The PENON official thread
Mar 30, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #13,351 of 13,726
Mar 30, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #13,352 of 13,726
Happy Easter everyone…
IMG_6763.jpeg

Mar 31, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #13,354 of 13,726
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #13,356 of 13,726
Hey ,
i got the Penoin 10th Anny and Adore Them Except for One thing they are Sometimes a Littlebit Sibilant and i am very Sensible to that ... Someone got a a tip for Tip (lol) that sound like the Stock tips but reduces Sibilance ?
Thanks in Advance.
I’ve negotiated the same sensitivity. For IEMs that are overly bright, I use a solution that implements a broader stroke, like using a different cable and or foam tips.

If I only need to address a very specific frequency range, I use a more surgical solution, PEQ.

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #13,357 of 13,726
Hey ,
i got the Penoin 10th Anny and Adore Them Except for One thing they are Sometimes a Littlebit Sibilant and i am very Sensible to that ... Someone got a a tip for Tip (lol) that sound like the Stock tips but reduces Sibilance ?
Thanks in Advance.
10th sibilant? No way, check your source and tips , no sibilance with 1zm2, sp3000 or ibasso dc elite, great organic sound

Apr 1, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #13,358 of 13,726
10th sibilant? No way, check your source and tips , no sibilance with 1zm2, sp3000 or ibasso dc elite, great organic sound
Yeah ITS Like a curse for me Sibilance half the Headphones i Test are to sibilant for me the "Sssss" in paticular :frowning2:.

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #13,361 of 13,726
I’ve negotiated the same sensitivity. For IEMs that are overly bright, I use a solution that implements a broader stroke, like using a different cable and or foam tips.

If I only need to address a very specific frequency range, I use a more surgical solution, PEQ.
Maybevitvis indeed my DX160 whichbisvmy Main Source with Everthing except my ZMF VC. i am receivingba Cayin IHA 6 and a IFI Zen Can in the next days will Report Back If the Problem also ocurrs in these Amps.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #13,362 of 13,726
i sent back for a example a qudelix 5k cause it underlined all the t and ssss so chose an organic dac like the akm or r2r and stay away from ess and thx amp
It might be a crime but the 5K with the fake NOS filter is significantly less harsh than the standard filter

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #13,363 of 13,726
i sent back for a example a qudelix 5k cause it underlined all the t and ssss so chose an organic dac like the akm or r2r and stay away from ess and thx amp
AKM dacs can have a shine to its treble too. Just it'll be step less than the ESS. You just need to find a company that knows how to implement the ESS or AKM to reduce this feeling.

R2r works.......though they sound so boring unfortunately. Wont slam as hard, and will not as be incisive sounding for the imaging dynamics. But you definitely won't have that shiny treble sensitivity.

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #13,364 of 13,726
I have been under the spell of CFA Trifecta for the past week...wow, I understand the conflicting opinions completely as it sounds unlike any other iem I've heard while still delivering everything I'm looking for. But in my opinion, it's a Masterwork deserving of the accolades it does get.

But that's really not the point. After listening for the last 4 hours today, I set it down and picked up Quattro to see how I would feel. Even using Quattro with a lesser dap than I was using with Trifecta.

All I can say is, if Trifecta is a masterpiece, Quattro is a brother from another mother, from a third world country obviously considering it's around 1/10 the price!

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #13,365 of 13,726
I have been under the spell of CFA Trifecta for the past week...wow, I understand the conflicting opinions completely as it sounds unlike any other iem I've heard while still delivering everything I'm looking for. But in my opinion, it's a Masterwork deserving of the accolades it does get.

But that's really not the point. After listening for the last 4 hours today, I set it down and picked up Quattro to see how I would feel. Even using Quattro with a lesser dap than I was using with Trifecta.

All I can say is, if Trifecta is a masterpiece, Quattro is a brother from another mother, from a third world country obviously considering it's around 1/10 the price!
Quattro off the Ibasso PB5 Osprey portable amp is a treat, I have it fed via my Gustard A22 dac which is my slammiest & incisive dac on hand.

PB5 innate bass boost, plus my slammy dac....... And whoah, the Quattro actually has bass after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back