The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Feb 17, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #2,101 of 2,849
It is unfortunate that these Panasonics are not the norm. Usually if manufacturers know they got some good sound happening with their headphones they will charge accordingly. Now these Panasonics. If Panasonic was serious about the headphone game they can improve the build and actually charge a bit more I still think there would be many that would buy them. I only wish they would check out this thread to see how many of us have purchased these. 

I only wish Panasonic would make improvements and make newer headphones with better build and even tweek the sound a bit more. They can charge more. I would be the first in line to buy one.. Enjoy your new $30 cans.

Feb 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #2,102 of 2,849
I got these headphones for christmas and they are great, I absolutley love the sound (especially the bass :wink:. A coulple weeks ago I started to notice that sometimes sound would only come out of the left ear cup but if I wiggled the jack a little bit they would start to work fine. Yesterday the sound started to sound very quiet and now sometimes no sound comes out at all :frowning2:. I also noticed that instead of a gold color the jack is now basically silver with a bit of a gold tint to it. I also noticed the jack does not fit very snugly into the ports at all now. Any ideas? Replace the jack? E-mail panasonic? 

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #2,107 of 2,849

Quote:
Can anyone compare them to the RX700?

I have them both.

The HTF600 are a bit more engaging. The mids are more forward....highs a bit crisper.....bass a touch more enhanced.

The HTF600 is not fast paced....it's more warm and mellow.

I would describe the HARX700 as a more balanced can. Not as much fun but still a nice can.

It also depends on your source. I can plug the HARX700 into my big rig and get ehhh sound.....vocals are recessed....bass impact is low.....highs aren't very defined

Plug them into my computer rig and bob my head in extreme satisfaction.

If you already have the HARX700 get the HTF 600.....they aren't built as well but they are a can worth having if you consider budget cans.

I'm still not sure why people are calling these bass head cans though......I actually don't think they can take the abuse of bass heavy music and I don't listen to any type of (c)RAp, EDM or Dubstep or any genre with lots of electronically generated bass.....the drivers will blow out.

I don't use them on my computer rig because of this flaw.....I just use them on smooth Jazz and Fusion Rock type recordings.....certain Metal recordings....notice I said recordings and not genres....since some recordings don't fare too well so I just choose the headphone for the album I'm listening to.

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #2,108 of 2,849

Quote:
Anyone know where to get these in Canada? This is the only site I found http://www.techdepotcanada.com/servlet/the-103453/Panasonic-DJ-Headphones/Detail any others selling them any cheaper? I can get them for $50 and change from there after shipping.

You should google that site. I was also considering buying from there too but after finding a thread about it on readflagdeals being completely shady; I just went with amazon.com. I can see it's $36~ USD now so it'll costs 56~ USD to ship to you. And you're sure to receive it in the mail compared to techdepot.

For reference: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/techdepot-canada-reviews-759798/

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #2,109 of 2,849

Quote:
I'm still not sure why people are calling these bass head cans though......I actually don't think they can take the abuse of bass heavy music and I don't listen to any type of (c)RAp, EDM or Dubstep or any genre with lots of electronically generated bass.....the drivers will blow out.

I don't use them on my computer rig because of this flaw.....I just use them on smooth Jazz and Fusion Rock type recordings.....certain Metal recordings....notice I said recordings and not genres....since some recordings don't fare too well so I just choose the headphone for the album I'm listening to.

Are you referring to the harx700 or the htf-600?

Quote:
You should google that site. I was also considering buying from there too but after finding a thread about it on readflagdeals being completely shady; I just went with amazon.com. I can see it's $36~ USD now so it'll costs 56~ USD to ship to you. And you're sure to receive it in the mail compared to techdepot.

For reference: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/techdepot-canada-reviews-759798/

Thanks for the heads up. 

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #2,110 of 2,849

Quote:
Can anyone compare them to the RX700?

I have them both as well. I find the RX700s much more enjoyable to listen with than the Panasonics. The Rx700s has this crisp sound that the Pannys do not have. That is the sound I prefer. Balanced and crisp. This is possibly the reason I am not so fond of the Panasonics as others are. I do not like the dark sound of these headphones. I think bass is a strong point of the Panasonics and some genres such as electronic can be somewhat fun to listen to but the warmth is something I can't get past.  Maybe thats why I prefer the KSC75s in comparison to the Portapros (which are hyped big time). Build quality of the Rx700s is much better than the pannys also but be warned that the cans are huge. I have four budget cans (all mentioned above) and the JVC RX700 is king .  The majority here like the pannys so take what you want out this. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #2,112 of 2,849
Would anyone be able to comment on how the PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S compares to the CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1300 gaming headset? I know it's a gaming headset with the built-in mic, but I do need a mic, and I figure I can just get a clip-on one with the Panny's... but my question is about the sound performance from both of these, and if the Corsair set would be superior? They are quite a bit more expensive.

confused.gif

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #2,113 of 2,849
Well I don't know anyone here that owns both. Now the Corsair is a dedicated gaming headphone so if you need a headphone with mic those seem to be a nice option with a nice solid build. I am sure the sound qualities of them are nice n flat with a good amount of detail needed for gaming. Now this is just speculation on my part. I do own the Thermaltake 50mm Spin gaming headphones and I am just guessing how these corsairs will sound.  If you game more than listen to music and need more isolation the Corsairs for $70 online look like a solid choice. 

Now if you listen to music as much as game. The HTF600s are good all rounders as they will perform for any headphone needs. Gaming, music or movies. I am willing to bet you the Panasonics will have superior fidelity for music but you have to look at what you need a headphone for. If it is mostly gaming I would try out those corsairs. If it is mostly music the HTF600s.

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #2,114 of 2,849
It's probably a healthy mixture of the two LOL! I prefer the look of the Panasonics, and having a separate headphone/mic setup may be useful in certain instances. I'm not averse to the clip-on option, and lots of people seem to go this route with the HTF600s and are very happy with it. I'm actually in the UK, so prices are a bit different here, but it equates to about $30 more for the Corsairs vs the HTF600s including a clip-on mic.

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #2,115 of 2,849
Ya if you split gaming and music 50/50. The HTF600s are a safe bet. Now the only real issue with these is how much sound they leak. They are a semi open design so isolation will not be all that great but I am willing to bet you these HTF600s will have a better sound/ better acoustics and bass over them corsairs... I use a cheapo Zalman clip on mic myself and that works just fine for vent chat. Save yourself the money and try the HTF600 out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back