The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Mar 23, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #3,991 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
40 hours eh? Did you ask him what was in his pipe? I assume he was smoking a pipe while he said this. Either that or he's simply lying to his customers in which case i wouldnt go there again.

It takes 45 minutes to assemble one from scratch to finish.

Yeah I'd seen that site/review before. I knew it was 45 minutes.
tongue_smile.gif

I just wondered why he said that. I didn't get the impression that he was receiving much information from Sennheiser.

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #3,995 of 5,928
Sennheiser asia is willing to invite me to the exclusive launch party of HD800 in May.

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #3,996 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcg533 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
everyones saying these headphones are perfect but i bet if i play some hip hop with bass in they theyll sound distorted no matter what amp you got hooked up to it

Hi Bigcg533..

They wont be distorted (within reason - as long as you amp is not distorting).

I found the HD800 to deliver all the bass needed for Hip Hop. Just don't expect it to be Ed9 or D7000 pressure levels. I do think it will be the best bass from an open phone. It certainly is not a hip hop fans first choice phone though. I'm sure Akon vocals will be pure and perfect; I just didn't bother to listen to any Akon during my HD800 demo!

Regards

Sceptre

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #3,997 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you play badly recorded hip hop on these state of the art headphones? It doesn't make sense.

Hip Hop does not mean badly recorded. Listen to an Outkast album or some recent Timberlake to hear how much time and energy is being spent on these recordings.

Don't dis a genre just because you don't understand it. Such comments say more about you than the music.

Sceptre

Mar 23, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #3,998 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hip Hop does not mean badly recorded. Listen to an Outkast album or some recent Timberlake to hear how much time and energy is being spent on these recordings.

Don't dis a genre just because you don't understand it. Such comments say more about you than the music.

Sceptre

I like hip hop and think most of it is badly recorded. You assume too much. Timberlake is not hip hip btw. Sceptre = self pwnt.

Mar 23, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #3,999 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean just some pic of her with HD800? I am afraid with mere $1400 doesn't even cover cost of a tissue used by her lol!
eek.gif

Scarlett Johansson Sells Used Tissue for $5,300 on eBay - Associated Content

To meet her briefly the cost is...

Scarlett Johansson eBay Update: Highest Bidder Wins Actress for $40,100 | Movie Crunch

Celebrity Gossip | Date with Scarlett Johansson sold on eBay for £20,000 | Orange UK

And everybody is complaining about a mere 1400 quit for something that has 3 years of development to it.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #4,001 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcg533 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
everyones saying these headphones are perfect but i bet if i play some hip hop with bass in they theyll sound distorted no matter what amp you got hooked up to it

OR...you could take all your hip-hop CD's and put them in a box. Then quietly and carefully drop the box in a dumpster somewhere...problem solved!
o2smile.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #4,002 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And everybody is complaining about a mere 1400 quit for something that has 3 years of development to it.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Excellent point tourmaline! Scarlett's kind of development is priceless!
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #4,005 of 5,928

Users who are viewing this thread

Back