The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Sep 29, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #318 of 2,849
Are there two versions of this headphone? An S version and Non-S version?

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #319 of 2,849

Quote:
Are there two versions of this headphone? An S version and Non-S version?

I believe there is a standard HTF600-S which is the US version and a HTF600E-S which stands for Euro version.. European model. I think they are both the same. But i can't confirm this as I don't have a E version.. I asked RPGWizard as he got the E version. They seem to be the same with same specs that are on the US version. But there is a theory that the drivers might be different. I doubt this however.

Sep 30, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #320 of 2,849
In that case, I went ahead and ordered a pair as well as the velour pads!

Package is set to arrive this Saturday. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #321 of 2,849

Quote:
In that case, I went ahead and ordered a pair as well as the velour pads!

Package is set to arrive this Saturday. 
biggrin.gif

Nice, with the velours, that is how you get these right off the bat.. Getting the uber version I see... I also see that you have the e11. You will love how these sound on 2nd eQ bass blasted with your portable source...Give them a good listen I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.. Let us know your impressions on them.. They aren't gonna rule the headfi community with its sounds but you know what they are a blast to listen to. As the famous saying goes from Steve Austin. And that's the bottom line!

Oh I do recommend you have a listen on those with stock pleather pads just so you can hear the improvements in the sounds once you throw the velours on.. 24hours burn is a good idea before listen.. If you get into movies and games these are awesome for that as well..

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #323 of 2,849
Hmm that is a good question. The over all sound signature is the same. What the velour pads do is they throw the comfort level to PILLOW levels and gives you no sweaty ears which is a nice effect from velour pads. What percentage ? I would say maybe 5% at the most. The highs have more presence I noticed and in games they make your headphone sound like a open one more so than a semi closed can. The minor, mid bass hump is tamed a bit as well.. Makes your tunes sounding more smoother with a bit more detail while having the same Bass warmth and control.

If you add all these factors up, it is something that makes sense but not a complete necessity. I loved the way they sounded with stock pads. The velour pads is just a luxury item really and don't change the over all sound too much. Just refines the sounds by a tad but will bring the headphone to a whole new level of comfort. They aren't bad comfort wise out of box but with velours they fit like they were custom made for your head..

I suppose you can brag about how yours is the uber version with velour pads that adds to the over all value to your headphones. $50 over the stock $30. Ya they will be the more expensive version and look more expensive too.. I say if your saving a bit to get a new amp. Throw the $20 towards a new amp first. That will give you more of a sound enhancement over the velour pads. I don't think the velour pads will sell out any time soon.. Well I could be wrong on that..

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #324 of 2,849
Just checked the 600's with battlefield 3 beta, sounded good.  Didn't get to test longer than 10 minutes though, server crashed on me and game froze.  Took forever to get into a game too, hope this is not what the retail version will be like.  Or maybe my geforce 9800gt just gave out, lol, damn I need a new gpu.

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #326 of 2,849
Just checked the 600's with battlefield 3 beta, sounded good.  Didn't get to test longer than 10 minutes though, server crashed on me and game froze.  Took forever to get into a game too, hope this is not what the retail version will be like.  Or maybe my geforce 9800gt just gave out, lol, damn I need a new gpu.

OH wow. A 9800GT. a couple recommendations...Make sure you have the newest beta drivers from Nvidia. The bf3 beta will say something how you need at least the newest 285.?? beta drivers.. That seems to fix many issues.. After clean driver instal do a system defrag on the HD. This helps smooth out your in game performance and once you do get in game you should immediately go into video settings and lower every single setting to low. and extra stuff HBAO and stuff like that off. And it should be playable.

Though I have to admit.. It might be time to get a new card. If your running an older processor.. It might be time for a new computer.. :frowning2:

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #327 of 2,849
I was really satisfied with my rx700 headphones, I personally preferred them over both the monoprice and m50 headphones I had before which i returned due to lack of soundstage compared to the jvcs.

As much as I like the rx700s, I now feel i need to upgrade because they lack the subbass I desire and focus too much on midbass - but i still want the same or greater soundstage.

I'm probably going to buy some DT770 80 ohm headphones soon because they seem to have both the 1.soundstage AND 2. low bass I seek. Should I get these instead? In fact, can anyone compare the two? Comparison to denon AH-D2000 or AH-D1100/1001 are also invited.

Soundstage concerns me a bit as it doesn't seem hft-600s soundstage reaches the level of greatness for a closed can from what I'm reading in this thread......

I'll probably just order them anyways just cuz their price is so discounted.

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #329 of 2,849
I was really satisfied with my rx700 headphones, I personally preferred them over both the monoprice and m50 headphones I had before which i returned due to lack of soundstage compared to the jvcs.

As much as I like the rx700s, I now feel i need to upgrade because they lack the subbass I desire and focus too much on midbass - but i still want the same or greater soundstage.

I'm probably going to buy some DT770 80 ohm headphones soon because they seem to have both the 1.soundstage AND 2. low bass I seek. Should I get these instead? In fact, can anyone compare the two? Comparison to denon AH-D2000 or AH-D1100/1001 are also invited.

Soundstage concerns me a bit as it doesn't seem hft-600s soundstage reaches the level of greatness for a closed can from what I'm reading in this thread......

I'll probably just order them anyways just cuz their price is so discounted.

I've owned all the headphones you've mentioned (and have sold them within weeks, and after much extended sessions with games, movies and music) except the AH-D1100, and remember them vividly. I'll get straight to the point, get the Panny HTF600 (which I've had now for 2 weeks and it is one of my favs) and be done. The only trait that any of the headphones you've mentioned have over the Panny's is that the Denon AH-D2000 has a little better imaging (almost holographic like). That's it. Seriously. Some might disagree, but I honestly think they're trying to justify their purchase.

I don't regret selling the Beyers or the Denon's, you're paying for the name. Literally.

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #330 of 2,849

Quote:
I've owned all the headphones you've mentioned (and have sold them within weeks, and after much extended sessions with games, movies and music) except the AH-D1100, and remember them vividly. I'll get straight to the point, get the Panny HTF600 (which I've had now for 2 weeks and it is one of my favs) and be done. The only trait that any of the headphones you've mentioned have over the Panny's is that the Denon AH-D2000 has a little better imaging (almost holographic like). That's it. Seriously. Some might disagree, but I honestly think they're trying to justify their purchase.
I don't regret selling the Beyers or the Denon's, you're paying for the name. Literally.

WOAH, WOAH! Hype overload! Okay so D2000 has a little better imaging? Well imaging/sound stage is the most important headphone criteria for me, but since the difference is small in this category and equal in all else, these headphones should be fine based on what you say.

As far as BRANDwagon hopping - yeah, I definitely felt that about the m50s when I bought them, which I returned after I gave it a good burn in. Their only real good trait as far as I recall was good or great bass and treble extension, but an extremely closed, suffocating experience and I don't recall being impressed by the mids either. Shouldn't have such unanimous praise as it does, though it is a good headphone. The denon d2000's though - these are  the most agreed upon best closed all-around headphones under 350 on head-fi.

I might have to cancel my Denon D2000 headphone order after trying these Panasonic headphones. Was going to get the D2000 and the DT770 80 ohms and return/sell one and keep the other. Could give up on the whole plan though now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back