The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Nov 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #3,018 of 3,640
Also, I would love to replace these plastic c-brackets with those beautiful ones johnnycrash is making. Congratulations on your new baby johnnycrash8!

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #3,020 of 3,640
Just bought a pair of 325is in House of the Music store in SFO. Decent upgrade from my SR80i's, but it seems that they really need some burning time to loosen drivers.

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #3,021 of 3,640
Just bought a pair of 325is in House of the Music store in SFO. Decent upgrade from my SR80i's, but it seems that they really need some burning time to loosen drivers.

Congratulations!
They are a great sounding headphone, but sound very different IMO than the 80's. To me they have two totally different sound signatures. The 80's IMO are crystal clear and very detailed, and may be more impactful, where as the 325's can sound a little congested compared to the 80's. The sound is much thicker with the 325' and vocals are much sweeter. These are just some differences that I hear between the two, but they are both great headphones in their own ways. Don't keep swapping them back and forth, wear the 325's for a while (a week or so), and I'm sure you will love them as much as the 80's. After a while listen to the 80's (for a week or so), and you will hear their differences, which are all nice differences IMO.

Nov 26, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #3,022 of 3,640

Congratulations!
They are a great sounding headphone, but sound very different IMO than the 80's. To me they have two totally different sound signatures. The 80's IMO are crystal clear and very detailed, and may be more impactful, where as the 325's can sound a little congested compared to the 80's. The sound is much thicker with the 325' and vocals are much sweeter. These are just some differences that I hear between the two, but they are both great headphones in their own ways. Don't keep swapping them back and forth, wear the 325's for a while (a week or so), and I'm sure you will love them as much as the 80's. After a while listen to the 80's (for a week or so), and you will hear their differences, which are all nice differences IMO.

I will do to listen to them. So far time to time they seems to be little bit harsh on certain recordings, do not know if it is the recording itself or the cans?

Nov 26, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #3,023 of 3,640
They will tame down over time....the more you listen to them, the better they will sound.

Congrats on your purchase.

Nov 26, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #3,024 of 3,640
They will tame down over time....the more you listen to them, the better they will sound.

Congrats on your purchase.

Thanks a lot.

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #3,025 of 3,640
I will do to listen to them. So far time to time they seems to be little bit harsh on certain recordings, do not know if it is the recording itself or the cans?

Seem that the 325's aren't too consistent with their sound signatures, as this has been a discussion on this topic around here. My 325is's aren't harsh in any way at all from day one, but some people say theres are, so I guess its almost like what ever you get you get with this model.
Anyway, enjoy them! 

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #3,026 of 3,640

Seem that the 325's aren't too consistent with their sound signatures, as this has been a discussion on this topic around here. My 325is's aren't harsh in any way at all from day one, but some people say theres are, so I guess its almost like what ever you get you get with this model.
Anyway, enjoy them! 

Shouldn't be like that, so they need to loosen their drivers or the recording has flows.

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #3,027 of 3,640
Should't be, but there are a lot of people saying totally opposite things about their 325's, but most say they are very harsh sounding in the high frequencies, where as like I mentioned, from day one mine where not harsh or bright at all, and as a matter of fact at one point I wash''t very happy with them because I felt the higher frequencies should have been pronounced a bit more from what I had read, but I also own the 80i's and the RS1i's which are crystal clear in the highs, so I'm glad my 325is's are different sounding to me.

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #3,028 of 3,640
Anyone use their 325s for gaming.  The sparkle is great for hearing detail around you.  I'm considering switching to PS500 for its musicality, but I'm concerned about losing the sparkle for gaming.

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #3,029 of 3,640
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but, again, I think that the SR325is are THE brightest sounding Grados. The fact that some peoples find them too bright while others don't, doesn't surprise me at all. As I have said before, hearing acuity, upstream equipement, and personal taste, all come into play when it comes time to form an opinion about headphones, or any other components.

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #3,030 of 3,640
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but, again, I think that the SR325is are THE brightest sounding Grados. The fact that some peoples find them too bright while others don't, doesn't surprise me at all. As I have said before, hearing acuity, upstream equipement, and personal taste, all come into play when it comes time to form an opinion about headphones, or any other components.

Sometimes it is broken record, at least have some flows. It sounds different record to record, that's keep me thinking that something is wrong with the record and 325is are so transparent and revealing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back