The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Feb 5, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #2,161 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More reading material, excuse me if it was posted before...

Sennheiser HD800 Audiophile Headphones - Peripherals - Build - News - Atomic MPC

If the following line is not a selling point I dont know what is! This is a direct quote from a "reviewer"

"It's like bukakke from God in my ear holes, and I don't want it to stop".

I think he just means "eargasm" (or a pouring in of heavenly sound) and not what you think it means. Yuck.

Feb 5, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #2,162 of 5,928
USELESS INFO FOLLOWS UNLESS YOU CARE ABOUT THE TOTAL AIRHEAD -> HD800 THING.

On the Total AirHead -> HD800 thing: I'm going to be able to buy a <$500 amp that a lot of head-fiers agree synergizes well with HD800 sooner than expected. Tax return better than expected. No, not going into debt or any kind of financial peril for this - this extra amount helps me stick with my planning at an earlier point.

I'll give it a lot of time, still, though - I'll probably have the HD800 a couple months after the first people get it, and I'll want to try the HD800 out for a month or so with just the Total AirHead before even considering a desktop amp. Obviously, too, I'll wait for some sort of minor consensus (oxymoronic phrasing, yes [or no; I like looking intelligent - whether or not I am is another matter], but there is rarely much agreement here) on what amps drive the HD800 well.

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #2,163 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferraro25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USELESS INFO FOLLOWS UNLESS YOU CARE ABOUT THE TOTAL AIRHEAD -> HD800 THING.

On the Total AirHead -> HD800 thing: I'm going to be able to buy a <$500 amp that a lot of head-fiers agree synergizes well with HD800 sooner than expected. Tax return better than expected. No, not going into debt or any kind of financial peril for this - this extra amount helps me stick with my planning at an earlier point.

I'll give it a lot of time, still, though - I'll probably have the HD800 a couple months after the first people get it, and I'll want to try the HD800 out for a month or so with just the Total AirHead before even considering a desktop amp. Obviously, too, I'll wait for some sort of minor consensus (oxymoronic phrasing, yes [or no; I like looking intelligent - whether or not I am is another matter], but there is rarely much agreement here) on what amps drive the HD800 well.

I would like to see a review of how the HD800 dose on an amp like the Total Airhead, Just for fun. Looking forward to your review.

Feb 6, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #2,165 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I too have been wondering what amps people will be pairing the HD800 with. Is there any speculation as to what the front runners will be?

Dunno, LDVI?

Feb 6, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #2,166 of 5,928
Quote:

Yes, I too have been wondering what amps people will be pairing the HD800 with. Is there any speculation as to what the front runners will be?

A Yamamoto HA-02 here

Feb 6, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #2,167 of 5,928
There is a separate thread for it.

Feb 6, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #2,170 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"It's like bukakke from God in my ear holes, and I don't want it to stop"

I lol'd
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #2,171 of 5,928
Quote:

Missed this thread I guess...
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/how...-hd800-399727/

I plan to use my AMB β22. Other may have different choices of course..

Feb 6, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #2,172 of 5,928
Jude: Does the HD800 affect ones hearing to the outside world when not playing any music, like the HD650 does?

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #2,173 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jude: Does the HD800 affect ones hearing to the outside world when not playing any music, like the HD650 does?

It looks like it would have some muffling with between the driver and the steel mesh...

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #2,175 of 5,928
This thread gets my vote for the worst signal to noise ratio - ever.
I've just spent 30 minutes and if there's valuable information it's hidden very well.

Now I've added to the endless blah but since there's nothing else to begin with it doesn't matter .........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back