The one headphones you use most in your collect?
Dec 15, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #46 of 73
Right now it's the LCD-2. I actually haven't picked up any of my other cans since I got these puppies. Before that it was tied between the AD2000 and HD650.

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #48 of 73
At work, TWAgged DBI Pro-705s. I alternated between these and the Shure SRH-840s for a week and have stuck with the 705s since. While the Shures sound better by almost all measures, and are better at blocking out external noise too (the whole reason why I stick with closed cans in the office), the 705s are more comfortable and the sound is less trebly, so background music doesn't get sufficiently distracting.

At home, I still switch between headphones a lot but probably reach for the MB Quart 95x most often. Probably the second-most comfortable cans I've got (the most comfortable being a QP 70 with almost-worn-out pads). Well-recorded music sounds extremely good, but it's very forgiving of the hours of poorly-recorded indy rock I've been ripping and re-auditing for the past couple months. If I know I'll be listening exclusively to music with high production values for an evening, one of the AKGs are usually my first choice; otherwise it's annoying to swap cans after every few songs.

Dec 15, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #50 of 73
For home use, my MP Sextetts are my favourite set and I'm selling off everything else. For portable, either my Pioneer HDJ-2000 or Senn PX100-ii.

Dec 15, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #51 of 73
The AKG K702, they are great sounding with jazz and classical. Paired with my solid state amp. 

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #54 of 73
MS Pro Ulti always feels and sounds right, except a few days of cruel summer heat.

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #57 of 73
I find myself going to my Denon D7000 more and more.

Dec 17, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #58 of 73
Right now it's a tie between my KRK KNS-8400 and DJ100. When I listen to the KRK I keep going back to the DJ100 because the sound is more engaging and fun. I love the bass on them.
The M30 pads on the DJ100 make them soooo comfortable. I think those are my favorite cheap pads. Somehow they keep my ears cool.
My k601 that I love has not been used in over a week and a half sadly. I NEED to start listening to it more!

Dec 17, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #59 of 73
K701s have gotten the nod over several other headphones. Of course, I'm quick to get rid of headphones I know I won't listen to over the K701s, so...

Although the HF-2s are a completely different beast, so I've been reconsidering my quest to find the single "do-everything" headphone and instead getting two separate headphones.

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #60 of 73
I have three headphones in my collection (so far
tongue_smile.gif
) and I really love all of them, and using them almost equally. I have to say though that I probably use my k701 most because they are good with jazz and orchestral classical music which is the music I mostly listen to. I use my k501 with chamber music and acoustic rock and pop, and HD650 with rock and sometimes with larger orchestral works. Either way this trio is a fantastic set of headphones
o2smile.gif
I don't like the idea of a single "do-everything" headphone. I prefer to have different headphones that excell in their own areas and complete each other, creating a little variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back