The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Sep 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #2,614 of 2,849
Just got my pair and initial impression with zero burn in are it sounds pretty decent. Has a clear sound with an above average soundstage. Bass extension is good but bass quantity and impact are lacking. Going to burn it in with some bass heavy music for a couple of hours so hopefully the bass will increase after that.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using Voodoo Magic.

Sep 15, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #2,616 of 2,849
I have never thought they lacked at all in bass quantity at all in fact they are well known for their bass . It could be a bit tighter but it's really decent for an open enclosure and the price.

Sep 16, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #2,617 of 2,849
Quote:
I have never thought they lacked at all in bass quantity at all in fact they are well known for their bass . It could be a bit tighter but it's really decent for an open enclosure and the price.

They weren't as bassy as I thought they would be when I got them, but they don't lack.

I think the Superlux HD681 MIGHT go deeper in the bass then the Pannies but I haven't been able to find a frequency response graph for the pannies to compare.

Sep 16, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #2,618 of 2,849
Quote:
They weren't as bassy as I thought they would be when I got them, but they don't lack.

I think the Superlux HD681 MIGHT go deeper in the bass then the Pannies but I haven't been able to find a frequency response graph for the pannies to compare.

Yea that may very well be a valid observation, the Pannies to roll-off quite a bit in the subbass especially around 40Hz and deeper. While I haven't found a FR graph of the HTF600 my ears thinks it would sound roughly like the Monoprice 8323 DJ FR measurement by Tyll.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/Monoprice8323.pdf

This graph just fits so well with HTF600's sound based on my longtime experience of EQing and comparing graphs etc. I thought it was the most forward in the midrange especially at 1kHz which also fits perfectly which this graph at which I felt it was important to lower 1kHz just one notch to allow for better detail retrieval in the midrange as the surrounding frequencies would come out better and it also shows it would start rolling off there in the bass around 40-50Hz which is along the lines what I percieved as well and it also shows that the upper-mids is lower in comparision to "mid-mids" which also what I heard very well as well as the highs overall being also slightly veiled in comparision to lower-midrange which also fits perfectly along the lines how I EQd HTF600 with a slight boost in the 4kHz - 16kHz range and I also gave it slight bump at 500Hz which again is another thing that perfectly makes sense looking at the above 8323 graph.

For comparision my HTF600 EQ settings were:

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #2,619 of 2,849
anyone any experience with amazon uk I bought mine and am trying to return them yet amazon for some reason seem to have made up their own laws ? stating that I don't get a warranty if the items over 6 months old ?? isn't the law that it's 12 months with retailer and then you contact the manu ?

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #2,620 of 2,849
Quote:

Yea that may very well be a valid observation, the Pannies to roll-off quite a bit in the subbass especially around 40Hz and deeper. While I haven't found a FR graph of the HTF600 my ears thinks it would sound roughly like the Monoprice 8323 DJ FR measurement by Tyll.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/Monoprice8323.pdf

This graph just fits so well with HTF600's sound based on my longtime experience of EQing and comparing graphs etc. I thought it was the most forward in the midrange especially at 1kHz which also fits perfectly which this graph at which I felt it was important to lower 1kHz just one notch to allow for better detail retrieval in the midrange as the surrounding frequencies would come out better and it also shows it would start rolling off there in the bass around 40-50Hz which is along the lines what I percieved as well and it also shows that the upper-mids is lower in comparision to "mid-mids" which also what I heard very well as well as the highs overall being also slightly veiled in comparision to lower-midrange which also fits perfectly along the lines how I EQd HTF600 with a slight boost in the 4kHz - 16kHz range and I also gave it slight bump at 500Hz which again is another thing that perfectly makes sense looking at the above 8323 graph.

For comparision my HTF600 EQ settings were:

I noticed the bass on my 681 seemed more low and rumbly at times then the pannies. but the pannies have more oomph

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #2,622 of 2,849
Quote:
Hi currently I have Alessandro MS1 and I am thinking of getting new cans  . Can someone please do a comparison between these and MS1 in terms of bass response also how do these compare to Sony MDR V6.

the Sonys have a more natural sound and are fulled closed back, the pannies have a coloured sound and are slightly open. I think the Sony might have a more boring thinner sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back