The overall best portable headphone?
Apr 20, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #31 of 47
Westone 3's rule SE530's. LOL

Apr 20, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #32 of 47
Voltage, maybe you should wait for the Shure headphones to be released. Jude says they sound similar to the SE530.

Apr 20, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by belac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Give me a detailed explanation on why I should go out and buy a Westone 3 over my SE530's. Also provide the improvements you honestly find in the W3. I've heard the W3 and it is not a upgrade at all. It's ok for you to think that since you have only heard the W3's. LOL. Newbies....

Apr 20, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #34 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Voltage, maybe you should wait for the Shure headphones to be released. Jude says they sound similar to the SE530.

Yes, I'm looking at a pair of those too...
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by belac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Give me a detailed explanation on why I should go out and buy a Westone 3 over my SE530's. Also provide the improvements you honestly find in the W3. I've heard the W3 and it is not a upgrade at all. It's ok for you to think that since you have only heard the W3's. LOL. Newbies....

Apr 20, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #35 of 47
Wow..All these are high end earphones..Don't cha guys recommend entry level ones? Koss KSC75 perhaps
tongue.gif

Headirect RE2, RE1..Although some of these earphones will benefit from a small portable amp such as Fiio E5..or E3..I use an E5 and KSC 75 to school, connected to my Creative ZVM everyday..The trip to school at 7.30am is just a bliss~~..Imagine that
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #36 of 47
I'm just giving you a hard time because I know how much you love the SE530's. I own Westone 3's and ER4P's at the moment and have previousily owned IE8's, Klipsch X5's and listened to a set of TripleFi 10's for about 2 weeks. I am just commenting based on my experiance but I have never listened to the SE530's (next on my list). I have been doing this for a bit so I'm not a newbie, just don't spend better part of my life posting on this site.

Apr 20, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #37 of 47
Another vote for the HD25-1IIs. I have absolutely no reservations about them...aside from maybe the clamping force (just use the provided velour pads). Sounds great with pop and electronic music, which are what I mainly listen to anyway.

Not since the Sony V6 have I felt more comfortable with throwing a full sized headphone into my bag when I'm on the move. Just based on that alone, the HD25s = WIN.

Apr 21, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #39 of 47
Problems here due to the difference in what people consider portable. I use Q40s most places I go, and they are heug. On the other end you have the people who think the only portable phones are IEMs. I guess you would have to classify by size.

Guess it would be clip on (KSC75, G1A), then uberlights (Portapro, maybe ESW?), then the middleweights (Anything with a flat headband, I.E. Q40s, ultrasones, etc.) And then heavywights (Anything with the AT style headband, or something that needs a true home amp to work well, like most stats). Not counting IEMs and buds.

Does that work well?

Apr 21, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #40 of 47
how about those headphones you get with portable cd players at the dollar store i hear they are awesome

Apr 21, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #41 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by travisg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about those headphones you get with portable cd players at the dollar store i hear they are awesome

Funny, The Westone 3's sound just like them!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back