The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Jan 10, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #601 of 5,928
This is quote on Amazon(where they retail for $1399.95) from Sennheiser."The slightly angled sound front effectively simulates the principle of the spatial sound experience. No other manufacturer comes as close to producing a natural sound experience as Sennheiser with the HD 800." Come on guys(Seinnheiser)!!
confused_face(1).gif
I hear the marketing department at Ultrasone.And boy are they pissed.
mad.gif
Do i hear a gavel?

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #603 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is quote on Amazon(where they retail for $1399.95) from Sennheiser."The slightly angled sound front effectively simulates the principle of the spatial sound experience. No other manufacturer comes as close to producing a natural sound experience as Sennheiser with the HD 800." Come on guys(Seinnheiser)!!
confused_face(1).gif
I hear the marketing department at Ultrasone.And boy are they pissed.
mad.gif
Do i hear a gavel?

Ultrasones aside (which use off-center driver placement and sound like .... ), Audio-Technica have been using angled drivers for a long time, W5000 is just one example. What is so revolutionary about it?

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #604 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ultrasones aside (which use off-center driver placement and sound like .... ), Audio-Technica have been using angled drivers for a long time, W5000 is just one example. What is so revolutionary about it?

Stax has been using angled drivers since the 70s or so.

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #605 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly my point,Andrew.But i only mentioned "Ultrasone".It's almost like their taking credit for angled drivers.But if you read it closely(influenced by their attorneys,no doubt!)They don't really say they came up with the technology of "angled drivers".But they do mention they have a handful of patents with the HD800,on other websites.But they don't elaborate.And they do brag that no other headphone sounds like it!Only time will tell.It looks pretty impressive to me.From what i read from the current short reviews!"We heard a simple outstanding attack, punch, and expansive dynamics significantly superior to previous listening experiences",from headroom,right between your ears. Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones: German Engineering at Its Finest Update

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #607 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like eggs.

I don't like toast...

it's not if you like eggs but how you like your eggs done, we all like headphones but how we like our headphones to sound varies...

also how you don't like toast? you no like all forms of toast (french toast,white,rye, or even a BLT) or just one form? some people can't stand IEM's in their ears and some don't like electro's niether...

ever notice how our sponsors are like Denny's?
Denny's has the Big Slam Breakfest which is nothing more the a headphone, headphone amp, and cables packaged together just using eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and hash browns...

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #611 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish they would have the option of using basic earpads and knocking off $400 or so.

There's probably $2 worth of alcantara on these phones. It's not that special...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back