The Portable BASS kings..The Pioneer HDJ500 vs AKG 518 LE vs The first look at the new AT WS55 Solid Bass
Oct 25, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #62 of 458
Well, after a few days of stretching, these things really did loosen up a lot!  I was surprised when I sat with these on for 3 hours with little to no clamp issues.  And the burn-in has helped the sound quality quite a bit.  So apart from the small portability issue, I really feel these are quite worth the $80+ I spent.

Now if only convince my friends that these are more worth it than those cruddy Beats...

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #63 of 458

Quote:
Well, after a few days of stretching, these things really did loosen up a lot!  I was surprised when I sat with these on for 3 hours with little to no clamp issues.  And the burn-in has helped the sound quality quite a bit.  So apart from the small portability issue, I really feel these are quite worth the $80+ I spent.

Now if only convince my friends that these are more worth it than those cruddy Beats...

Nice.. Ya it is simple.. Just let them hear there music on them.. That is probably all it will take..If anything it will make them realize just how over priced their beats are..

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #64 of 458
I wonder if my pics of the red phones helped people pull the trigger on the red phones :p

I'm glad all these other people are enjoying the WS55. It really has a strong price-to-performance ratio. I didn't mind the clamp but I wish it was either a little bigger or smaller as it can be annoying on my ears. Furthermore, I wish they came with some form of protective case or sleeve.

Oct 30, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #65 of 458
I was kinda thinking about buying the HDJ 500, mostly because of it´s replaceable cord and that they seem to be good headphones for the price. Do you know if there is any cord with a mic that will fit the HDJ 500?

Also i was wondering what you think about the isolation, and leakage of sound compared to models famous for there good sound isolation and low leakage (like HD 25 II) 

Oct 30, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #66 of 458

Quote:
I was kinda thinking about buying the HDJ 500, mostly because of it´s replaceable cord and that they seem to be good headphones for the price. Do you know if there is any cord with a mic that will fit the HDJ 500?

Also i was wondering what you think about the isolation, and leakage of sound compared to models famous for there good sound isolation and low leakage (like HD 25 II) 

What is your intended use with the mic. For a cell phone? Or gaming? The isolation is tops on this can. Since they are Super aural they sit in your ears and people won't be able to hear what you are hearing or the other way around. I don't have the HD 25 s but I imagine them being similar in this regard.

Oct 30, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #67 of 458

Quote:
What is your intended use with the mic. For a cell phone? Or gaming? The isolation is tops on this can. Since they are Super aural they sit in your ears and people won't be able to hear what you are hearing or the other way around. I don't have the HD 25 s but I imagine them being similar in this regard.

Yes, i need the mic for my iPhone.
Alright that sounds great, have you tested them with any rap music?

Oct 30, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #68 of 458
I listen to a lot of hiphop actually. These are great for hip hop, Trance, electronica, anything with bass emphasis. That being said. I don't know if there is an integrated mic chord you can get for these. But there is a WS55i.. The other portable I mentioned in the review has a version with an iphone integrated music control with mic on it. And they also do hip hop, and bass heavy tunes very well..http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-WS55i-Portable-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B004Y3KV9O/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1319993216&sr=1-1

Oct 30, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #69 of 458

Quote:
I listen to a lot of hiphop actually. These are great for hip hop, Trance, electronica, anything with bass emphasis. That being said. I don't know if there is an integrated mic chord you can get for these. But there is a WS55i.. The other portable I mentioned in the review has a version with an iphone integrated music control with mic on it. And they also do hip hop, and bass heavy tunes very well..http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-WS55i-Portable-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B004Y3KV9O/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1319993216&sr=1-1

Ok, bummer that they didn´t make any cords with a built in mic, but since it´s i DJ headphone i guess it really isn´t there market. I looked at ws55 and everyone in this thread seems to like them a lot. But is the cord exchangeable? 

Oct 30, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #70 of 458
Nope the iphone controls only come in that particular model.  Well the HDJ500s are true DJ cans and will be better for your needs. So what if you don't have iphone controls on the chord. Not a huge deal if you think about it. I would try out the HDJ500s..Great sounding cans..

Oct 30, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #71 of 458

Quote:
Nope the iphone controls only come in that particular model.  Well the HDJ500s are true DJ cans and will be better for your needs. So what if you don't have iphone controls on the chord. Not a huge deal if you think about it. I would try out the HDJ500s..Great sounding cans..

Yeah, i think i will buy those or the HD 25 II and eventually buy a adapter from apple that has a mic on it. Hopefully i will go to the store tomorrow to pick up a pair, ill return with my impressions.
Thanks for the help and for the good thread!

Nov 13, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #73 of 458

Quote:
Hi,

Im interested in getting a pair of the HDJ-500's-would they be worth getting even though I've got large ears?

Thanks.

Well these are supra aural so they sit on your ears..People with big ears might find this a bit uncomfy.. I suppose you can order them from Amazon and try them out to see how they are for you and if they are too uncomfy you can send them back.. That is what I would do..

Nov 13, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #74 of 458
It looks like the Audio technicas have been getting most of the plaudits but they are not available here in the UK. Will the Pioneers do the job? I like house, electro, dance, dnb and dubstep. Need good isolation and portability.

Nov 13, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #75 of 458

Quote:
It looks like the Audio technicas have been getting most of the plaudits but they are not available here in the UK. Will the Pioneers do the job? I like house, electro, dance, dnb and dubstep. Need good isolation and portability.

These are awesome for your genres. They have one of the funnest sound signatures that is a must for your genres. EDM in general..These are a tad on a big side for being portable but they are indeed much more portable than full sized cans. The best isolation because of they sit on your ears and wins in the stylish category out of all the headphones I reviewed here..I think you will be happy with these. One of the more underrated underrepresented headphones here on headfi..I still call them personal club in your head headphones and a blast to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back