The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Nov 12, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #1,426 of 2,849

Quote:
You absolutely did not waste $40 on the JVC Rx700s. Those are some amazing phones .Very crisp and balanced headphone. They are mammoth in size though. I prefer them more than the Panasonics for most genres with the exception of electronic/bass type music. Do not return those JVCs..With 20hrs burn in..prepare to be amazed.

Well, I got them today..I have about 5 hours into them..Everything from Old school Trinere..to 10,000 Maniac..to Tori Amos..To Metallica(Justice and before) Soundgarden, ect

They sound much better than out of the box at this point..On the Fiio E6 if I use the flat EQ they really do sound much better than the Panasonic. They just lack the bass the Panasonics have but they are much more balanced..Things I could barely hear on the Pans are very present on the JVC..

But I can find no better term to describe the Pans than a lot of ppl here--They are just FUN---I put them on a few days ago and couldn't take 'em off..lol

I think I'm going to keep them..If I didn't hear the Pans..these would be exactly what i was hoping they would be..Sometimes I just want it to rattle my teeth..and the Pans come close..

I could always send these back to Amazon--They now have it were as soon as it is scanned to be delivered back.they refund..then once back if there are problems they take their $$ back..But if everything is what you say it is..all is good. For good measure I'll return as "does not work properly" which in my head means doesn't reproduce the Bass as well as the Pans..

I see no reason to return them..$40 shipped was worth it for these HPs

Nov 12, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #1,427 of 2,849

Quote:
Well, I got them today..I have about 5 hours into them..Everything from Old school Trinere..to 10,000 Maniac..to Tori Amos..To Metallica(Justice and before) Soundgarden, ect

They sound much better than out of the box at this point..On the Fiio E6 if I use the flat EQ they really do sound much better than the Panasonic. They just lack the bass the Panasonics have but they are much more balanced..Things I could barely hear on the Pans are very present on the JVC..

But I can find no better term to describe the Pans than a lot of ppl here--They are just FUN---I put them on a few days ago and couldn't take 'em off..lol

I think I'm going to keep them..If I didn't hear the Pans..these would be exactly what i was hoping they would be..Sometimes I just want it to rattle my teeth..and the Pans come close..

I could always send these back to Amazon--They now have it were as soon as it is scanned to be delivered back.they refund..then once back if there are problems they take their $$ back..But if everything is what you say it is..all is good. For good measure I'll return as "does not work properly" which in my head means doesn't reproduce the Bass as well as the Pans..

I see no reason to return them..$40 shipped was worth it for these HPs

I am glad you like the RX700s as well. I think you may find that both with have a place for your listening needs. The RX700 are excellent for vocals, pop music and rock. The pannys satisfies wholeheartedly when I listen to my Kraftwerk or other electronic music. Like you said they are a lot of fun. Try to EQ the bass on the rx700s and the higher end on the pannys. It helps.

Nov 13, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #1,428 of 2,849

Quote:

I am glad you like the RX700s as well. I think you may find that both with have a place for your listening needs. The RX700 are excellent for vocals, pop music and rock. The pannys satisfies wholeheartedly when I listen to my Kraftwerk or other electronic music. Like you said they are a lot of fun. Try to EQ the bass on the rx700s and the higher end on the pannys. It helps.

Thanks for the advice..I almost didn't even open them..I was just going to ship them back..Amazon has made it that easy now.

I have about 10 hours on the Rx700s and they are starting to really balance out..

I don't know the correct terms to describe it for I'm hardly an audiophile..BUT I KNOW IT WHEN I HEAR IT..The the bass reproduction now seems to be more accurate and not muddied..The mids were always good but seem much more forward..I don't know..they just seem very balanced..I just use a Fiio E6 but I find it really does a great job with the 4 settings it has..I still am using the blue mid range boost with these and it's all good.

I decided to test them with some Evanescence(Tourniquet,Lithium,Lies,My Lasts Breath,Taking Over Me,ect) and figured if they could handle that then they be keepers. They did just fine..I'm assuming after 15-20 more hours they should be good cans..Especially since they don't leak..Which the PANS do..

Now if I could find the mods on here for these ear pad..I'll be happy..I don't think I'll mod the PANs but I need to on these JVCs..I don't mind looking like I'm trying to contact the space shuttle or ISS but the pads are hot..I didn't have that prob with the PANs

Take care..

Nov 13, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #1,429 of 2,849

Quote:
The difference betwenn fa-003 and htf600 is very noticeble? Try to explaind the main diffrences in sound quality between them, pls.

Big difference. The FA003 is just much more technically better in almost every area compared to the HTF600. I think the HTF600 has a slightly bigger soundstage than the FA003 but that's about it. The FA003 is far more balanced, more detailed, more articulate and better imaging. 

Nov 13, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #1,430 of 2,849

Quote:

Thanks for the advice..I almost didn't even open them..I was just going to ship them back..Amazon has made it that easy now.

I have about 10 hours on the Rx700s and they are starting to really balance out..

I don't know the correct terms to describe it for I'm hardly an audiophile..BUT I KNOW IT WHEN I HEAR IT..The the bass reproduction now seems to be more accurate and not muddied..The mids were always good but seem much more forward..I don't know..they just seem very balanced..I just use a Fiio E6 but I find it really does a great job with the 4 settings it has..I still am using the blue mid range boost with these and it's all good.

I decided to test them with some Evanescence(Tourniquet,Lithium,Lies,My Lasts Breath,Taking Over Me,ect) and figured if they could handle that then they be keepers. They did just fine..I'm assuming after 15-20 more hours they should be good cans..Especially since they don't leak..Which the PANS do..

