The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Aug 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #2,596 of 2,849
Quote:
I 100% disagree. The Sennhieser MX200 are earbuds that sound horrible. Not sure what AKG K 307's are either. The soundstage on these is very nice. Bottom end is heavy albeit it a tad loose, mids are somewhat recessed and highs are rolled off but are clean and not fatiguing at all. Not many other $30 headphones with as good as sound as this.

yea, that was funny...  Even the more upscale MX270 and 370 are decent, but they sound way diferent than these HTF600.
Completly diferent sound.

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #2,603 of 2,849
I have two hooks on the wall by my computer where I hang my headphones. Went into my computer room the other day and my right earpiece was dangling from my Panasonics while it was hung on the hook. Apparently my 18mo old got ahold of them and broke them. So I just ordered another pair. They are $29 at amazon right now and I absolutely love these. I hated the stock pads and was using the Sony MDR-V6 pads. I also ordered the Beyerdynamic DT250 Velour pads as well. Hope they are really nice! Sidenote: he also "broke" my Vmoda Crossfade LPs which I thought were a tank. One of the rivets broke, the piece still holds in place pretty well and the headphones are still plenty useable but still frustrating none the less.

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #2,604 of 2,849
Quote:
I have two hooks on the wall by my computer where I hang my headphones. Went into my computer room the other day and my right earpiece was dangling from my Panasonics while it was hung on the hook. Apparently my 18mo old got ahold of them and broke them. So I just ordered another pair. They are $29 at amazon right now and I absolutely love these. I hated the stock pads and was using the Sony MDR-V6 pads. I also ordered the Beyerdynamic DT250 Velour pads as well. Hope they are really nice! Sidenote: he also "broke" my Vmoda Crossfade LPs which I thought were a tank. One of the rivets broke, the piece still holds in place pretty well and the headphones are still plenty useable but still frustrating none the less.

That stinks. Don't throw them away. Keep them for parts should you need a replacement driver or such.

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #2,605 of 2,849
My pannies are still holding up well after 3 and a half months. I'm surprised. Honestly the build quality feels a little scary but I have been really rough with them and tossed them around and they still work. If they still work by Christmas I'm going to buy some velour pads for them along with a new Superlux HD681.

I'm going to use the 681 mainly for gaming and some of my less dynamically compressed/faster music and my Pannies for single player/fun gaming and more bassy electro music.

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #2,607 of 2,849
Quote:
har-700 sound better head to head

I think the JVC HA-RX-700 sound very close to the Panasonics. They have a slight edge in bass but lack the soundstage width due to their closed back. Both killer deals. It's been said they share the same driver. They certainly sound very similar and the JVC's are built better IMO.

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #2,608 of 2,849
Quote:
I think the JVC HA-RX-700 sound very close to the Panasonics. They have a slight edge in bass but lack the soundstage width due to their closed back. Both killer deals. It's been said they share the same driver. They certainly sound very similar and the JVC's are built better IMO.

the pannies are a bit more comfortable too, they let in more air to keep your ears from getting hot and they aren't as bulky or heavy as the JVC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back