The PENON official thread
Feb 7, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #12,901 of 13,835
So there you go for my Penon Quattro review:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/pe...iver-universal-iem.26959/reviews#review-32915

While i'm sincerly enjoying the unique mellow, buttery near basshead tonality of these IEM, I know it's not for treble head, neutral head as well as those that need proper upper mids and presence fowardness.
But would it be better to have overly similar musicality than the legendary Serial?
I don't think so.
For me Quattro are tonal side grade of Serial, with extra basshead fun, sweet lean mids and among most unique bass experience I have with Firaudio Xenon6 and Simgot EA1000.

THE PLUS:
-Lush, warm, smooth and bassy U shape balance
-incredible bass performance with lot of punch and rumble
-vibrant, dense and natural bass line to dig deep
-speedy yet warm and chunky mid bass
-smooth innoffensive yet captivating mid range
-wide holographic soundstage
-your in the middle of music with Quattro
-beautiful yet non shouty female vocal
-extra treble snap-brilliance within dark overall signature
-good layering capacity
-more musical than technical
-excellent cable
-generous accessories

THE MINUS:
-more musical than technical (yes its a pro and con depending who you are)
-a bit too much bass warmth-bleed
-dark overal resolution
-a bit too lean mids to offer proper macro dynamic balance
-a bit too safe treble that lack air even if we have sparkle
-source picky
-niche tonality

1707346383564.png

Feb 8, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #12,902 of 13,835
PENON RENATA (soon to be released for sale)
2 strands hand woven, cable is soft
35 cores Liquid nitrogen single crystal silver + 196 cores Furukawa silver copper alloy plated silver.
High quality PVC Shield
Litz structure
Gold-plated copper + carbon fiber plug accessories
Plug: gold-plated 3-in-1 modular (3.5mm/2.5mm/4.4mm)
Cable length is 1.2

ISN Neo 3 Universal IEM
Drivers:1 Planar Driver + 2 Dynamic Driver
1 x 5.8mm planar driver for high frequency
1 x 6mm dynamic driver for middle frequency
1 x 6mm dynamic driver for low frequency

https://penonaudio.com/ISN-Audio-NEO-3

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #12,903 of 13,835
Two sessions that were supposed to last about 30 minutes each turned into hours of being lost in Quattro yesterday and last night. That's what happens with this iem for me every time I listen. It is very addictive with musicality that soars way above its price.

Feb 8, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #12,904 of 13,835
Two sessions that were supposed to last about 30 minutes each turned into hours of being lost in Quattro yesterday and last night. That's what happens with this iem for me every time I listen. It is very addictive with musicality that soars way above its price.
That happened to me. I already loved the Quattro on the ISN C2, but changing to the ASOS cable yesterday took it to a totally new level. The bass is refined, and the separation and clarity is vastly improved, without any harshness.

Thank to @Dsnuts for the recommendation.

Feb 8, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #12,905 of 13,835
I've experienced this a few times with Quattro. I just get lost in the music and time flies by.

The longest session I had with Quattro was for an entire night, slept, then 5 more hours the next day.

Feb 8, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #12,906 of 13,835
PENON RENATA (soon to be released for sale)
2 strands hand woven, cable is soft
35 cores Liquid nitrogen single crystal silver + 196 cores Furukawa silver copper alloy plated silver.
High quality PVC Shield
Litz structure
Gold-plated copper + carbon fiber plug accessories
Plug: gold-plated 3-in-1 modular (3.5mm/2.5mm/4.4mm)
Cable length is 1.2

ISN Neo 3 Universal IEM
Drivers:1 Planar Driver + 2 Dynamic Driver
1 x 5.8mm planar driver for high frequency
1 x 6mm dynamic driver for middle frequency
1 x 6mm dynamic driver for low frequency

https://penonaudio.com/ISN-Audio-NEO-3

thats your pic mate?

seem like i settle on short wide bore eartips too for those Neo3.

but....Penon Fan2 blue eartips way lol

they just fit my ears better.