Now if I could find the mods on here for these ear pad..I'll be happy..I don't think I'll mod the PANs but I need to on these JVCs..I don't mind looking like I'm trying to contact the space shuttle or ISS but the pads are hot..I didn't have that prob with the PANs

Take care..

There is a mod thread  here on headfi for the RX700s. The foam mod and the felt mod. Foam mod is simply putting foam in the earpads to move your ears further away from the drivers and it makes the headphones more comfortable and widens the soundstage a bit. The felt mod is removing the felt that is glued on the driver. Brings out more details in the mids and highs. However, I strongly recommend holding off on the felt mod until you have a couple hundred hours on them. Makes them brighter than they already are. I think the pannys would benefit from that if I knew how to do it properly. 

Nov 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #1,431 of 2,849
If any1 got any soundstage enhancing mods then please share, I could use some bigger stage, currently playing Skyrim with XB500 as the soundstage is bigger and sounds actually really great with Skyrim, very good positioning and immersion.

Nov 14, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #1,434 of 2,849
Ah, the beauty of the Panasonics...

My Creative Aurvana Live! are going back and I don't miss them one bit. What I learned is that the CAL!s have this fun bright sound right out of the box that is very catchy, but can be tiring after many hours of listening. There may also be some sibilance in some songs.

Now, although the Panasonics may not be as bring straight from the box, they respond to equalization very well. I have been playing with an IPod app called EQu and it allowed me to make the Panasonics sound just like I like it... and I cannot believe the difference. The bass is extremely powerful and reverberates quite well. The CAL!s bass could never do this. The sound seems a lot more detailed but laid back, so it is easy to listen to them for many hours.

In short, I am really enjoying them. I am now thinking about getting the Monoprice MHP-839 that Malveaux reviewed. I cannot wait to expand my collection.

You guys are going to make me go broke! I've never spent so much money saving money! lol.

Nov 14, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #1,435 of 2,849
Nice, it is awesome to hear you have finally discovered the HTF600s full sound and what it does..I use them every day just about and they have become one of my all time favorite headphones.

I have slowly but surely started to rotate my collection of headphones and it is funny but after getting used to how comfortable my HTF600s are just about every single one of my headphones are now lacking in comparison. I am however rediscovering some of my old favorites. I know there are many here at headfi that would rather have the ONE or few headphones that will do it all for them, for me I would rather have a nice stable of different ones..I just ordered a new pair of Fischer Fa-011 to add to the wall of headphone madness.

I don't think I will ever stop ordering headphones and trying out a new pair. It is simply too addictive to stop.

Nov 14, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #1,436 of 2,849

Quote:
If any1 got any soundstage enhancing mods then please share, I could use some bigger stage, currently playing Skyrim with XB500 as the soundstage is bigger and sounds actually really great with Skyrim, very good positioning and immersion.

Speaking of Skyrim, it's helped me discover the limits to the HTF600's comfort.  Once I start wearing them for like 12 hours on end in a really warm room, while wearing glasses, my outer ears definitely hurt.
wink.gif
  I doubt that's a very fair criticism though.  I'll know better once I try more headphones and have a better perspective on comfort (my FA-011's will arrive eventually, and I'll be modding my T50RP's with Shure 840 pads soon).

Nov 14, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #1,437 of 2,849

Ok. After testing HTF-600 out of the box couple of hours, I guess its too early to say anything too objective about these. So I just post my first impressions compared to Philips SBC HP 890.

1. HTF600 has way smaller soundstage. Some instruments sound like they are on top of themselves meanwhile on HP890 they clearly are mixed at separate posititions.

1. HTF600 has a harder bass. It even "vibrates" on high levels.

1. Hi-hats lack some "roundness" or coloring. I dont know how to describe it better. Its like Panas are digital and Philips analog sounding.

1. Panasonics maybe sound more monitoring head phones which they are segmented. Philips are way better when listening music at the moment.

So these Panas need some serious burn in time. Out of the box they sound below average for me anyways.

Source: Xonar STX
Sound/ Music: Absynth 4 synth, classical music/trance

I'll have to admit I got a What feeling but with Philips headphones as I expected Panas would have been better.

Edit. I was making my own song with FL studio, ambient style electrical music and I noticed  that with Panasonics its easier to adjust instrument position. Id say these are better for studio monitoring than Philips.

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #1,438 of 2,849

Quote:
They do benefit from removing the foam in front of the drivers... just rip it off, it's not difficult. A huge plus in sound quality, those missing details in the mids and highs get revealed. A much more balanced signature..

I appreciate that. However, there is nothing protecting the drivers once its done and its irreversible, Hair and dust etc. Unless I can find a very thin piece of mesh type material to replace the foam that I removed. What did it do to the lower end (bass) after removing the foam?

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #1,439 of 2,849
The bass got a bit tamed, it's still present and it still hits you with a baseball bat when needed, but it's not as overpowering as before. Mids and highs open up a lot, vocals are something out of this world on these... guitars too.

I like them without the foam more than stock.

It's not irreversible, if you're careful and tear the foam right where it's glued you'll end up with a foam disk that you can glue back on whenever you like... If you're careful.

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #1,440 of 2,849
The foam that is there far from optimal IMO, usually they use a similar kind of fabric that is covering the bass vents at the back of the cup that is very thin but usually a bit more dense, this is a bit too soft so hair goes quite easily through it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back