The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
May 21, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #5,131 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by sling5s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on the conversation. I had to push to gain some info. Senn. USA was very reluctant to say anything specific. But the impression I got was that the initial batch should be what each dealer pre-ordered.
He did say that Headroom being one of the first dealers to pre-order should get theirs first according to what is alloted them. My guess is that it's more than "few" headphones but a "batch".

Means nothing to me until my pair arrives in the mail.

May 21, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #5,132 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't catch every word in the brief meeting as I was too busy checking out the phone but I'm certain it's in the hundreds; not a few pieces.

It's my 1st contact with the actual phone and it certainly feels comfortable and look gorgeous, esp the translucent metal foil around the ear. Unfortunately i did not get to audition it.

What is the new earpad material?

May 21, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #5,133 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the new earpad material?

Looks like a cellulose aka..Grado pad if you squint at the photo Jude took.

May 21, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #5,134 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice. I'm glad to be #7 on their pre-order list.
very_evil_smiley.gif

a batch is like a few..two or more LOL
tongue_smile.gif

May 21, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #5,137 of 5,928
Quote:

I think people are overlooking the part that an initial batch has been shipped and is on it's way.

Shipped on a freighter that ran afoul of Somali pirates and is being held for ransom and.......

May 21, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #5,138 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a batch is like a few..two or more LOL
tongue_smile.gif

Batch is a quantity produced at one time. At least that's what my dictionary says.

May 21, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #5,139 of 5,928
Quote:

Batch is a quantity produced at one time. At least that's what my dictionary says.

You actually looked it up? Your taking yourself way to serious!

May 21, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #5,140 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shipped on a freighter that ran afoul of Somali pirates and is being held for ransom and.......

At this point, it's probably best to stay positive.
wink.gif
Sennheiser screwed the pooch on this one, especially in the communications department. Perhaps though they will redeem themselves when we will soon find ourselves immersed in sensory bliss.

May 21, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #5,141 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this point, it's probably best to stay positive.
wink.gif
Sennheiser screwed the pooch on this one, especially in the communications department. Perhaps though they will redeem themselves when we will soon find ourselves immersed in sensory bliss.

I have waited (as others have) for six years or more for a Dynamic Statement from Sennheiser. I ordered (again as many others) in January of this year and have been disappointed by the push-backs but it's not the end of existence. They will be in our hot little hands before we know it. I'm so at the CanJam first and foremost just to hear for myself, on top-flight gear, just what the phone might be capable of.

I have a running joke with Todd (TTJV) that I'm the reason for the delays.
I forecasted in February that it would be May for release (past experience in roll outs led me to be skeptic). My last conversation with Todd, I told him June much to his disgrace (it's a running joke don't forget). But in nine days all will be forgiven (I hope) as the sound quality will justify the delay (I just want them to get it right).

May 21, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #5,145 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In ship (and BBC) talk - red is for left and green is for right.
icon10.gif

But in consumer electronics, red is right.

Uhmmm... Well I'm a bit embarrassed actually. John is right.... I was thinking of ships when seeing them from afar in a traffic situation. Really need to get sealing some more often I guess. Any who my statement about the HD 800 still holds water - just rechecked with my multi tool.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back