The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Jan 8, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #166 of 5,928
Ah, so it's finally here. Likes others have been saying, it does look to be inspired by the SA5000 or Qualia 010. I definitely wasn't expecting that high of a price tag, but it's MSRP and you can get the HD600/650 for much less than their MSRP. I wonder if it'll be customizable if each one is going to be hand-made (which seems to be the case if you can look up the frequency response for your specific headphone).

I look forward to reading more impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #167 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's interesting. Why would Senn post FRs for each headphone? I wonder if some sort of customization options could be forthcoming?

I read that more as a performance guarantee type of thing. In other words, they post a 'target' FR but also provide you with the specific measured performance of your particular pair of headphones. Presumably, since they're all hand made, they will measure each pair as a matter of quality assurance, which then suggests that each pair must fall within what I would presume to be rather tight tolerances of the 'target' before passing inspection.

At least that's the way I read it. I can't imagine that they would publish a target FR and also make the individual FR's for each pair of HD800 available at the request of the consumer if the target FR could not be realistically achieved on a consistent basis, subject to slight variations in the measurement process, etc.

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #168 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lornecherry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Worse still, the review is very well-written - you have true journalistic flair, while still sending us enough facts to keep us salivating like one of Pavlov's canines waiting for their next treat.

Something tells me Jude had part of this review written ahead of time
ph34r.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #169 of 5,928
Anyone noticed how it looks like SA5000?

Edit: Ok..people did notice

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #170 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone noticed how it looks like SA5000?

Edit: Ok..people did notice

Hadn't noticed... he he...

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #171 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's interesting. Why would Senn post FRs for each headphone? I wonder if some sort of customization options could be forthcoming?

Hi,
If you buy a Walther PPK, there is a target that has been shot with your pistol showing it's accuracy. This is a neat idea. Also means they intend for this phone to be expensive.

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #174 of 5,928
Whoever is going to CES 2009..pls record videos of HD800 for us who cant come there.

and post it on youtube.

would love to see them in action.

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #176 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
If you buy a Walther PPK, there is a target that has been shot with your pistol showing it's accuracy. This is a neat idea. Also means they intend for this phone to be expensive.

Just to make you feel special, but not sexy...LOL.
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #179 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why can't it be a woody?!

because Wood has more weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back