The PENON official thread
Nov 23, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #3,661 of 13,712
The CS819 is a very good intro level cable for Penon. It is equivalent to cables that cost double in price but. It is no Penon Mix. I will try this pairing out tonight for you. I bet it will elevate the sound of the Serial. I have no doubts about that.

I will post a pic against other shells tonight. I took a close up pic last night so they look more bigger than what they really are. They are more compact medium in size vs being too bulky or large. They are not even close to the size of the Blessing 2 for example. They do have a similar size to the orbs. Which was not a big shell.
Much appreciated.

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #3,664 of 13,712
If I may chime in.

Penon’s unique approach to their lineup follow a theme where each and every of their IEMs/earbuds houses different driver’s configuration. None of their models are identical in that respect. A homage if you will.

As with different driver’s configuration come different flavors though the higher up the price goes, so does performances.

My humble observation as a Fan. :beyersmile:

Yeah, agree with all of the above. Nothing supersedes anything. A matter of preference (taste) too. If we're already locked in, say the Orb or the Globe - I believe we're more than good.
But the the Serial is all Dynamic, a triple D!
Penon always hit it out of the ball park.

BS1 official (I retired from ear buds, but I really love them! Throws me back in time)
Sphere, Orb, Globe, Fan - all great, more value, more bang than we paid for...

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #3,665 of 13,712
Yeah, agree with all of the above. Nothing supersedes anything. A matter of preference (taste) too. If we're already locked in, say the Orb or the Globe - I believe we're more than good.

BS1 official (I retired from ear buds, but I really love them! Throws me back in time)

You guys are making me want the Orb lol.

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #3,666 of 13,712
Each IEM in Penons line up is different with different levels of technicalities but they are all very musical sounding. Which is a house sound trait. The serial adds to the already nice line up of Penon products. It is filling the one niche in earphones that not too many have done with is a triple dynamic and with Penon tuning.

No need to hype what the Serial represents. You guys can guess the proficiency of the tuning and sound quality. The Serial fits in nicely with the stable of nicer in ears they produce. They wouldn't slap the Penon name on there if it wasn't let me put it that way.

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #3,667 of 13,712
I would have called them 3 musketeers.
1637686149271.jpeg

cuz together they kick some ass. Vs
1637686239878.jpeg
but thats just me.

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #3,669 of 13,712

The Serial also has a pretty face. :wink:

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #3,670 of 13,712
Which Penons have the most laid-back signature? Or which ones have the fuller mids?

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #3,671 of 13,712
You guys are making me want the Orb lol.
LOL
On a side Note, The Orb's Big Bass is fantabulous. Then we get to talk about the LOVELY MIDS. :darthsmile: The treble (according to my ears) is not too shabby either!
I use Spiral dots ++ they match pretty well.
Like the Sphere, but with a different flavour, they are cleverly tuned - avoiding the unpleasant mid bass bleed thro' the lower mids.
It's mind boggling on some tracks how they achieved such a feat.
Anything that @alexandros a (Bass) and @rawbine (Ambient) have is a qualifying winner in my book...

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #3,672 of 13,712
Which Penons have the most laid-back signature? Or which ones have the fuller mids?
The Orbs - relaxing nature compared to the Globe...

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #3,673 of 13,712
The Globe and FAN have full mids, especially with the grey-red tips. ePro Horns are sometimes called for as I find the fullness too much. But, I am also a huge fan of the Hana 2021 that is known for "thinner" mids. So, take my opinion with that in mind.

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #3,674 of 13,712
Do you already have the Mix?
No I don't but I'm interested in a upgraded cable. Mix or OSG but the latter is a bit expensive.

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #3,675 of 13,712
The Orbs - relaxing nature compared to the Globe...
These seem to fit my bill. Thanks. Love the transparent design also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back