The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016)
Sep 25, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #347 of 1,101
[COLOR=111111]so I'm trying to buy the Japanese version,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=111111]tell me what you personally compared to European and Japanese, how much % louder than the Japanese version?[/COLOR]

I'd estimate the EU ZX2 to be 20-25% lower volume than a non EU. The EU ZX2 however has plenty enough power to drive my JH13 and Signature Pro

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #348 of 1,101
Nah, Zx2 had always had the copper plated gold chassis inside. The new Z has better internal components together with the copper gold body...why in the heck does everyone think the Z only has copper gold body ? A&K affects much ?

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #350 of 1,101
  so I'm trying to buy the Japanese version,
tell me what you personally compared to European and Japanese, how much % louder than the Japanese version?

i listened to the EU on 55-80% of the volume
i listen to the Japan on 30-55% of the volume

so Japan would be around 25-30% louder ? i can not estimate the exact %louder percentage by numbers, so take my actual volume levels instead

btw , Japan model has also English language menus

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #352 of 1,101
Japan model Zx2 has English as mine is, but the WM1 series is running Walkman OS, we don't know if it Will support english

Actually, we can say pretty confidently the Japan-for-Japan version most likely will not. If it does, it would be the first one with the Sony OS to do so. The ZX2 runs Android, and on the Japan-for-Japan ones, they enabled English or Japanese. I've owned the Japanese versions going back to the X1060 (and maybe before ... I've owned a few). I know of what I speak.

For ROW where you don't need, say, ATRAC support, getting it from a place like Hong Kong is a better idea.

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #353 of 1,101
Actually, we can say pretty confidently the Japan-for-Japan version most likely will not. If it does, it would be the first one with the Sony OS to do so. The ZX2 runs Android, and on the Japan-for-Japan ones, they enabled English or Japanese. I've owned the Japanese versions going back to the X1060 (and maybe before ... I've owned a few). I know of what I speak.

For ROW where you don't need, say, ATRAC support, getting it from a place like Hong Kong is a better idea.

And this was the greatest advantage of android variations, the open language design, made the Japanese version appealing to the rest of the world.

Now with no android, you could almost be sure (going by previous device's) the Japanese version will not have no English an option. (I predict the Japanese version to be cheaper as well)

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #354 of 1,101
Within Japan, you could always purchase an export version (same stuff but with English and local warranty for your home country) for a small premium over JDM

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #355 of 1,101
  Within Japan, you could always purchase an export version (same stuff but with English and local warranty for your home country) for a small premium over JDM

Not exactly the same. Let's be clear about that - no ATRAC support. Sometimes there were other differences but that's usually the major one outside of language being Japanese. And you can only get DF at certain shops/places. There's no guarantee it's released at teh same time. It's not something you can just buy online.

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #356 of 1,101
And this was the greatest advantage of android variations, the open language design, made the Japanese version appealing to the rest of the world.

Now with no android, you could almost be sure (going by previous device's) the Japanese version will not have no English an option. (I predict the Japanese version to be cheaper as well)

Cheaper? What? No. Thanks for the laugh. You clearly don't know history here. The Japanese version has NEVER been cheaper. Ever.

And we can agree to disagree with the Android stuff (and yes, I did own the F, and two Zs). I much prefer the Sony OS, and don't care if it's all Japanese.

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #357 of 1,101

Not exactly the same. Let's be clear about that - no ATRAC support. Sometimes there were other differences but that's usually the major one outside of language being Japanese. And you can only get DF at certain shops/places. There's no guarantee it's released at teh same time. It's not something you can just buy online.

Yes...you can only buy them at Sony Centre or at larger chain stores, not online afaik. Depends on products (I typically bought my photographic gears from Japan) they are typically released only after the JDM are unveiled 

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #358 of 1,101
I was confirmed per email AccessoryJack will have them on stock (i imagine both of them) thouh, they haven't confirmed the date

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #359 of 1,101
Cheaper? What? No. Thanks for the laugh. You clearly don't know history here. The Japanese version has NEVER been cheaper. Ever.

And we can agree to disagree with the Android stuff (and yes, I did own the F, and two Zs). I much prefer the Sony OS, and don't care if it's all Japanese.

When I say cheaper, well how much is the zx2 in Japan?
Can someone in Japan have a look please? Thanks in advanced.
Here in Australia it's

$1599.00.AUD
Or
$1217.00.USD
Are saying you can't find a new zx2 for around $1000usd in Japan right now?

We have nil options to buy electronics locally, just one Sony store 30 min drive. And you had to pre order, when I got mine.
You shouldn't be laughing you have nothing to be laughing at. $200.00 is no laughing matter, I can import the Japanese version $200.00 less and that's with postage.
It must be even cheaper on the street.
You are out of touch with pricing @FenderP

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-NW-ZX2-High-Resolution-Walkman-Japanese/dp/B00S94QZF8

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #360 of 1,101
When I say cheaper, well how much is the zx2 in Japan?
Can someone in Japan have a look please? Thanks in advanced.
Here in Australia it's

$1599.00.AUD
Or
$1217.00.USD
Are saying you can't find a new zx2 for around $1000usd in Japan right now?

We have nil options to buy electronics locally, just one Sony store 30 min drive. And you had to pre order, when I got mine.

A simple bingoogle would tell you that. And an understanding of how things work in Japan.

According to the official SOny page in Japan, the ZX2 is gone.
http://www.sony.jp/walkman/lineup/

Yodobashi still has it in stock http://www.yodobashi.com/%E3%82%BD%E3%83%8B%E3%83%BC-SONY-NW-ZX2-%E3%83%9D%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%82%AA%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A4%E3%83%BC-Walkman-%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3-%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF-%E3%83%8F%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AC%E3%82%BE%E9%9F%B3%E6%BA%90%E5%AF%BE%E5%BF%9C/pd/100000001002600719/

That I believe is pre-tax, but it equates to $1141. Unless it's an abysmal failure, you rarely see a discount. It's not like the US or other countries where you'll see a lot of sales. In other words, it stayed the same price for the most part.

Need further proof? The ZX100 is still 72,100 yen.

Just because Sony charges a different list price in Australia vs. Japan vs. UK vs. the US, that's SOny's choice but it has nothing to do with what you're talking about. Europe, Japan, and the US have generally had approximately the same prices when all is said and done.

I've been to Australia a few times. You have some choices (in Melbourne there's JB Hi-Fi which isn't bad), but there's not a lot of choice in most parts of the world. Strawman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back