The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Feb 12, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #2,701 of 2,849
So first of all a huge thanks to Dsnuts and MalVeaux and this whole thread for turning me on to these amazing headphones. So I need some advice. I received the HTF600s a week or two ago and I've probably logged about 10 hours of listening time. Up until today all that listening had been done on my HP laptop. It has the stock sound card (I don't know the name) but I was using to built in SRS audio which greatly helped improve the sound. But today I received my 32g Zune hd from being repaired. Upon listening, I couldn't help to notice that the sound had this "veil" or "blanket" over the sound. I guess my question is: is this caused by the headphones need for burn in or do you guys think it could be an effect of the Zune's stock eq? I also wanted to know if the HTF600s would benefit from an amp? If so what would you recommend? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #2,702 of 2,849
These were terrible for me mine lasted 6 months the left speaker just went on it's own and the right side band cracked and snapped just through careful usage.
Great sound but terrible build quality and quality control.

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #2,703 of 2,849
Quote:
These were terrible for me mine lasted 6 months the left speaker just went on it's own and the right side band cracked and snapped just through careful usage.
Great sound but terrible build quality and quality control.

Send that back to Panasonic for repair. They will more than likely send you a new pair of much more expensive headphones.

Feb 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #2,704 of 2,849
Quote:
These were terrible for me mine lasted 6 months the left speaker just went on it's own...

Quote:
Send that back to Panasonic for repair. They will more than likely send you a new pair of much more expensive headphones.

The same thing happened to me. I wouldn't say they were terrible; for $30 I was okay with their sound. The real problem is that sending them in for warranty is not even worth it because shipping is half the cost of a new pair. =/

I replaced them with some more durable Sennheisers. 

Feb 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #2,705 of 2,849
Quote:

The same thing happened to me. I wouldn't say they were terrible; for $30 I was okay with their sound. The real problem is that sending them in for warranty is not even worth it because shipping is half the cost of a new pair. =/

I replaced them with some more durable Sennheisers. 

I paid $7 shipping and got these back,new in package.

http://www.amazon.com/Technics-PAN-RP-DH1200-DJ-HEADPHONES/dp/B0002EXJPM

Mar 26, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #2,707 of 2,849
Hi everyone. Sorry for pumping this up. I'm planning to purchase this fantastic headphone. I have searched and I saw there are two names of this Pana can. The 'Panasonic RP-HTF600-S' and the 'Panasonic RP-HTF600' without 'S' at the end. So are these the same headphone or they are different?

Thanks a lot!

Mar 26, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #2,708 of 2,849
Quote:
Hi everyone. Sorry for pumping this up. I'm planning to purchase this fantastic headphone. I have searched and I saw there are two names of this Pana can. The 'Panasonic RP-HTF600-S' and the 'Panasonic RP-HTF600' without 'S' at the end. So are these the same headphone or they are different?

Thanks a lot!

I'm pretty sure they are the same.

Usually when a headphone has an -S at the end it means it has a straight cable, but I don't think the htf600 has any other versions

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #2,709 of 2,849
I just got these this morning and so far can't hear the hype. The bass was raved about by so many bassheads but I feel like it's nothing amazing. My main pair of headphones are the AD700's and god knows those are bass light; But the Panasonics dont sound like much of an improvement. Will they improve with time or am I just looking for too much?

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #2,710 of 2,849
Quote:

Thanks a lot!

There are two names written on the back of the box usually, Panasonic RP-HTF600S or Panasonic RP-HTF600E-S. One lot is sold in Europe and Asia, the other in US, but the product it's identical. It's just a logistical thing.

Being in Europe i have the Panasonic RP-HTF600E-S type of package, but on the cans itself and on the front of the package it only says Panasonic RP-HTF600 (no S or E-S)

Mar 26, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #2,711 of 2,849
Quote:
I just got these this morning and so far can't hear the hype. The bass was raved about by so many bassheads but I feel like it's nothing amazing. My main pair of headphones are the AD700's and god knows those are bass light; But the Panasonics dont sound like much of an improvement. Will they improve with time or am I just looking for too much?

Keep listening!

What type of songs did you listen so far?

Try some bass heavy song like this:

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #2,714 of 2,849
Quote:

These cans are not basshead cans IMO. They are not beats, XB500's, etc. They have a good amount of bass, great soundstage, great feel, great sound for the price, but again, they don't pound.

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #2,715 of 2,849
Quote:
These cans are not basshead cans IMO. They are not beats, XB500's, etc. They have a good amount of bass, great soundstage, great feel, great sound for the price, but again, they don't pound.

With amplification and EQ they most certainly are basshead cans and pound.  

I have two different rigs that I've tried them with - first is my main listening setup which has a Magni and ZO double amp combo (so of course the bass is powerful) but even on my computer rig which is laptop to Fiio D-5 DAC into my Indeed G-3 with bass boost switched on, these thump darn well.  

Anyway, I also have Beyer velour pads but I doubt they affect the bass in any way, but I rank these up there with my other basshead phones (see list in my sig). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back