Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't disagree more.

Right on. That's why we all love it here
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #258 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cuz they wanted a new design, and they also designed the whole shape of the cups that way because of the acoustics. Its important part of the sound production afterall.

Then again it looks like the rear of some speaker drivers..

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #259 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Flycatcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how much they will be in Euro´s?

Perhaps same numerical value!!! Euroland curse for consumers!

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #260 of 5,928
I think I might become a early adopter of these things. If I don't like them I can always sell them on Ebay for close to the MSRP.
wink_face.gif

I now have to get to work on a plan to hide this large expense from my wife. This will be difficult since I am about to purchase a $800+ new DAC. I might have to employ some Bernie Madoff tactics.

Does anyone have any idea when these things are going to be available.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #261 of 5,928
Quote:

I now have to get to work on a plan to hide this large expense from my wife.

Wishful thinking against their sixth sense!
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #263 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Flycatcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how much they will be in Euro´s?

http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com...0+usd+in+euros

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciphercomplete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I now have to get to work on a plan to hide this large expense from my wife.

biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #265 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good thing I didn't pull the trigger on the W5000 last night.

Why? Closed headphone vs Open headphone. Also, the W5000 is 1/3 the price. Apples & Oranges, my friend.

As for me, I think the HD800 is interesting looking. I'd love to hear it, but will never buy one. Way too expensive for me, and in the foreseeable future have no use for open headphones. I'd need some serious home equipment before it would be worth dropping the cash on headphones like this.

I'm curious... They're using the Benchmark DAC1 as the amp for these at the show. Which version of the DAC1 is it? With all the complaints I've read about the DAC1's headphone amp, I wonder how much MORE impressive it would be if demoed with an Emprical Audio modded unit. Heheh!

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #266 of 5,928
i wonder how much of the great sound is attributed to that benchmark dac1 pre and that (can't make it out) impressive looking cd player/transport?

that said, i am glad senny heading back into the higher end of headphonics..

paul

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #269 of 5,928
It would be good to see a comparison between this Hd800 and other top notch headphones of other brands such as Grado, AKG, ATH, Sony...

Edit: Obviously giving them some time. It looks really promising, however I don't really like the looks of the Sennheisers. Today onn the underground I saw a guy wearing some Senns hd208 os something similar. They looked too big on the guys head

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #270 of 5,928
I'm hopeful that we can get some confirmation about the connector that Senn chose to use at the headphones. It'll be a bummer in my book if they used some proprietary nonsense again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back