The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Mar 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #2,791 of 3,640
Well my 325i's are going to the hosptial, the 1/4" plug started shorting for no apparent reason.  They are in the "brown ambulance" currently in Eagan, MN headed to the E.R. in Brooklyn, NY.

Hope they pull though, I miss them already..
frown.gif

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #2,794 of 3,640
Quote:
Can I ask what tube DAC you're using?  With what tubes?

I use the Advance Acoustic MDA-503:

http://kqban.fdepq.servertrust.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ADVMDA503

with  Ei 12ax7 (ECC83) smooth plates tubes.

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #2,795 of 3,640
New member checking in with 325is SN 13853. Upgraded from SR60s.

Loving the sound so far, well broken in after more than 100 hours. Currently running out of the headphone socket on my Arcam a65+ integrated amp from an Apple TV connected to a Musical Fidelity VDAC (version 1). Most of my music is 256 MP3 or Apple lossless (just finished ripping my CDs to lossless to treat the Grados).

If I wanted to improve the sound overall from my setup, presumably a headphone amp/ DAC combo would be an obvious starting point. I see little merit in investing in, say a Fiio E17 or its ilk but any suggestions on a £300/ $500 bit of kit that would provide any serious improvement are welcome that are tried as tested with the Grados are welcomed. Having a good look round the reviews/ forums on here too. Anything would need to have an optical in to take the feed from the Apple TV and would need a phone out to link into my existing kit.

Cheers.

Jim

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #2,796 of 3,640
Quote:
New member checking in with 325is SN 13853. Upgraded from SR60s.

Loving the sound so far, well broken in after more than 100 hours. Currently running out of the headphone socket on my Arcam a65+ integrated amp from an Apple TV connected to a Musical Fidelity VDAC (version 1). Most of my music is 256 MP3 or Apple lossless (just finished ripping my CDs to lossless to treat the Grados).

If I wanted to improve the sound overall from my setup, presumably a headphone amp/ DAC combo would be an obvious starting point. I see little merit in investing in, say a Fiio E17 or its ilk but any suggestions on a £300/ $500 bit of kit that would provide any serious improvement are welcome that are tried as tested with the Grados are welcomed. Having a good look round the reviews/ forums on here too. Anything would need to have an optical in to take the feed from the Apple TV and would need a phone out to link into my existing kit.

Cheers.

Jim

Unless you're determined to make intimate friends with this hobby, I wouldn't worry too much about getting a $500 dac/amp to go with the Grados.  The improvement will be quite small, if at all.  I recommend enjoying what you have unless you have the disease.

Apr 1, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #2,798 of 3,640
Quote:
Hi,

I've create an account on head-fi to let you know that it appear that Grado did not reset #serial.

Moreover, some Sr325i or even Sr325 (thank to the fact that cups are easy to replaced) are sold on the internet as Sr325is.

So if you have a small #serial and you think you have a Sr325is you might be on for a surprise.

I thought it could be a good information, so i decided to get in this forum.

Ps : English is not my first language as you may have noticed it.

I'm not sure why Grado themselves would say that.

The first batch of reported 2009 Silver 325is phones were in the low hundreds. 

Unless Grado was re-using serial numbers or something what they said is not possible.

-Blue4Ice silver #381
-sonh #441
-pcllau silver #457
-Dougboy silver #479
-cscott silver #481
-MacedonianHero #484
-MetalGeek #568

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #2,799 of 3,640
Owner of Grado SR325is, SN #12478. Purchased these last summer and they just haven't been used enough. Plan for the next month is to do the majority of my listening with these and get to 100 hours plus on them.

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #2,804 of 3,640
Quote:
Ok great thank you.. I would love a pair then but I would need an amp rite? They would be useless straight out of a ipod I take it??

They sound great  out of an iPod, you wouldn't believe it. I tried my 325is's out of my nieces iPod, and I was pretty impressed.Otherwise I only use them at home with my stereo equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back