The PENON official thread
Jul 30, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #2,896 of 13,652
Has anyone ever sent a product under warranty to penon audio? They received my product over a month ago and for every inquiry I get a reply that after shipment they will write with the tracking number, but is there nothing to worry about? Does it usually take that long?

I have received warranty replacements from them in the past, they use regular mail by default. I would recommend to pay for express RETURN shipping or be willing to wait a month or more due to global snail mail during Covid. They are good with replacements though, they won't leave you hanging. Covid mail is sloooow.

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #2,897 of 13,652
Has anyone ever sent a product under warranty to penon audio? They received my product over a month ago and for every inquiry I get a reply that after shipment they will write with the tracking number, but is there nothing to worry about? Does it usually take that long?
There may be some unforeseeable event. i,e, natural calamity, NO stock replacement in shop, etc.
I wouldn't worry about this...

Jul 31, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #2,898 of 13,652
It happens. Fedex is not as fast as before. Mine was more than 2 weeks! almost 3. There's message - package returned to their facility, cannot be delivered.
I got very nervous! And filed a formal complaint, via telephone call. Was nerve racking!
As much as possible I avoid Fedex, in favour of DHL. Expensive, sure. but they their delivery 1 week or less...
I can wait, that's no problem. My only fear was the package getting returned because of lazy people at the various customs offices who can't read an address correctly..had that happen in the past.
Anyway, I got in touch with Penon. There's some logistics delays due to reduced flights so my package is waiting to board the plane :p

Jul 31, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #2,901 of 13,652
I can wait, that's no problem. My only fear was the package getting returned because of lazy people at the various customs offices who can't read an address correctly..had that happen in the past.
Anyway, I got in touch with Penon. There's some logistics delays due to reduced flights so my package is waiting to board the plane :p
Great! Please wait for a little while longer. It's worth the very long wait. Meanwhile, this spin is dedicated to all of us...
IMG_20210731_114756.jpg

A2

Aug 2, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #2,902 of 13,652
Penon Volt Impressions

This is a rant-turned Glad post.
Volt got delivered 2 weeks back.
OOTB impressions were meh to avg based on genre.
Paired it with Lotoo PAW S1 and in high gain mode... They sounded ok-ish....

It started to open up bit by bit...After 75hrs of burn-in... Oh my... I'm enjoying what I hear..
This is with the included cable& other accessories... And Yes with burn-in Volt shines(actually more than that... :))

Yet to pair with Totem adaptor & OS 849 I purchased based on recommendations from @Dsnuts .... :gs1000smile:

On this note... I want to thank head-fi reviewers and experts... Specially @Dsnuts @ehjie @Ace Bee

Aug 2, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #2,903 of 13,652
Penon Volt Impressions

It started to open up bit by bit...After 75hrs of burn-in... Oh my... I'm enjoying what I hear..
This is with the included cable& other accessories... And Yes with burn-in Volt shines(actually more than that... :))

Yet to pair with Totem adaptor & OS 849 I purchased based on recommendations from @Dsnuts .... :gs1000smile:

On this note... I want to thank head-fi reviewers and experts... Specially @Dsnuts @ehjie @Ace Bee
CONGRATS! Thank you for the trust!
I treat everyone here as family.
I know how it is in this hobby, a buck is a buck, entry level, mid level or summit-fi touching the heavens level.
Wait till you go past the 150 hour mark, you'll be more surprised. I am taking my time, but I stay very focused on what I hear.
The Volts may take some time firing up "all the cylinders", they're 7 drivers/receivers of 3 types each side after all, for me that's understandable.
Your S1 is powerful enough for them, it'll Sing for you on ANY genre.
Let it break in very well, you'll hear it for yourself soon...

1627933508794.png

Aug 3, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #2,904 of 13,652
Penon Volt Impressions

Glad that you love it...but do not put me in the same line with Dsnuts and ehjie :sweat_smile: they are far more experienced in this field :L3000:

Aug 3, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #2,905 of 13,652
Glad that you love it...but do not put me in the same line with Dsnuts and ehjie :sweat_smile: they are far more experienced in this field :L3000:
LOL

Aug 3, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #2,906 of 13,652
It's coming here

Aug 3, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #2,908 of 13,652
CONGRATS! Thank you for the trust!
I treat everyone here as family.
I know how it is in this hobby, a buck is a buck, entry level, mid level or summit-fi touching the heavens level.
Wait till you go past the 150 hour mark, you'll be more surprised. I am taking my time, but I stay very focused on what I hear.
The Volts may take some time firing up "all the cylinders", they're 7 drivers/receivers of 3 types each side after all, for me that's understandable.
Your S1 is powerful enough for them, it'll Sing for you on ANY genre.
Let it break in very well, you'll hear it for yourself soon...

1627933508794.png
I can second that! The Volts take time to get to their best selves but once they do, they're pretty awesome. Also I'd definitely recommend pairing them with the Totem (like @ehjie) or OSG. Both give the Volts different, but equally satisfying, sonic flavours. If you prefer a big stage, dynamics and microdetail, go with the Totem. If you prefer a more intimate, relaxed, centred image go with the OSG.

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #2,910 of 13,652

Users who are viewing this thread

Back