour this suggestion.

Finally, look at their reply :

Please note that we can do our role as a middleman. Please do not expect us Superman's role such as refund.
Though your trouble is ongoing, we have done our best as a middleman's role.
If you ask us to do superman's role, we will not reply any more.

Kaneda

And finally PriceJapan reply to me when I asked them, what options do dI have:

no suggestion, sorry.
it may be endless game of the shipping back and forth.

Kaneda
www.pricejapan.com

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #290 of 361
I also think this is more like Airbow's problem than pricejapan's. If Airbow is so unreliable, the good way to buy is go there, try it and buy. Same goes with the Stax imbalance issues. These stories are indeed helpful for the rest of us, and I only hope that the manufacturers take notice. Thank you and sorry for the bad luck.

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #293 of 361
Something just occured to me, okw3188. Are you familiar with the infamous 'Stax fart'? Can you describe the problem with your headphones in more detail? You mentioned distortion in the left channel. Is it continuous, or a sudden loud crackling noise? Can you invoke the distortion by moving your head in certain ways? Could the harmless Stax fart be your problem?

I was wondering, because I have got a 507 since a week and have been listening to it extensively. I noticed it has the tendency to 'fart' more than my other Staxen. Maybe it's due to the new arc or the leather earpads. The new arc works really well for me by the way; I find it a better fit and less loose than the normal Lambda arc. I always found Lambdas a bit loose on my head, but now with the new arc set to the smallest size, the headphones are more stable and I think there's also a better seal as pointed out by the increased farting. It's comfy too.

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #294 of 361
  Something just occured to me, okw3188. Are you familiar with the infamous 'Stax fart'? Can you describe the problem with your headphones in more detail? You mentioned distortion in the left channel. Is it continuous, or a sudden loud crackling noise? Can you invoke the distortion by moving your head in certain ways? Could the harmless Stax fart be your problem?

I was wondering, because I have got a 507 since a week and have been listening to it extensively. I noticed it has the tendency to 'fart' more than my other Staxen. Maybe it's due to the new arc or the leather earpads. The new arc works really well for me by the way; I find it a better fit and less loose than the normal Lambda arc. I always found Lambdas a bit loose on my head, but now with the new arc set to the smallest size, the headphones are more stable and I think there's also a better seal as pointed out by the increased farting. It's comfy too.

Wow, you may be right. The distortion is only heard when volume is passed 50% on the knob and only for low frequency. When I turn my head over sideways, the sound level will vary in loudness too. I ended up with blowing some air from the outside of the headphone with an air bulb and the problem can be temporarily solved. Is it the same for you?

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #295 of 361
maybe a dustcover issue? doesn't sound like the stax fart the way you just described it. the fart is like a crinkly/crackly noise the headphones will make even when not plugged in. the best way to demonstrate it is to put pressure on the them while they are on your ears and release - repeat so you get a sense of the sound. you should send them back and hope for the best.it sounded like airbow will make efforts to repair them. best of luck on sorting this out as it sure must be frustrating.

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #296 of 361
  maybe a dustcover issue? doesn't sound like the stax fart the way you just described it. the fart is like a crinkly/crackly noise the headphones will make even when not plugged in. the best way to demonstrate it is to put pressure on the them while they are on your ears and release - repeat so you get a sense of the sound. you should send them back and hope for the best.it sounded like airbow will make efforts to repair them. best of luck on sorting this out as it sure must be frustrating.

yes, sometimes the variation of sound level can be solved when I lift it up from my ears, but still very inconsistent.

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #297 of 361
The fart comes with the seal.
When I take my SR-009, pads are cold and not completely sealed, so no fart at all.
Since I'm shaving the (very) few hairs remaining on my head, the seal is sucker-like when pads are warm. And a very slight movement may produce the fart.
No fart with my SR-Lambda, but the driver frame looks completely different on SR-507.

Ali

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #298 of 361
Subbed.

popcorn.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #299 of 361
Subbed also 
popcorn.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #300 of 361
Update on my faulty SC-21 : it is indeed sad, that I have to say the repair done is not going to be any good. I pick a pair of SR-507 and my amp, it just sings away with the music. I have written to PriceJapan to request for another repair session, let's see if they even bother to reply me. For those whom have plans to buy stuff from them, my advice:

Their price may be cheap, comparing to your local dealer, but once you have repair to be done, they will switch their business mode and act as a "middle man". And my experience is indeed a painful lesson to be learnt, both time & money spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back