The PENON official thread
Jul 23, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #2,881 of 13,653
Courtesy Penon Fb page...

Yanyin Aladdin Hybrid HiFi Audiophile IEM

The low frequency is controlled by the 9.2mm biological diaphragm articulator, which is characterized by good sense of loose atmosphere, excellent transient performance, and good diving texture at low frequency.
The middle frequency is handled by two independent mid-high frequency balanced armature driver of the ED series.
The high frequency details are outstanding and the resolution is excellent. The middle frequency is full and emotional, with clear, smooth and steady.
A custom dynamic is responsible for the ultra-high frequency,

1626943623999.png

btw the super tweeter spec has been changed to a BA receiver...

Jul 23, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #2,884 of 13,653
usd.345. tbr this week or early next per the fb post...
Thanks @ehjie. Interesting to see the Aladdin ultra highs handled by a dynamic, bucking the electrostat trend. EDIT: Has this changed to BA? I look forward to final configuration and ?reviews.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #2,885 of 13,653
Thanks @ehjie. Interesting to see the Aladdin ultra highs handled by a dynamic, bucking the electrostat trend. EDIT: Has this changed to BA? I look forward to final configuration and ?reviews.
Interested to hear this too. Their long description starts with "1 dd and 3 ba" but ends by saying a special dynamic for treble. Perhaps they changed plans at that lowered the price to 245USD? I would love to hear impressions as soon as someone tries them, just a Russian language video is all I can find so far.

Edit: Really bad typos. Lots.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #2,886 of 13,653
literature from the Penon page:
"A custom dynamic is responsible for the ultra-high frequency, so that the frequency response range reaches an astonishing ____ , which increases the extensibility and sense of space" - i dropped the rated frequency rating, it;s beyond my (and most human) hearing range. Nowadays, i'm maxxed out @ 16.5 khz range
it's a dd actually @ the time of reply
Their reply to my comment and one other said $245 both times (they replied today). Very attractively priced in my opinion.
Well, i'd stand corrected. Lower price is better for all of us, lol...

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #2,887 of 13,653
literature from the Penon page:
"A custom dynamic is responsible for the ultra-high frequency
Edit: hadn't meant to send yet, still stuck on mobile, it's driving me up the wall.

Screenshot is from their Facebook announcement of the product. Seems like it's split into two main sections that repeat content, like they pasted a newer draft after/before an earlier one. The second section talks about only one DD and how it's for low end. No idea which is more up to date.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-141033.png
    Screenshot_20210723-141033.png
    437 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #2,888 of 13,653
Jul 23, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #2,889 of 13,653
How time flies!
per the poster date, 06 July 2020...
Sweet thing.jpg

Jul 25, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #2,890 of 13,653
Jul 29, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #2,891 of 13,653
Folks that are interested in the Yanyin Aladdin I just posted an impression and started their own thread. These are significant folks. They sound a lot like my Ibasso IT07s for 1/4th the price which is nuts. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/yanyin-discussion-thread.958874/

Join us on this thread and watch the magic happen these are gonna garner a following.

Jul 30, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #2,893 of 13,653
Has anyone ever sent a product under warranty to penon audio? They received my product over a month ago and for every inquiry I get a reply that after shipment they will write with the tracking number, but is there nothing to worry about? Does it usually take that long?

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #2,894 of 13,653
Guys, how long did it take for your Volt to get delivered? Mine seems stuck in Germany at Fedex's facility..."delay beyond our control" it says in the status.
It happens. Fedex is not as fast as before. Mine was more than 2 weeks! almost 3. There's message - package returned to their facility, cannot be delivered.
I got very nervous! And filed a formal complaint, via telephone call. Was nerve racking!
As much as possible I avoid Fedex, in favour of DHL. Expensive, sure. but they their delivery 1 week or less...

Jul 30, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #2,895 of 13,653
Has anyone ever sent a product under warranty to penon audio? They received my product over a month ago and for every inquiry I get a reply that after shipment they will write with the tracking number, but is there nothing to worry about? Does it usually take that long?

I sent back a cable under warranty. Did not hear from them that they received it, I had to check tracking and enquire with them. After confirming they received it, was simple waiting game for them to assess it and send a replacement. It's not a quick process but there were no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back