The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016)
Sep 3, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #61 of 1,101
Here's the dock and remote control

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/BCR-NWH10/

C8SrkMy.jpg

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #62 of 1,101
Looks like the current BCR-NWH10 already available for the ZX2 and ZX1 but with the addition of a remote control.

Are there adapters to let the different walkman stay fit in the dockingstation? Will it provide audio-out or line-out through the dock as the headphone jack is on the topside of the new highend babys?

Oh, by the way: Is there nobody who knows where we find a Service manual of the ZX1, ZX2 and the new high end babies (ok, for them it's too early) and how to take them apart to change the battery? So many great Sony guys but nobody knows? I can't imagine that... :wink:

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #63 of 1,101
Looks like the current BCR-NWH10 already available for the ZX2 and ZX1 but with the addition of a remote control.

Are there adapters to let the different walkman stay fit in the dockingstation? Will it provide audio-out or line-out through the dock as the headphone jack is on the topside of the new highend babys?

Oh, by the way: Is there nobody who knows where we find a Service manual of the ZX1, ZX2 and the new high end babies (ok, for them it's too early) and how to take them apart to change the battery? So many great Sony guys but nobody knows? I can't imagine that... :wink:

I'll try and ask. No guarantee though haha.

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #64 of 1,101
Sep 3, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #66 of 1,101
The only solution is to be having this Dock for Charging and Playing together. I use it on my Zx2

Well if they can do that then why not just have the ability to charge and play in the first place. Or will it be like the pha3 where they say you can't but you can if your charger is powerful enough?

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #67 of 1,101
i feel like in a couple years time most flagship audio gear 90% wont be within peoples grasp.

prices are getting sky high so an exciting but also a sad time for audio enthusiasts.

Personal Portable gears are the cash cow right now...everyone wants a piece of the pie and margins that brands such as A&K, Audeze, Chord, HFM etc are getting now...it will get way worst before it gets better

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #69 of 1,101
Sep 3, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #71 of 1,101
I think you can charge and listen at the same time. I've been listening to it, plugged it into a USB charger, and the charging state was indicated by the battery icon segment animation. Some time later, the battery icon read "FULL."

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #72 of 1,101
I think you can charge and listen at the same time. I've been listening to it, plugged it into a USB charger, and the charging state was indicated by the battery icon segment animation. Some time later, the battery icon read "FULL."

Thanks for clarifying!

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #74 of 1,101

I agree, and let clarify this. If the Walkman is similar to Zx2, You can not charge while playing it as a Digital transport, because it only has one WM port.

The only way you can charge and play digital transport is having the cradle.

Otherwise, Charging and playing analog or phones out is working just fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back