The "RSA" Shadow, a powerful pixy of an amp . . . New images. .
Jul 12, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #47 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
J, at the risk of asking for confidential info, has Ray given you any update as to casing specs or production timeline?

I know you were directing this to Jamato, but I'll interject. Rays says he going to have the first 2 "DEMO" cases ready to go in 2 weeks. He will review and make any modifications if needed. So the proofing on the case still has to be done.

Thanks,
Spencer D.

Jul 12, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #48 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Resonant_Rebel=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know you were directing this to Jamato, but I'll interject. Rays says he going to have the first 2 "DEMO" cases ready to go in 2 weeks. He will review and make any modifications if needed. So the proofing on the case still has to be done.

Thanks,
Spencer D.

Much appreciated Spencer.

Jul 13, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #49 of 184
Is it safe to say that the Shadow is targeted more for IEMs? I'm looking to upgrade my UHA-3 to use w/ my Super.fi 5EB's, Grado 325i's and HF2's.

Debating whether to wait for this or go the D10 route. I know I would give up the USB DAC but for better sound, I might be willing.

Jul 13, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #50 of 184
Quote:

Is it safe to say that the Shadow is targeted more for IEMs? I'm looking to upgrade my UHA-3 to use w/ my Super.fi 5EB's, Grado 325i's and HF2's.

I would say it's target for IEM's because of the spec on them- but they can easily power those big Sony R10's I wore them on. The Shadow would be perfect for IEM's solely because of it's size and digital functionality. It sounds great- if your willing to shell out 450 clams or so, get it.

I can't say anything on the D10 route.

Regards,
Spencer D.

Jul 13, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #51 of 184
Quote:

Much appreciated Spencer.

I can't make any promises, however, Pale Rider. That is what he told me, so take it with a grain of salt.

Spencer D.

Jul 13, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #52 of 184
Quote:

I can't make any promises, however, Pale Rider. That is what he told me, so take it with a grain of salt.

Spencer D.

Understood and acknowledged. Ray has actually always been dead on with his timetables for me. From my Mustang order to my Apache upgrade, he has been great.

Jul 13, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #53 of 184
Quote:

Understood and acknowledged. Ray has actually always been dead on with his timetables for me. From my Mustang order to my Apache upgrade, he has been great.

He was a very nice host as his place- always a gracious person. Nice to meet you Pale Rider.

Spencer D.

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #55 of 184
I received the wall charger for the Shadow today that will be the stock one (the other one I had had been adapted to the USB). It is small, works on all voltages, uses the USB b plug and will be very convenient to pack around if needed.

The Shadow can be left plugged in all the time and the rear red light goes out when the battery is charged. Simplicity that works.

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #56 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received the wall charger for the Shadow today that will be the stock one (the other one I had had been adapted to the USB). It is small, works on all voltages, uses the USB b plug and will be very convenient to pack around if needed.

The Shadow can be left plugged in all the time and the rear red light goes out when the battery is charged. Simplicity that works.

Can you use it while it's plugged in? If so, will it start to charge as it runs down?

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #57 of 184
Yes you can use it while plugged in and it will keep the battery charged.

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #59 of 184
Quote:

I would say it's target for IEM's because of the spec on them- but they can easily power those big Sony R10's I wore them on.

huh?

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #60 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
huh?

He listened to the Shadow at the big meet and Ray had the R10's there. Quite a combo, huh? :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back