The PA2V2 Thread
Jul 29, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #556 of 752
My Pav2v Drive my Dt990 250 effortlessly even with the gains at low level,let`s say,about 12 o `clock.

By the way i was having some sound issue with the sound coming out from the Pav2v.So i contacted Gary and he without a blink of an eye send me a replacement unit while i was sending to him my my first one.
Than the shame i felt when i realized that the sound issue was from the interconnect cable Clip zip->Pav2v.....so i told honestly it was my mistake and he did not worried about it.Rare agreeable person ,considering is a running business one.

Ps:the strange is that i were using as well other interconnects whit my first amp and it seemed the was the amp indeed.

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #559 of 752
This guy claims to be selling an improved version of the PA2V2 with more powerful batteries, has anyone tried it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PA2V2-portable-headphone-Amplifier-Audiophile-Sound-Cool-Stuff-All-Accessory-/110927163427?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item19d3c63023

The problem with this eBay ads, is that there are a lot of error in the description that makes me wonder if the seller even know what he/she is selling or not. First of, PA2V2 runs on 2.4V (two 1.2V rechargeable NiMH) instead of the 4.5V he is talking about (or 9V that he is using). Second, the amplifier chip inside PA2V2 has a max supply voltage limit of 5.5V. Give it 9V and you will actually fry it. Third. the seller refers to the amp as PA2V2 at first, then call it a Cmoy at the end. Well, those are two totally different design, so which is which? Last, 'impedance matching headphone'? Seriously?

He's selling an "improved PA2V2" for less than what Gary sells it? That alone should be suspicious.

Actually, selling PA2V2 for less than what Gary is asking for is entirely possible, consider better built amps have been sold for less. Just saying...

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #563 of 752
Have had my PA2V2 for over a year now, it's wonderful to have on the go. Haven't had a single problem with it yet.

Also, Gary's product service is just amazing. Recently moved to Fort Worth and lost the AC charger, was manually taking the batteries out and recharging them. Asked Gary if I knew a place where I could buy a replacement, and he is sending a USB charger replacement free of charge. Just an incredible guy.

If he ever ends up making another amp suited for home use, I'd be a customer in a heartbeat. 

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #564 of 752
I mailed him about the EMI and he said that it often happens to new amps because they battery gets knocked out of it's housing during shipment.

I opened it up, re-seated the batteries and all of the EMI was gone in a heartbeat. :)

Sep 2, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #570 of 752
I'm using this amp with my HD650s right now, but, when I ordered it from Gary, he set the gain/etc to be ideal for my HD 518s  (which are 50impedance I think).   So,
I think I have to go into the amp and adjust the gain or something, to match better with 300imp,  I think from reading in here, that I just open it up, and turn the 2 blue screws clockwise a little bit.  If anyone has set this up for an HD650, that would be interesting to know.  I did email Gary about it yesterday, and I figure I'll eventually hear back from him.  But, I thought I'd post here also.   So far, I really like the amp, because I don't have a very big budget.

I don't have a DAC yet.

-Larmeister

Users who are viewing this thread

Back