The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
May 3, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #2,416 of 5,761
Thanks for the link to the posts regarding cradle....last time i looked the Sony Kimber cable was unavailable on Amazon U.K. Although i am considering buying a AXIOS cable....i'm ALWAYS considering buying things !...as @Whitigir says, i'm currently suffering from "upgraditis" :)

I purchased an open box Sony Kimber cable on eBay, shipped from the US to Europe.
really happy with the upgrade... I don’t think you’ll regret it!

May 3, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #2,420 of 5,761
I would say that the connection would be close to the same. Though if you could imagine a spring loaded plug which then allows the Walkman to slightly shift from side to side all while still being plugged in. Don’t know if your familiar with the Walkman battery reset? You let your Walkman go to zero charge, then try to turn it back on twice to make sure it’s totally drained of juice. You then (with battery saver off) go to 100% charge uninterrupted. Thus before the process you make sure the battery saver is off. Then the Walkman will at times give better battery performance. Still you should not leave your player charging to 100% all the time. So even with the cradle charging, you should unplug it.

Thanks man

May 5, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #2,421 of 5,761
Hi everyone, after many years of saving and craving since launch, I've drop the bomb for this magnificent beauty.
DSC_0021.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG

Been with me for 2 month now and loving it. Its simply just so enjoyable to relax and listen.

One problem, what's the best way to wireless control the music I play, how you'll overcome it? My playback is from my NAS play through my PC that is connected to the sony. Sometime I'm just lazy to get up and skip/change track on my PC. Nice to meet you'll!

May 5, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #2,422 of 5,761
Hi everyone, after many years of saving and craving since launch, I've drop the bomb for this magnificent beauty.
Been with me for 2 month now and loving it. Its simply just so enjoyable to relax and listen.

One problem, what's the best way to wireless control the music I play, how you'll overcome it? My playback is from my NAS play through my PC that is connected to the sony. Sometime I'm just lazy to get up and skip/change track on my PC. Nice to meet you'll!

If you use foobar as player there is a plug in and companion smart phone app. Can’t remember the name but I used it until I bought my Auralic Aries Mini streamer 3 years ago to replace the pc as source

May 5, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #2,423 of 5,761
Hi everyone, after many years of saving and craving since launch, I've drop the bomb for this magnificent beauty. DSC_0021.JPGDSC_0019.JPG

Congrats! Glad you're enjoying it.

To answer your question, a wireless keyboard might be the cheapest solution.

Or a remote desktop app for your phone like this one (haven't used it myself):

SmartSelect_20200505-174143_Google Play Store.jpg

May 5, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #2,424 of 5,761
Congrats! Glad you're enjoying it.

To answer your question, a wireless keyboard might be the cheapest solution.

Or a remote desktop app for your phone like this one (haven't used it myself):

SmartSelect_20200505-174143_Google Play Store.jpg

Or TeamViewer

May 5, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #2,425 of 5,761
For those who also own the MDR-Z1R (which is probably 80% of the thread, lol), if you volume match the SE and Bal outputs, what numbers do you get (e.g. -30dB SE = -36dB Bal)?

May 5, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #2,426 of 5,761
Don't know how many use TA line out, but I now have mine going to an ALO Pan Am for a tube option and it works great. Still strange to me that TA hasn't been a bigger hit as a DAC.

May 7, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #2,427 of 5,761
hello all,

I have received the TA, however it doesn’t seem to be recognizing the Walkman connected to it. I tried to restart them all but no luck. Is there a setting I am missing, or is this broken?

thanks in advance!

6786F956-051B-4F98-8E2A-10D427B3B4BE.jpeg

May 7, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #2,428 of 5,761
hello all,

I have received the TA, however it doesn’t seem to be recognizing the Walkman connected to it. I tried to restart them all but no luck. Is there a setting I am missing, or is this broken?

thanks in advance!

6786F956-051B-4F98-8E2A-10D427B3B4BE.jpeg

Congrats on receiving. I'm certain it's not broken, because i got this message once before & i'm racking my brains what i did to rectify it. I know it was something simple ? Was just trying to replicate it again....i know someone will be able to help you out....if i find out in the meantime...

May 7, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #2,429 of 5,761
Congrats on receiving. I'm certain it's not broken, because i got this message once before & i'm racking my brains what i did to rectify it. I know it was something simple ? Was just trying to replicate it again....i know someone will be able to help you out....if i find out in the meantime...

I tried everything to be honest...I think it's a faulty unit: It charges the WM1Z but it doesn't seem to recognize or connect to it while playing music. Oh well. Back it goes!

May 7, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #2,430 of 5,761
I tried everything to be honest...I think it's a faulty unit: It charges the WM1Z but it doesn't seem to recognize or connect to it while playing music. Oh well. Back it goes!

As i said, i had this problem & can't recall what i did to rectify it ?? I'm sure it was simple, an input button, or if it was something to do with the Walkman settings, but i think it is something to do with the settings on the TA ?? Have you got another device you can connect to the TA ?....just to see that it's working ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back