The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Apr 2, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #2,806 of 3,640
Apr 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #2,809 of 3,640
Hi. I recently bought a 2nd hand pair of Grado 325i's. I really dig em'. It's cool to see all the mods. I thought I spent plenty of money just buying the cans. Guess not.
Serial # 5318

Already ordered g Cush pads. These sound great but its true, they are NOT comfortable for more than an hour or so. I should have them tomorrow.

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #2,811 of 3,640
Do these have the same kinda sound as the etymotic er4s.. Are they detailed like the er4s?

Can't say, I have a pair of UE TF10 which are good IEMs like the Etymotics but I would not compare them sound wise to any open back cans like the Grados. I find them detailed but no way as clinical as my IEMs.

Apr 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #2,813 of 3,640
Any idea what a reasonable asking price is for a a pair of the 325i Goldies in fantastic condition in the original box? They have right at 400 hours on them...most of which was just burn in time while sitting next to amp. Just curious, I've held on to these while selling many others but I'm moving and some of this gear has to go. 

Thanks in advance.

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #2,814 of 3,640
Quote:
Any idea what a reasonable asking price is for a a pair of the 325i Goldies in fantastic condition in the original box? They have right at 400 hours on them...most of which was just burn in time while sitting next to amp. Just curious, I've held on to these while selling many others but I'm moving and some of this gear has to go. 

Thanks in advance.

I checked the sold listing on eBay, and their where 3 pairs of gold 325's that sold for (give or take) 200$U.S.

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #2,816 of 3,640
# 6861 over here!
bigsmile_face.gif

Never gonna sell 'em, either...love the detail, sometimes I like them with jazz better than my RS2's.
Really nice on the Schiit Valhalla, nice on the Schiit Magni/Modi combo.

pacman, you really need to try open-backs, REALLY hear what you've missed...YES, the stage is larger.
Also nicer on your hearing, in the long run.
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #2,817 of 3,640
Quote:
I'm listening to my 325is with my Bose speakers playing the same music and the combination is orgasmic.  Its like I have the best of both worlds.  The intimacy and detail of headphones with the fullness and stage of speakers

I do this all the time with my Celestions and my RS2's.
Especially when listening to string concerti music.
It IS truly an amazing experience one can only discover with open backed cans.
The 325i's are spectacularly amenable to this when listening to live jazz performances.

CHEERS!

Apr 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #2,820 of 3,640
Ok thank you.. Sounds like I would like them..

Can you not find a retailer that stocks any Grado near where you are? Even if you cant hear the 325s, would be useful to try a lesser pair if possible. Whilst not sonically the same, there is definitely a Grado "sound" that some love, some dont. Also, the style and fit is similar between models. $300 is a lot to spend totally blind.

Jim

PS- avoid listening to anything higher up the range- that will just result in a bigger dent in your wallet. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back