The PENON official thread
Oct 27, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #3,451 of 13,732
Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #3,452 of 13,732
We just finished improving the sound for SHOZY B2, now it's SCB2. Then we are preparing to release H50. Our 3 dynamic IEM is named SERIAL, and it is estimated to go on the market in mid-November.

PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Oct 28, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #3,453 of 13,732
Ok nice..
I see you got a tube amp there :wink:
I've been watching also on tube amps for 6xx ..Myabe I just get the Volts and forget about the 6xx. If the Volt goes also well with tubes... lol maybe I won't even make the tube a consideration and might even skip the 6xx , and maximize enjoyment with the Volt.
So do you use a tube amp also for the Volt?
if u want something to up against the Volt in a full size, HD800, Meze Empyrean, Beyer T1 2g @ least
Pairing the Volts w/ tube amps transcends them to a summit level desktop sound...

I see you also got Totem cable. Will the eagle sign Electro Acousti would be also a good combo ?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007909452.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.42a44c4dr5sead
It was top rec. in headfi..
Or a silver cable such as Leo Plus would be better for the Volt?
Unfortunately, Totem It is over my budget, but I don't know maybe if @Penon will make a combo discount I will stretch a bit and buy Leo Plus. :)
I have not auditioned / own an acousti. My cable inventory majority has always been Penon, Taekyo.
The Leo Plus w/ the Volt are excellent, we have a fellow headfier pairing that combo.
For I hear a difference upon upgrading cables, The Volt Totem puts Penon among the flagship in ear headphones as well as the premium Full size. Large scale imaging, large holographic imaging - with the Penon house sound - Smooth and technical - on genuine flagship level tuning...

Oct 28, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #3,454 of 13,732
Ok, a cable question, for the Volt, Will the eagle sign Electro Acousti copper cable would be a good combo ?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007909452.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.42a44c4dr5sead
It was top rec. in headfi.
Unfortunately, Totem It is over my budget, but I don't know maybe if @Penon will make a combo discount I will stretch a bit and buy Leo Plus. :)
I’d love to chip in here a little. Although I don’t have the Volt but I do have the CEMA CS Litz UPOCC you linked.

It is a great lightweight cable that I use on my Fan, a sublime combo I must say.

To sample the Totem, you could get their pigtail adapter to use with the Leo Plus and I’m certain it will pairs well. It is also very affordable compared to the complete cable.

Oct 28, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #3,455 of 13,732
Thanks really appreciate this .After what you mentioned, I will first buy and test the Volt with it before consider any cable rolling.
Because I have already the CEMA cable above - I use it with tripowin tc-01 for it lowers nicely the high peaks.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #3,456 of 13,732
I’d love to chip in here a little. Although I don’t have the Volt but I do have the CEMA CS Litz UPOCC you linked.

It is a great lightweight cable that I use on my Fan, a sublime combo I must say.

To sample the Totem, you could get their pigtail adapter to use with the Leo Plus and I’m certain it will pairs well. It is also very affordable compared to the complete cable.
I concur. Sometimes I use the pigtail on other sets. They surprisingly influence the sound.

Oct 28, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #3,457 of 13,732
Ok, a cable question, for the Volt, Will the eagle sign Electro Acousti copper cable would be a good combo ?
It was top rec. in headfi.

Volt w/ Leo plus
IMG_20210517_224024.jpg

u can order the totem pigtail...
1635407172892.png

Oct 28, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #3,458 of 13,732
Thanks really appreciate this .After what you mentioned, I will first buy and test the Volt with it before consider any cable rolling.
Because I have already the CEMA cable above - I use it with tripowin tc-01 for it lowers nicely the high peaks.

The CS did wonders for the Fan particularly the bass and midrange while the treble characteristics were retained. I couldn’t asked for more really. Neotech copper is indeed top notch.

Besides Leo Plus there’s also the Flow for your consideration. :dt880smile:

DC49D898-24FD-4A8A-ACFC-B547CB659AC5.jpeg

I concur. Sometimes I use the pigtail on other sets. They surprisingly influence the sound.

I use mine very often and the difference though subtle is very real.

50383A3B-F2DC-4CE5-9149-96C52C42B83F.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #3,460 of 13,732
Is anyone able to compare the original Leo, Leo Plus and/or Flow cables in terms of sound? I have OG Leo from a few years ago and still love the extra air and detail it brings. Are the newer two worth the upgrade?

Oct 29, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #3,461 of 13,732
Leo plus has a palladium coating which will enhance a pure silver earphone with even better imaging and precision and I noticed the Leo plus does not lean out the bass end of IEMs like pure silver cables can do at times.

The Flow is a thicker silver cable which actually helps retain body of sound from most iems with the added effects of silver. Both should show incremental advances from the standard pure silver cable which the Leo pretty much is.

I have both the Leo plus and Flow cables and will have the standard Leo today actually. Will let you know if that is indeed what the differences are.

Oct 29, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #3,462 of 13,732
Leo plus has a palladium coating which will enhance a pure silver earphone with even better imaging and precision and I noticed the Leo plus does not lean out the bass end of IEMs like pure silver cables can do at times.

The Flow is a thicker silver cable which actually helps retain body of sound from most iems with the added effects of silver. Both should show incremental advances from the standard pure silver cable which the Leo pretty much is.

I have both the Leo plus and Flow cables and will have the standard Leo today actually. Will let you know if that is indeed what the differences are.

Thanks! Please do report back when you’ve had some time with your Leo. I don’t know of many people who still have it. My Leo does a fairly decent job with bass body, as you also noted with the Leo Plus so while I’m sure there are incremental differences, it will be interesting to hear your take on just how far apart they are.

Oct 29, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #3,463 of 13,732
We just finished improving the sound for SHOZY B2, now it's SCB2. Then we are preparing to release H50. Our 3 dynamic IEM is named SERIAL, and it is estimated to go on the market in mid-November.
Instantly at the top of my interest list.

Oct 30, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #3,464 of 13,732

Serial? Not dramatic enough. How about 3Dpio or 3D base or D3licious or Dim3nsions?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #3,465 of 13,732
@Penon Any idea about H50 and “Serial” prices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back