The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family!
Dec 29, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #798 of 1,909
I ordered the full Modi/Magni 2 Über super duper set on the 15th....not yet shipped....the suspense is killing me.

Cheers,
K

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #799 of 1,909
I ordered first thing on the 17th (9 AM their time).  Today is day 8 of the "ships within 6-8 business days".  I'll email them tomorrow to see what the hold up is.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease! 
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #800 of 1,909
I ordered first thing on the 17th (9 AM their time).  Today is day 8 of the "ships within 6-8 business days".  I'll email them tomorrow to see what the hold up is.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease! :wink:

Did that already but they told me the strictly ship in the order the orders came in.

Let's see and check who gets delivery info first :)

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #801 of 1,909
Did that already but they told me the strictly ship in the order the orders came in.

Let's see and check who gets delivery info first :)

Yeah...but I'm going to be pretty pissed off if I don't have it by Saturday.  I would've went with a faster shipping method if I had known Schiit was overestimating their ability to ship in the range they promised (...to be fair, Schiit usually under-sells themselves).  For NJ, it's 4 days from 91355.  If it ships tomorrow, it'll deliver on Saturday (Fedex Home Delivery does Saturdays now at no extra charge).  If not, I'm going to have to hand out IOUs instead of birthday presents.  
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #802 of 1,909
Yup, they can't do much about production.  The dates they give are just estimations..

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #803 of 1,909
  Yup, they can't do much about production.  The dates they give are just estimations..

Yeah I get that.  However, their website said "Orders placed now will ship in 6-8 business days" when I submitted my order.  As in, "we have all of our parts, production is a non-issue, we just need time to put this Schiit together."  

If it had said something like "Orders placed now are estimated to ship in 6-8 business days" I would totally understand.  But it didn't.  In fact, the Modi 2 Uber page still has the "will ship" language as of this post.  They should probably update that language.

Maybe a meteor hit the PC board assembly house...or something?

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #804 of 1,909

Yeah...but I'm going to be pretty pissed off if I don't have it by Saturday.  I would've went with a faster shipping method if I had known Schiit was overestimating their ability to ship in the range they promised (...to be fair, Schiit usually under-sells themselves).  For NJ, it's 4 days from 91355.  If it ships tomorrow, it'll deliver on Saturday (Fedex Home Delivery does Saturdays now at no extra charge).  If not, I'm going to have to hand out IOUs instead of birthday presents.  
frown.gif

Oh man, that sucks. I can give you my slot, if they agree to it. Not sure though if it makes a difference - for me, waiting a long time is standard as it ships a very long way...

So, let me know via PM and I can give you my order number and we can try that.

Cheers,
K

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #805 of 1,909

Yeah I get that.  However, their website said "Orders placed now will ship in 6-8 business days" when I submitted my order.  As in, "we have all of our parts, production is a non-issue, we just need time to put this Schiit together."  

If it had said something like "Orders placed now are estimated to ship in 6-8 business days" I would totally understand.  But it didn't.  In fact, the Modi 2 Uber page still has the "will ship" language as of this post.  They should probably update that language.

Maybe a meteor hit the PC board assembly house...or something?

True.  Maybe they should change the language.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #806 of 1,909

Oh man, that sucks. I can give you my slot, if they agree to it. Not sure though if it makes a difference - for me, waiting a long time is standard as it ships a very long way...

So, let me know via PM and I can give you my order number and we can try that.

Cheers,
K

Thanks for that offer.  I wouldn't want you to have to wait any longer than you have to.  I'm a bit impatient as you can tell.  I'm used to paying $5.99 for same day delivery on Amazon Prime so this multi-week shipping is pretty abnormal for me.

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #807 of 1,909
Nothing at all. But it has nothing to do with this THREAD. lol. Maybe a new thread about bits and crystals would work. Js.

This had to do with crystals which are used to clock the DAC and the Modi is a DAC. Though I agree, there's no need to keep on with this,

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #808 of 1,909

wink.gif

They could have been closed the 24th-26th for the holidays

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #809 of 1,909

They could have been closed the 24th-26th for the holidays

True, but most companies go by the official Federal holiday list when they're talking about business days.  December 25th is the only non-business day:  http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/snow-dismissal-procedures/federal-holidays/#url=2014

Dec 29, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #810 of 1,909

wink.gif

Don't get your hopes up. I ordered on the 14th and haven't heard anything. Even if you you count off the 24-26, it's still 8 days for me so their estimates may not be far off. I'm not in a rush or anything though, my Modi 1 is treating me well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back