The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Feb 5, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #2,146 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, that's fine. Just don't run your fingers along those razor sharp edges too quickly or there may be some major blood loss!
smile.gif

Oh, gosh... I've gotta stop. This is just getting to be totally ridiculous. How many more people can we possibly get to fuss over how many more details?

We will have more posts until acutal HD800s arrive.

But it is nothing more than prelude..... In the beginning of March, you will see HD800 reviews, raves, rants and all other stuffs everywhere in the forum, such as "Can -insert any kind of audio equipment- match well with my HD800s?"

Feb 5, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #2,147 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I placed the order and they will ship to customers in Europe on June that is the information that i got but i dont know if the info is right hopefully not

Where did you order, if I may ask? Some other place told me it would be April/March in Germany.

Feb 5, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #2,149 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm at home. Wadia 301 (Great Northern Sound mod, "p" power supply mod by Wadia), Cardas cables, Luxman P-1, Sennheiser HD800. There hasn't been a better sounding rig in my house, ever. I've already decided that I'm working from home for at least the morning tomorrow, and quite possibly the whole day. My setup here is a clear cut above any of the couple of setups I've heard the HD 800 through so far--a clear cut above.

And as wonderful a bunch of headphones as I've got here--including a bevy of IEMs (with the UE-10 Pro and UE-11 among those), and my beloved Sennheiser HD650 and Grado GS1000--all are trumped by the HD800. If I had to describe it in a word, I'd say "effortless," which I know I've used before--but you'll get why when you hear it yourself. I'll say more with more listening.

It's good to hear that you like them better than sub 1000$ dynamic headphones. Sadly, I don't think that's their competition. They are going after the electrostatics.

I am interested to see how these compare against my HE60. My hunch is they will be close, but the thought of the HD800 being as transparent and as fast is very unlikely in my mind. Soundstage I also question.

Feb 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #2,150 of 5,928
What I still find, absolutely, mind-boggling is the fact that most people don't see anything wrong with spending $1000+ for custom IEMs, but are crying
bloody murder for headphones in the $1400 price range, with a resale value!
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #2,152 of 5,928
I just preordered this:p yey!

Please answer my question/thread

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #2,153 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by xz123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. 1.299€ - I hope they still correct that price, as it's not what Sennheiser said.

Looks really too high to me, especially considering that Sennheiser products usually cost less in Europe than they do in the USA. There are no hints this will be the same with the HD800, but I wouldn't understand why this should to go the opposite way, but who knows. Still no shops list them in Switzerland...
frown.gif

ACHTUNG: Sennheiser HD-800 voraussichtlich ab Juni 2009 lieferbar!
Price:1.299,00 EUR
incl. 19 % UST
Musikinstrumente bei Musik-Schmidt

I couldn't find this information about availability anywhere in the Musik-Schmidt page.
confused_face.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #2,154 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's good to hear that you like them better than sub 1000$ dynamic headphones. Sadly, I don't think that's their competition. They are going after the electrostatics.

I am interested to see how these compare against my HE60. My hunch is they will be close, but the thought of the HD800 being as transparent and as fast is very unlikely in my mind. Soundstage I also question.

Completely agree! I would have been suprised if they didn't better the GS-1000s and even moreso, the HD650s (the "even moreso" being taste dependent). I'm more interested in how they compete with the K-1000 and O2. Ultimately, it would be nice to have 1 headphone, so that I can go back to focusing on the music
biggrin.gif

The HD800 is my only hope of that - at this point anyway. I'm not into the Ultrasone sound and, Denon's house sound is not to my taste.

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #2,155 of 5,928
Yeah, some inside information about production rates would be nice.

So would information about how Sennheiser will split their HD800 runs among all their distributors. Anything but even distribution to all distributors will not be accepted from me...

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #2,156 of 5,928
Tyll said that the USA allotment was being split between distributors in the ratio of units on order by each distributor.

No idea how that the split between USA and Europe occurs, but it could be total production is being split the same way. (No fact, just speculating.)

Feb 5, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #2,157 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by xz123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. 1.299€ - I hope they still correct that price, as it's not what Sennheiser said.

This is not the recommend retail price for Germany. The Sennheiser pr department quotes a rrp of 999 Euro incl. VAT.

"...vielen Dank für Ihre Email. Der HD 800 wird ab März für 999,- Euro im Handel erhältlich sein. Bei dem Preis handelt es sich um die unverbindliche Preisempfehlung inklusive Mehrwertsteuer."

Feb 5, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #2,160 of 5,928

Users who are viewing this thread

Back