The RIAA has officially crossed the line.
Dec 31, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #46 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We could pee on him then set him on fire.

Or we could strap him down and hook up an IV to him, and inject a small air bubble into the line, and watch him suffer.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #47 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or we could strap him down and hook up an IV to him, and inject a small air bubble into the line, and watch him suffer.
very_evil_smiley.gif

That's just cruel.

Dec 31, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #48 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's just cruel.

And soaking him in urine and burning him alive is sooo much better
wink.gif

Seriously though, I don't like him. He makes me mad.
mad.gif
I've tested it out on small kittens and it's actually a pretty quick process.

Dec 31, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #49 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously though, I don't like him. He makes me mad.
mad.gif

Hulk mad?

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #54 of 60
Jan 16, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #57 of 60
wow... they're really going crazy now.

When I think the SABAM (Belgian Society of Authors, Composers and Publishers) still says on his website that you can "rent or borrow CDs, copy them at home and keep the copies" ...

Jan 16, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #58 of 60
First of all, I want to point out that I remember seeing an interview with president Bush about something at the end of which the host of the interview asked him about his iPod, specifically which songs he had on it. He cited the Beatles twice. The Beatles corpus of work is not available for download (or at least it wasn't at the time, I don't keep up with whether it is or not at the moment), thus, President Bush is eligible for a lawsuit coming from the RIAA because he had to have ripped or downloaded the files illegally.

Aaaaand second of all, a point which I'm sure will be disputed and probably technically disproved by some of our lawyer members, I firmly believe in the principle that numbers cannot be copyrighted in the United States. Thus, whenever any form of media is transferred into its DIGITAL form (and hence a long long long number), it ceases to be a copyrighted analog recording and becomes an uncopyrightable NUMBER. However, I know that this argument would not stand up in court to judges who are too technologically UN-savy to understand the fact that digital files are indeed numbers.

And, I guess I'm done. Smarter minds, tear my idea apart if you want. lol.

Support the artists! Go to their shows and stop letting the RIAA screw them out of their money.

Jan 16, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #59 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00940 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow... they're really going crazy now.

When I think the SABAM (Belgian Society of Authors, Composers and Publishers) still says on his website that you can "rent or borrow CDs, copy them at home and keep the copies" ...

Yeah, way to go! I guess it is still safe for me to do custom compilations onto either MiniDisc or Hi-MD, in which I have done for over 10 years now.

As for SCMS, I have no worries, as I own pro decks which have no SCMS whatsoever. Please note that I striictly buy CDs and make copies or compilations from them for my own personal use only, then, I turn around and sell most of the CDs that I just bought after making a copy and simply keeping the copy for myself. Some CDs I buy have only one or two good tracks I am really interested in anyways, so why should I keep the rest of the CD that I don't want anyways?. Isn't that why they made CD-R, MiniDisc, Memory cards/sticks or tapes for, so that we, the paying consumer who pays for the right to use that recording in anyway he or she chooses as long as it is intended for personal (non-commercial) use only can do so?

Or was I wrong, that we are nothing more than mindless, voiceless puppets to the government and the RIAA and MPAA and are at their mercy to pay to play our own music every play even if we legally bought it (like at a record store) in the first place?

Jan 16, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #60 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Beatles corpus of work is not available for download (or at least it wasn't at the time, I don't keep up with whether it is or not at the moment), thus, President Bush is eligible for a lawsuit coming from the RIAA because he had to have ripped or downloaded the files illegally.

Reread thread. Summary: Ripping for approved personal use is fine. It's the sharing it on the internet part that isn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Support the artists! Go to their shows and stop letting the RIAA screw them out of their money.

The RIAA isn't screwing the vast majority of artists out money. The RIAA infused their work with commercial value through their marketing and distribution system. No RIAA support = very low sales for the vast majority of artists.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW
Isn't that why they made CD-R, MiniDisc, Memory cards/sticks or tapes for, so that we, the paying consumer who pays for the right to use that recording in anyway he or she chooses as long as it is intended for personal (non-commercial) use only can do so?

Yes. But you no longer have the right to use that recording for personal purposes once you have sold the right to use that recording. This happens when you sold the original media that conferred the right to use the recording for personal purposes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW
Or was I wrong, that we are nothing more than mindless, voiceless puppets to the government and the RIAA and MPAA and are at their mercy to pay to play our own music every play even if we legally bought it (like at a record store) in the first place?

Mindless and voiceless? Only if you choose to be.

You can protest in the streets, practice civil disobedience, file lawsuits, or whatever else you can think of. You can vote with your pocket book, in the ballot box, or even from the rooftops if you so desire. Those are all well with your rights as a human being and as a citizen of the United States.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back