The PENON official thread
Jan 26, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #12,631 of 13,661
Penon replied to me and said they don’t have a graph available.

That’s a real shame, as I’m very interested in purchasing the set. But without seeing a graph first, there’s just no way I’m going to pull the trigger.

Jan 26, 2024 at 3:19 AM Post #12,632 of 13,661
Penon replied to me and said they don’t have a graph available.

That’s a real shame, as I’m very interested in purchasing the set. But without seeing a graph first, there’s just no way I’m going to pull the trigger.
Yeah, that’s a no go for me for now. If I am not mistaken, I think @Dsnuts does graph IEMs and since he has the X and obviously he thinks very highly of it, maybe he will graph it for us.

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #12,634 of 13,661
I have pulled the trigger too. I think I have to sell the ones I don't use as much... but each one has their own thing.

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #12,635 of 13,661
Sold out! 😞 That was quick

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #12,636 of 13,661
Surprised so many ppl blindly purchased without any graphs.

But the good news for me is, I can wait for other impressions and hopefully someone will measure it.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #12,640 of 13,661
Surprised to many ppl blindly purchased without any graphs.

But the good news for me is, I can wait for other impressions and hopefully someone to measure it.
Left brain vs right brain. Left brain likes graphs, charts, specs, measurements...right brain likes listening, adjectives, descriptions, stories and zen. Both together make our reality. Just my way of looking at it.

Jan 26, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #12,642 of 13,661
That's a good point. Aldought I've never pay to much attention to the graphs...
Whilst they're not definitive, I can get a good idea if I'm going to like the tuning or not from the graph.

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #12,643 of 13,661
Can someone explain what the “film retarding driver”. is or does?
It seems to do several things. Its a more effective venting mechanism for IEMs that seem to enhance the tuning for IEMs. From how I understand it. Tansio might have taken some inspiration from 64Audio IEMS as they use a very similar venting mechanism. But Tansios goes a a few step furter it seems. It seems to work with all the drivers inside the TSMR-X for 1) No pressure build up. I know some folks have issue with this from multi driver IEMs. 2) Gives plenty of air for the bass dual coaxial bass drivers to breathe. Shows in how potent the bass can get. 3) Gives air to all 3 bands of the sound. An all closed BA set will not have the same type of airy sound signature of the TSMR-X. At least I have not experienced it. Higher end IEMs do but thats because they are using like crazy 12-14BAs which makes up for the air it has. It seems to be a very effective venting mechanism and takes up a sound tube from the 4 tubes in the nozzle so it is most definitely a part of how it was designed.

Congrats to the folks that jumped on an early set. Even if Penon runs out I am certian they are frantically making more. Lol. I knew it would sell quick, just had a feeling.
These are substantial. Tansio Mirai will not call these 10th anniversary for no reason. You guys will see what I mean.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #12,644 of 13,661
It seems to do several things. Its a more effective venting mechanism for IEMs that seem to enhance the tuning for IEMs. From how I understand it. Tansio might have taken some inspiration from 64Audio IEMS as they use a very similar venting mechanism. But Tansios goes a a few step furter it seems. It seems to work with all the drivers inside the TSMR-X for 1) No pressure build up. I know some folks have issue with this from multi driver IEMs. 2) Gives plenty of air for the bass dual coaxial bass drivers to breathe. Shows in how potent the bass can get. 3) Gives air to all 3 bands of the sound. An all closed BA set will not have the same type of airy sound signature of the TSMR-X. At least I have not experienced it. Higher end IEMs do but thats because they are using like crazy 12-14BAs which makes up for the air it has. It seems to be a very effective venting mechanism and takes up a sound tube from the 4 tubes in the nozzle so it is most definitely a part of how it was designed.

Congrats to the folks that jumped on an early set. Even if Penon runs out I am certian they are frantically making more. Lol. I knew it would sell quick, just had a feeling.
These are substantial. Tansio Mirai will not call these 10th anniversary for no reason. You guys will see what I mean.
Is there a diagram to show how the 'film retarding driver' works. I'm scientifically baffled.

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #12,645 of 13,661
Is there a diagram to show how the 'film retarding driver' works. I'm scientifically baffled.
On the Tansio Mirai site

"Full frequency effect: 1 x custom film retarding driver (this driver is detachable design, frequent disassembly is not recommended)"

I still have no idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back