soundstage is so freakin open and multi dimentional....with improved layering that is superbly articulated....and now bass has less warmth too...and and f wow!
my kinda sweet tuning. male and female vocal will be well serve with the Neo3.
then the round chunky mid bass pounding fast but not edgy or bright way is very addictive, make me think of Quattro bass but not as...thick and rumbly. but those wide bore permit chunkier sub bass rumbly still...
the treble is fascinating too, fast speedy and snappy but not harsh or edgy, it's a hint dark in fact but i don't struggle finding the percussion which have their one space...
man. im so happy ISN and Penon tuning exist....its all about musicality and for harman hater it's the exit door we always needed.
1707436759981.png
1707436734604.png
1707436750940.png

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #12,907 of 13,835
thats your pic mate?

seem like i settle on short wide bore eartips too for those Neo3.

but....Penon Fan2 blue eartips way lol

they just fit my ears better.

soundstage is so freakin open and multi dimentional....with improved layering that is superbly articulated....and now bass has less warmth too...and and f wow!
my kinda sweet tuning. male and female vocal will be well serve with the Neo3.
then the round chunky mid bass pounding fast but not edgy or bright way is very addictive, make me think of Quattro bass but not as...thick and rumbly. but those wide bore permit chunkier sub bass rumbly still...
the treble is fascinating too, fast speedy and snappy but not harsh or edgy, it's a hint dark in fact but i don't struggle finding the percussion which have their one space...
man. im so happy ISN and Penon tuning exist....its all about musicality and for harman hater it's the exit door we always needed.1707436759981.png1707436734604.png1707436750940.png
HAHA, exit door we always needed.....so true. Yes, my pictures.

Feb 8, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #12,908 of 13,835
Edit:

Sorry wrong thread, I was wondering were this post went.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #12,909 of 13,835
Deleted

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #12,910 of 13,835
PENON OS133 TYPE-C DAC FOR IOS ANDROID

This new little DAC/Amplifier cable is 4 shares of OS133, that makes it a SPACE Cable connection from the USB DAC/Amp to the headphone socket! Lol

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #12,911 of 13,835
How do people (like Redcarmoose above) have such huge signatures?? Mine is a small fraction of the length but if I try to add even just one more line I get an error saying it's too long.

What gives?

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #12,912 of 13,835
How do people (like Redcarmoose above) have such huge signatures?? Mine is a small fraction of the length but if I try to add even just one more line I get an error saying it's too long.

What gives?
It’s one continuous signature no additional lines.

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #12,913 of 13,835

What gives?

It’s one continuous signature no additional lines.
Yea I think the limitation is on the number of line breaks you can manually add. The moose has one long line that wraps.

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #12,914 of 13,835
Thanks for the answer. Seems a little nuts that is based on "lines" and not characters.

Feb 9, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #12,915 of 13,835
Currently burning-in my new pair of Quattro, and I am already in love. :ksc75smile: I have been out of the iem game for the past year or so, as I just started preferring the grander and weightier presentation I get with full sized headphones. Well, I am happy to say this is the iem I have been dreaming of for a while now, and is exactly what I wanted the Serial to be. The Quattro is my ideal sound sig, and then some. It sounds great from my RU7 powered by my iMac 27" streaming with Roon. I closed my eyes while listening earlier and I forgot I was listening to iems several times, as they sounded like full sized headphones on certain tracks. So far, I am seriously impressed. In fact, I am so impressed I plan to get a good DAP eventually to see how much more I can squeeze out of them, as I hear some very very good sound on high gain with my RU7 dongle powered by a full sized computer, and I can only imagine how good it will sound from a more powerful source.

These iems are drop dead gorgeous, and fit my ears like a glove. I have to say the stock cable is one of the nicest cables I have ever seen, and I own and have owned quite a few very expensive aftermarket cables from big name companies. Heck, it reminds me the most of a $700 EA cable I had at one time, with its build quality and feel. Overall, this is a killer deal on a vary unique yet capable iem, with an excellent stock cable and tip selection.

I do already have a pair of Penon Orange tips of the way, and have read great things about them. I would love to know if anyone has any other recommendations or favorite tips to use on their Quattro?

Happy listening fellow Penon fans, it's good to be back!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back