The PENON official thread
Aug 3, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #10,711 of 13,727
ya there is a reason why higher end cable makers use rhodium and platinum platings on plugs. Every aspect of the cable makes subtle but appreciable changes to a sound chain in this case it looks like Penon took a decent cable and made it even better using that plug.
I'd bet my entire life savings that not a single person on earth could truly tell the difference.

Aug 3, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #10,712 of 13,727
I'd bet my entire life savings that not a single person on earth could truly tell the difference.
1691041339142.png

Aug 3, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #10,713 of 13,727
IMG_E4324.JPG

Thanks for the input, this pretty much seals it for me, along with the majority of votes going out to the 10th.
Your welcome, always happy to help
I wanted to go for the Space as an upgrade cable, I read it actually expands the sound space (adds air?).
Yes it does actually.
IMG_E4328.JPG

Or even not bother with upgrades at all, as Penon don't cheap out on stock cables. But seeing this Bass, omg simply aesthetical synergy here is phenomenal!
The CS cable included is already quite good by itself, yeah.
Still gonna be waiting for your thoughts on the Turbo when it gets to you, as I read it is not like any other all BA.
Could be as early as the 18th...
Oh and, what is "srp"?
Suggested retail price

IMG_E4327.JPG

I see you already got the Tail, enjoy that Massive staging!
Compact budget set, but it is such a joy to use! I even got rid of my desktop setup, as this one beats it in sound, and I don't even need all the functionality - don't have full sized headphones nor speakers no more. Soon to be living on the move, so this fits perfectly.
Oh and don't miss out on the Poweramp app, it has all the functions you can think of and the UI is perfect!
Perfect indeed...
Poweramp - for absolute Bass definition. been using this app from 2012. That's a perfect synergy in your photo there...
Neutron - Neutral tuning
UAPP - Reference tuning

Aug 3, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #10,715 of 13,727
Aug 3, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #10,717 of 13,727
Today I received new tips. The XL Spring Tips offer me the best fit so far. The graphic shows the principle effects of Spring Tips. In the area of air in particular, it seems to be exactly right. In addition, the sealing improves in my ears. I will test the Softears tonight. I have to put my review at the back first, because the perfect fit naturally changes some of the tonal impressions.
The Impact is now going on a tour of Germany and will be back with me after a long 12 weeks.

Attachments

• 20230803_164053.jpg
    20230803_164053.jpg
    938.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230803_164101.jpg
    20230803_164101.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230803_164210.jpg
    20230803_164210.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Aug 3, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #10,718 of 13,727
Keep spending money on nothing.
There is no reason to get mean spirited about this, it's a hobby with a lot of different ears and a lot of people have fun with these experiments. I get that you have your opinion, but some respect of others' here would be nice.

Aug 3, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #10,719 of 13,727
There is no reason to get mean spirited about this, it's a hobby with a lot of different ears and a lot of people have fun with these experiments. I get that you have your opinion, but some respect of others' here would be nice.
So someone is able to reply to me with a sarcastic meme, but I'm not allowed to reply in kind and state the facts? People who spend money on snake oil audiophile trickery are spending it on nothing... they simply like shiny things, similar to a fish.

Aug 3, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #10,720 of 13,727
So someone is able to reply to me with a sarcastic meme, but I'm not allowed to reply in kind and state the facts? People who spend money on snake oil audiophile trickery are spending it on nothing... they simply like shiny things, similar to a fish.
I simply said that was just your opinion, nothing more. You're the one spitting venom.
Likening users here to "fish" is indeed elitist and mean spirited.

Aug 3, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #10,721 of 13,727
Just because you think cables don't make a difference, doesn't mean it's "snake oil" (wrong use of the term btw) or that people are spending money on "nothing."

Many people know for a fact that cables do make a difference in sound quality and will keep spending money on higher quality cables, regardless of rude trolls like you claiming otherwise.

Aug 3, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #10,722 of 13,727
Ok folks this is the same argument that gets threads locked down and moderators to clean stuff up. Everyone is entitled to have thier own opinions. Some hear differences and some don't. I get it, lets all calm down. Just folks airing their thougths on the matter.

We all have varying degrees of what we hear and I certanly can't argue with folks that dont hear any changes to a sound profile using cables. Lets not accuse folks of being like "fish" or point fingers. None of that type of argument pursuades the other group of what they are hearing and or not hearing. However please post with some respect to the others that view sound differently in other words plese keep it civil folks this is a public forum.

Now back to talking about your Penon IEM experiences please.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #10,723 of 13,727
Just because you think cables don't make a difference, doesn't mean it's "snake oil" (wrong use of the term btw) or that people are spending money on "nothing."

Many people know for a fact that cables do make a difference in sound quality and will keep spending money on higher quality cables, regardless of rude trolls like you claiming otherwise.
We're discussing the plating on the headphone jack I believe, not cables.

Aug 3, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #10,724 of 13,727
We're discussing the plating on the headphone jack I believe, not cables.
Some people hear a difference with different metal plating on connectors.

Most people don't care or don't have different samples of connectors with different plating on the same cables to do extensive side by side A/B testing.

No need to call out people who think it makes a difference.

Aug 3, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #10,725 of 13,727
Some people hear a difference with different metal plating on connectors.

Most people don't care or don't have different samples of connectors with different plating on the same cables to do extensive side by side A/B testing.

No need to call out people who think it makes a difference.
People were also 'hearing' the difference between the JVC HA-FD01 metal inserts. And then someone measured them and they were all exactly the same. If people are permitted to promote something, I believe people should be permitted to challenge the claims. And as stated, I would bet my entire life savings that nobody on earth would truly be able to tell the difference between the two platings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back