The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Mar 22, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #3,961 of 5,928
whatever.
biggrin.gif
didn't mean to offend you chevy/rolls fanboys out there. I personally am not into either brand, and don't find the corvette particularly appealing, but to each his own. We can leave that for car-fi i guess!
tongue.gif

But the fact remains that:

Rolls Royce is built for luxury, it is about more than just the driving experience, it is a lifestyle.. And thus I would understand wanting a nice wooden box to put it in (a garage? i don't know)

But the HD800 is about Sound Quality folks, it is only about the listening experience. comfort is part of the listening experience. A wooden box is not.

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #3,963 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whatever.
biggrin.gif
didn't mean to offend you chevy/rolls fanboys out there. I personally am not into either brand, and don't find the corvette particularly appealing, but to each his own. We can leave that for car-fi i guess!
tongue.gif

But the fact remains that:

Rolls Royce is built for luxury, it is about more than just the driving experience, it is a lifestyle.. And thus I would understand wanting a nice wooden box to put it in (a garage? i don't know)

But the HD800 is about Sound Quality folks, it is only about the listening experience. comfort is part of the listening experience. A wooden box is not.

You make it sound like we actually have better things to do but complain about the Senns not having a nice leather case or something. We really don't
but I think they should come with the glass head from Pier 1. I went looking for one but they were out.

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #3,964 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You make it sound like we actually have better things to do but complain about the Senns not having a nice leather case or something. We really don't
but I think they should come with the glass head from Pier 1. I went looking for one but they were out.

ha ha. nice one
beerchug.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #3,965 of 5,928
Quote:

I think I understand what you are saying. The wood cups should not be there because the timbre of the wood it'self adds sound to the driver, that would not otherwise be there?. But in that concept, you're assuming that it's a bad thing. When a guitar palyer plays an electric guitar the sound you here is mostly amplified as opposed to natural, where as an accoustic guitar renders it's music through the timber of the wood. Same song, Same artist, Different instrument. So I feel that a wooden cup headphone is just a different instrument. It's is like playing the song with an accoustic guitar as opposed to an electric guitar

I find that wooden instruments have just the right timbre on Grados wood phones, and I find that electric guitars and other instruments sound better on Grados metal phones.

I definitely like the timbre on the wooden phones better, but I like the resolve and "clean" sound of the metal phones. I think both do something to the sound and are not for show.

Mar 22, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #3,966 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whatever.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

eehehee...just wanted you to know that I do have feelings and they can be hurt....
biggrin.gif
j/k

like boomy said it's not like we have much else to banter about...

Mar 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #3,967 of 5,928
Quote:

...but I think they should come with the glass head from Pier 1.

Glass heads and similar wig stands are not good things to put headphones on - they stretch the headband and weaken the contact if left on the stand for a long time.

A better alternative (as I have seen pictured somewhere on this forum) is a banana stand.

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #3,970 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by dharma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many of us like to have gift in ugly package? For me, HD 800 could be gift hopefully for many years!

I want mine wrapped in Scarlett Johansson

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #3,971 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want mine wrapped in Scarlett Johansson

How about, squeezed between Scarlet Johansson and Natalie Portman. I'd love to have to unwrap them from one of those huge period dresses.

( The Other Boelyn Girl)

Mar 22, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #3,972 of 5,928

Users who are viewing this thread

Back