The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Jan 8, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #227 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sort of glad that they're so freaking ugly, now I can save those $1400

I don't think this excuse really works for headphones, unless they are meant to be portable use
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #232 of 5,928
Judging by the limited images available(and not in person), this phone in my opinion is one of the ugliest sets ever produced by any manufacturer. It most certainly does not look like a modern day super phone but some 80s cheap ripoff. For that asking price these phones have to match the 02s in SQ, otherwise why simply not purchase a Stax setup? I'm looking forward to some nice reviews here and comparisons. The extra good news is that perhaps now Sony might get of it's rear end and replace the R10 and AKG could.....

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #234 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although I can still afford the headphone alone, but I believe HD800s need world class upstream equipments which are out of my reach for years
frown.gif

So true ... !!

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #235 of 5,928
I think Predator quote sums it up best: "You're one ugly ............"

I was considering if I should plunge, but with looks like these it almost makes me want to wait for 850 in hope that they improve the looks.

I'm wondering though how they sound compared to R10/L3K. If they are anything comparable, maybe that will override the horrible looks.

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #238 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarnauga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is the round part of the pad towards the front and the other one to the back? This is the inverse of the shape of the ears.

This is actually a HOAX!! I have it on Good Authority that this is just a Prop for the New Star Trek Movie. The reason why these are shaped like this is because this is Mr. Spock's Headset...

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #240 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, neither does Sony!

smily_headphones1.gif
I'm sure they are simply struck by the sincerest flattery
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back