The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Jan 8, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #19 of 5,928
I remember seeing pictures of the supposed HD800 a long while ago and dismissing them as fakes.. how wrong we all were!

Looks like the SA5000.

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #20 of 5,928
I'm going to want these if they're as good as the impression leads to believe.. I just hope they're good for metal too... and if not, then I'll be taking advantage of the explosion of headphones going for sale for people trying to make money for this ... either way.. WIN!

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #21 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted a link to photos at the bottom of the original post. They're just smaller, preliminary photos. I'll post bigger ones later, and will take more tomorrow.

Danke danke!

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #22 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted a link to photos at the bottom of the original post. They're just smaller, preliminary photos. I'll post bigger ones later, and will take more tomorrow.

Can you confirm if the cable is detachable or not?

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #23 of 5,928
GAH! Pricetag please?

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #24 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes it is. I'll get the name of the exact type of connector tomorrow, but it looks like a little lemo connector. I was told that it's a standard connector, which should make the cable replacement companies happy, as well as the DIY'ers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GAH! Pricetag please?

Don't hold me to it (and it will be announced in about a half-hour), but I think MSRP should be around $1399 (USD).

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #26 of 5,928
what i find amusing is that it turned out to be exactly like the "fake" photoshopped pics that were circulating on head-fi since last year. also, it looks like these will be my next cans.

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #28 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It looks detachable to me but of a different sort of connector. Maybe a 3.5mm plug

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #29 of 5,928
Wow, 1400 is a little steeper than I was expecting. Hopefully its announced a little lower than that
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back