The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Nov 24, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #1,501 of 2,849

Quote:
Don't worry about bass, I listen with mine on like level 4-5 bass boost on ZO2 amp and it hasn't damaged it whatsoever. Maybe a piece of hair has found its way to the driver that has pierced through the very soft foam (happened once very early for me). But that Lady Gaga's newest album is really loudly recorded, to the clipping point, I could detect some minor clipping at least on some of the tracks on that album with any headphone.

Whattt?!? Yours don't distort like crazy when they're up that high?

My Ipod touch on the standard aux cable with the eq on bb and the bb on the fiio e5, at 3/4 vol, on a bassy song the headphones start to distort.

And yeah, no low power amp will hurt these with a max of 1500mw power handling...the fiio e11 is only rated at 300mw at 16ohms and I have PLENTY of headroom on that.

Nov 24, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #1,502 of 2,849

Quote:
Whattt?!? Yours don't distort like crazy when they're up that high?

My Ipod touch on the standard aux cable with the eq on bb and the bb on the fiio e5, at 3/4 vol, on a bassy song the headphones start to distort.

And yeah, no low power amp will hurt these with a max of 1500mw power handling...the fiio e11 is only rated at 300mw at 16ohms and I have PLENTY of headroom on that.

No, I can put ZO on the max level and it won't distort. But there won't be a big difference on lvl32 than lvl 5 or so with these headphones.

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #1,504 of 2,849
Okay..I ordered a second pair so I'll feel comfortable modding the heck out of my first pair
L3000.gif

I accept that the number of users here giving a
beerchug.gif
to these cans must mean they are worth the current $35 out the door price.

Yes, I have a pair already but I'm not audiophile..My ears say yes but my experience is limited to Senn PX-100s(which I love and will probably but another pair..this time the Senn MM60s since they are the same and are under $40) ,JVC-HARX700s(which did seem good and no punch like these cans..just not as FUN..I cannot explain why I love these Pans so much) and a pair of Metro Fi 220s.

Amazon has the $20 velour pads back in stock..well, in the marketplace fullfilled by them..which is nice..

Okay..thanks everyone and please correct my bold highlighted text if I am wrong on this..

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #1,506 of 2,849

Quote:
The HTF890s are completely different. Open and similar to the AD700 but with bass. I like my pair but some don't like them as much..If your into bass heavy tunes I would stick to the HTF600s. HTF890 are bass light compared to them.

Quote:

It seems parts of some of her songs are actually recorded like that - weather its for artistic effect, or accidental I'm not sure...

evanescence lies or their FALLEN cd..I can make these distort..Also Some track like Blackened and others on Metallica's Justice cd..Also Heart's--Barracuda--These are all flac files..Ripped by me

This is using a Fuze v2 with an E6 amp bass boost(red) or the mid bass boost(blue) and EQ boost in a V pattern on the Sansa..with highest and lowest maxed..

This is the way I listen to these songs so I am not intentionally trying to make them distort..I need to back the gain off a bit on the E6 on some songs..

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #1,508 of 2,849

Quote:
Quote:
After many hours of burn-in and use, I can safely say these are not for me. Gaming and movies are fine with them, and the reason I might end up keeping them, but I find listening to music through them to be an unpleasant, muddy, congested mess.

Try the mods I've described here, near the end of the page.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/571005/the-panasonic-rp-htf600-s-headphones-more-fun-than-the-hd650/1365

Then decide if you still hear an unpleasant, muddy, congested mess.
wink_face.gif

Hey, when you put in the felt did you remove the cloth cover from the back driver vents first? or did you leave it in? I'm also curious as whether you tried out putting in cotton as someone else suggested. 

Nov 27, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #1,509 of 2,849

Quote:

No, I can put ZO on the max level and it won't distort. But there won't be a big difference on lvl32 than lvl 5 or so with these headphones.

Is that comparable to a fiio e11?

Also, dyanamatting the entire can, closing up all vents on the CAN and opening 3 vents on the back of the DRIVER makes these things rediculous. I wish my head was bigger so it would create a better seal :frowning2:

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #1,510 of 2,849
Has anyone compared the 560s to the 600s?
I am right now..and the 600s aren't burned yet..Out of the box they are a bit flat..I don't know the correct terms for this so bear with me on this post.

The 560s do distort at max volume..On more than a few tracks from various artist I must back off the gain on the E6 a good amount..I know source and everything matters..but same source files(all flac) and setting on my fuze and E6 my px-100s and even my metro fi 220 do not distort..they become a bit unbearable and the sound is less clear or whatever..but they do not distort the bass.
The 600s the same..they can handle everything I throw at it..

I'm not sure if the drivers are diff or its the inside padding and such..but the 560s distort at about 85% on volume on many tracks with fuze + E6..The 600s do not..

The 560 sound way better other than this..The mids and Highs on the 600 at this point do not exist....I'm hoping it's just burn in and not a diff sound.

Anyway..I'm clearly not an audiophile..but my ears work fine..I do not know the best way to describe what I'm hearing..

Has anyone else compared the 560s and the 600s?

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #1,511 of 2,849
I'm one of early followers on this headphone. It was fun and I enjoyed it a lot. This changed at the moment my HD600 arrived. The sound from HD600 is the real sound, the sound you should hear in a concert hall. The sound from htf600s is reproduced sound, the sound you should expect from decent speakers. I'm done here. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #1,512 of 2,849

Quote:
I'm one of early followers on this headphone. It was fun and I enjoyed it a lot. This changed at the moment my HD600 arrived. The sound from HD600 is the real sound, the sound you should hear in a concert hall. The sound from htf600s is reproduced sound, the sound you should expect from decent speakers. I'm done here. 

Uhm.

"Fun" and "HD650" are the keywords.

But to be fair to you, Dsnuts took Malveau's comments and published it as the general accepted opinion on these HTF600s, which is a little misleading. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #1,513 of 2,849
What would a good pretty cheap amp to power these for my iPod or Android phone(Inspire), I was looking into some FiiO's but not sure how well they would do. But my sound gets distorted at high levels but only on my portables so what should I try out? price range 0-50$, or else ill go with ZO v2.

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #1,514 of 2,849

Quote:
What would a good pretty cheap amp to power these for my iPod or Android phone(Inspire), I was looking into some FiiO's but not sure how well they would do. But my sound gets distorted at high levels but only on my portables so what should I try out? price range 0-50$, or else ill go with ZO v2.

I'm really liking my ZO2 with HTF600, it seems like a perfect fit, the bass impact and extension is improved as well as bringing the whole sound a little bit more forward and dynamic in the whole range and also improving the soundstage slightly. However they seem to be working on a revised version of it as the volume levels aren't quite optimal atm so I would wait at least some days and see what they come up with. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #1,515 of 2,849
The ZO is not an amp.

If music really is distorting (not flaws in recording, product defect), then your amp is clipping. 
Is your laptop/PC able to power your HTF600 without distortion? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back