The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Feb 1, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #16 of 615
@Uncle E1

Plenue D and Primacy are a nice and affordable combo. Clean, clear and detailed sounding DAP with effortless IEM.
Will get the D again if they ever adjust the firmware to the way I need it or if there will ever be a stable RockBox port.

Is the track coincidence or was it chosen on purpose? 
wink_face.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #18 of 615
  Well after the previous posts I've gotta say it sounds pretty much like I expected. I like its smooth midcentric tonality from the go, because it reminds me of.. Zeus. This sounds like a mini-Zeus, lol! 

When I read mid-centric, I tend to think of something like the Shure SE535.  Does it sound at all similar to that model (obviously a much different design)?

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #19 of 615
I'm sorry buddy I never tried the 535. Overall the Primacy is very balanced though, it just has a slight bump in the center mids that gives it some extra vocal density. The slightly warm atmosphere contributes to its smoothness. It's very easy to listen to.

ps. I agree with Hisoundfi; I feel they give a lot of value for money, and for my taste are better than some of the other top performers in the same tier.

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #20 of 615
A lot of people described the Shure 535 the same way.  I strongly disliked that IEM.  I really like the design of these, but they might be a little too smooth for me, I like a detailed analytical presentation with a bit of a bass bump to even it out.  I have FLC8S arriving today.   I might give these a comparison shot.  I think they'll sound a good bit different.  Maybe similar quality, but different tonality.

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #21 of 615
Can't comment on the 535, but the SE425 has quite forward mids - a bit too forward so that they are exhausting at times. Primacy's mids aren't that prominent in my ears and Primacy has got the better treble extension as well as somewhat smooth (recessed) middle highs, therefore it doesn't sound exhausting at all to me.

​

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #23 of 615
Can anyone compare these to the Westone W40 or W20?  I loved how W40s sound but had to return them because they were a little bit too tight a fit (I have small ears).  Also interested in the FLC 8s; comparisons would be welcome, but these Orivetis seem right up my alley.

Feb 16, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #26 of 615
The Primacy is a superb all-arounder. It is the Swiss Army knife of IEM's! Build quality is better than some over-$1K IEM's I have owned. SQ is excellent with all music genre's I have tried.

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #27 of 615
The Primacy is a superb all-arounder. It is the Swiss Army knife of IEM's! Build quality is better than some over-$1K IEM's I have owned. SQ is excellent with all music genre's I have tried.
+1, you can't go wrong with these things. They are TOTL sound quality that has impressed everyone I've had listen to them. I went to a show a couple weeks ago and brought the Primacy. After the show I got a couple PMs wanting me to remind them what the name of the product was and where they can order them. This wouldn't have happened if the product wasn't phenomenal.

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #28 of 615
The Primacy is indeed an excellent all-around earphone, especially when one considers that it is Oriveti's first offering! I thoroughly appreciated my brief time with it. Although I ultimately found that it couldn't usurp the ASG-1PLUS' place as my daily driver, it made a very worthy attempt. And I actually preferred some aspects of the Primacy's sound to Aurisonics' Harmony, which I similarly enjoyed.

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #29 of 615
Heard these at E1 yesterday. Apparantly, these are very source dependent, so they may sound "off" if I use the wrong source (ZX1 in this case), but with a Fiio X1 to an old Ibasso D12 (line out) rig I have, these sound beautiful, especially the vocals and the cymbals. Really liked these. Just my honest 2 cents.

Feb 23, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #30 of 615
Heard these at E1 yesterday. Apparantly, these are very source dependent, so they may sound "off" if I use the wrong source (ZX1 in this case), but with a Fiio X1 to an old Ibasso D12 (line out) rig I have, these sound beautiful, especially the vocals and the cymbals. Really liked these. Just my honest 2 cents.

+1...Amazingly, these stand among the best I own, regardless of price! Truly top-tier sound at a mid-fi price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back